+ Reply to Thread
Page 800 of 818 FirstFirst ... 300 700 750 790 798 799 800 801 802 810 ... LastLast
Results 15,981 to 16,000 of 16343

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Historic Trump-Kim summit set for Jun 12 in Singapore

Can't think of a reaction to this other than a big fat ':|'

Singapore does not deserves this.

Hidden:

We probably do after trying to take a big dump on democracy in our last presidential elections (BUT HEY FEMALE MUSLIM PRESIDENT!!)

In other southeast Asian news, for the first time since ever, an opposition party has taken the simple majority in Malaysia's 14th General Election.
    Former prime minister Tun Dr. Mahathir, 4th prime minister of Malaysia and representing the Pakatan Harapan (Coalition of Hope) at age 93, has been sworn in as Malaysia's 7th prime minister on 10th May 2018.

People all over local social media are celebrating his victory, but mostly, we're just happy that Najib's rule and his corrupt practices have finally come to an end. The Malaysian community, especially young adults born in the 80s and 90s, feel more empowered now than ever before.

I'm cautiously optimistic for what the future holds.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Shit, I wished it would happen in Mar-A lAOGO.

At first I was hyped by the Kim.Trump meeting. But after noticing the difference of height between the two douchebags, I figured that Kim wouldn't allow pictures. wata let down.
    They'll probably take a picture for the handshake though. They'll be sitting I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    In other southeast Asian news, for the first time since ever, an opposition party has taken the simple majority in Malaysia's 14th General Election.
    Former prime minister Tun Dr. Mahathir, 4th prime minister of Malaysia and representing the Pakatan Harapan (Coalition of Hope) at age 93, has been sworn in as Malaysia's 7th prime minister on 10th May 2018.
    Mahathir's had his own brand of controversy, no, what with his own authoritarian practices eventually setting up some shady shit later administrations would do? To say nothing of his rocky relationship with our own head honcho LKY.

Also I still can't get over the whole opposition coalition being akin to what is basically 'Emperor Palpatine allying with the Rebels to take down Darth Vader'

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Historic Trump-Kim summit set for Jun 12 in Singapore

Can't think of a reaction to this other than a big fat ':|'
    Gee I sure hope Trump doesn't fuck something up especially on this date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Mahathir's had his own brand of controversy, no, what with his own authoritarian practices eventually setting up some shady shit later administrations would do? To say nothing of his rocky relationship with our own head honcho LKY.

Also I still can't get over the whole opposition coalition being akin to what is basically 'Emperor Palpatine allying with the Rebels to take down Darth Vader'
    Certainly true, and I'm no big fan of Mahathir myself (hence my cautious optimism. I have noticed his entire platform is mostly berating Najib's government with little information about what he plans to do next), but what's important here is the people realising just how much power they hold.
    If Mahathir or his party decides to do something that doesn't agree with the general populace, the people know they can elect someone else.

I like to think of it as less a victory for Mahathir and more a victory for the democratic process in Malaysia.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

I can't wait for 45th's patented gorilla aggression handshake lol.

rare picture of Suh Hoon --the leader of the south-korean spies--- crying during the inter-korean meeting
    Spoiler:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/whi...d-coffee-shop/

Poor uneducated racist snowflake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    How does this guy move two feet in Manhattan without hearing something other than English.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    How does this guy move two feet in Manhattan without hearing something other than English.
    Oh I'm sure he does hear other languages. Catch is that he thinks it means they don't belong in America, =

“Your staff is speaking Spanish to customers when they should be speaking English,” the man says.
    This idiot thinks that coming to America means they must speak English from then on and if they don't then they don't belong.
    Worse is the assumptions he makes due to someone speaking another language.

“My guess is, they’re not documented, so my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country,” he says. “They have the balls to come here and live off of my money? I pay for their welfare, I pay for their ability to be here. The least they could do, the least they could do is speak English.”
    Now this part really pisses me off. I had Latina friends who were bilingual. They were not immigrants, nor grandchildren of immigrants. Nor did they live on welfare. And she wasn't a unique person, esp. for being in Texas, as there were Hispanics fighting for the Republic of Texas and have been citizens as long as their white brothers-in-arms.
    This asshole thinks that just because they speak Spanish means they can't afford to support themselves while ignoring the fact that a) some of the Spanish speakers are employees so they are working, b)others are customers paying for their coffee, c) unless NY is different, I don't know about coffee houses accepting food stamps so they would be paying cash, not using govt funds that is in SNAP aka 'food stamps'.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Oh I'm sure he does hear other languages. Catch is that he thinks it means they don't belong in America, =

This idiot thinks that coming to America means they must speak English from then on and if they don't then they don't belong.
    Worse is the assumptions he makes due to someone speaking another language.

Now this part really pisses me off. I had Latina friends who were bilingual. They were not immigrants, nor grandchildren of immigrants. Nor did they live on welfare. And she wasn't a unique person, esp. for being in Texas, as there were Hispanics fighting for the Republic of Texas and have been citizens as long as their white brothers-in-arms.
    This asshole thinks that just because they speak Spanish means they can't afford to support themselves while ignoring the fact that a) some of the Spanish speakers are employees so they are working, b)others are customers paying for their coffee, c) unless NY is different, I don't know about coffee houses accepting food stamps so they would be paying cash, not using govt funds that is in SNAP aka 'food stamps'.
    As someone from Texas what you don't get is that all of this is extra racist/stupid in a NY context. Odds are very good that they were Puerto Rican.
    And welp, one does not immigrate from Puerto Rico to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    It makes you wonder what kind of bubble these people live in.

Between this guy and Trump I have to wonder if horrible assholes in NYC have some secret sky tube they avoid the streets with.

Amazing how this lawyer's hatred of hearing Spanish being spoken doesn't interfere with him touting his ability to speak it on his website.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3993056
    Complicating things since 2009.

Full disclousure, My aunt is an illegal migrant in New York. She could be legally in europe, and her family is in chile, but no, she'd rather clean toilets in new york.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Seriously, did this guy just get momentarily possessed by the spirit of a vengeful redneck?

The welfare stuff racists like to spout at brown people is one of those things that makes me and and want to laugh. White people are the main users of welfare. But this guy is getting destroyed and it's wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information