+ Reply to Thread
Page 792 of 816 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 ... LastLast
Results 15,821 to 15,840 of 16302

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Today a cop shot a black guy 5 times who was holding a luffa. Because of course.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Today a cop shot a black guy 5 times who was holding a luffa. Because of course.
    But don't you dare suggest Black Lives Matter isn't fair to the police!

A luffa? like, the sponge?

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    A luffa? like, the sponge?
    Yes. The sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    People keep repeating that, but it's not even like she'd tried to really kill anyone. She basically went there and shot herself. It's a public suicide, not really an attack. I doubt it was even premeditated.
    Uh... yes she did.

She shot 4 people, just non fatally.

Because she had a handgun and not a military rifle She wasn't very efficient at killing people, but she totally tried to.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I think even before firearms were invented, only a handful of people were allowed to have weapons like swords. The good ones I mean because without the proper quality and care you could only use it a few times before it gone rusted with all the blood and guts, so a the best stuff were always to the knights and samurais while the common people would usually use a pitchfork or something on a stick.

heck, they even banned katanas in Japan long ago(In the Meiji era, I guess?) and it's like super rare for a civilian to have a gun in there.

Swords were banned in Japan in the Meiji era, and guns, while not completely outlawed, are VERY hard to get in Japan. As a result, while Japan has it's violence problems like any country, they do not have anything like what we're going through. If anything, Japan has a bigger problem with people killing themselves rather than other people.

So, there's a new thing going on. Some anti-transgender nutbags online are pushing the crazy theory that the YouTube Shooter was trans for no real reason.

There's also the fact that some countries allow you to own all the guns you want... but ammo isn't sold anywhere, and you have to go to specific places to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's also the fact that some countries allow you to own all the guns you want... but ammo isn't sold anywhere, and you have to go to specific places to get it.
    Looks like they took Chris Rock's advice to heart (skip to 3:15)

The first minute and a half of this kinda underscores how bad this problem was. This bit debuted in his 1999 "Bigger and Blacker" Special. That's almost 20 years ago. Yet, the "Angry White Guy" school shooter was already a known enough quantity that he starts this bit talking about how scared he is of young white guys...

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    The first minute and a half of this kinda underscores how bad this problem was. This bit debuted in his 1999 "Bigger and Blacker" Special. That's almost 20 years ago. Yet, the "Angry White Guy" school shooter was already a known enough quantity that he starts this bit talking about how scared he is of young white guys...
    Crap, man. I'm a (relatively) young white guy, and I'm worried about them.

I work at a community college and I unfailingly get nervous whenever I walk past a disgruntled looking white guy

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I work at a community college and I unfailingly get nervous whenever I walk past a disgruntled looking white guy
    Community college is such a nexus of bitter nihilism and desperation that I'm honestly surprised that mine hasn't had a shooting in the five years I've been going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Is it legal to bomb Syria ? Even if it doesn't kill anyone ?

I mean, I don't mind about bombing Assad, but I'd like to know if it's legal to do what they did yesterday. thanks. I couldn't find anything on google

Is it legal to bomb Syria ? Even if it doesn't kill anyone ?

I mean, I don't mind about bombing Assad, but I'd like to know if it's legal to do what they did yesterday. thanks. I couldn't find anything on google
    Without a UN mandate, it's not legal.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/harr...65-1202754949/

Not sure who will know who this is:

Harry Anderson was found dead today at 65

A clip of him from the 80s sitcom Night Court: https://youtu.be/dd_3Qjt6nH8

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...french-man-two

I know it's not the first surgery of the kind (there have been 40 or so), but this just seems so wrong on so many levels.
    This time, a 44year-old got the face of a 22 year-old. Also, it's a bit shameful that the French are pioneer in that kind of surgery...
    What do the young deceased man's relatives think about that ? That's what I wanna know. Because I ain't even sure that he signed for it. Everyone is automatically a donor here (except if you tell your doctor that you don't want to before dying), and I'm not sure if he (the 22year-old donor) had to sign something for this kind of very specific surgery.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...french-man-two

I know it's not the first surgery of the kind (there have been 40 or so), but this just seems so wrong on so many levels.
    This time, a 44year-old got the face of a 22 year-old. Also, it's a bit shameful that the French are pioneer in that kind of surgery...
    What do the young deceased man's relatives think about that ? That's what I wanna know. Because I ain't even sure that he signed for it. Everyone is automatically a donor here (except if you tell your doctor that you don't want to before dying), and I'm not sure if he (the 22year-old donor) had to sign something for this kind of very specific surgery.
    did you.... miss the part where the man has a genetic condition that causes severe disfigurement and left him without a face? Because you seem to be under the impression that this was purely cosmetic
    like, the skin is an organ, it's included in the organ donor package when you become one, like lungs and kidneys and all that.
    so I don't really see what's "shameful" here

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information