+ Reply to Thread
Page 817 of 818 FirstFirst ... 317 717 767 807 815 816 817 818 LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,340 of 16345

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    If China decides to take us over, maybe they'll be more lenient on me and my family since we're Chinese.
    That or they view you as a traitor.

You know, either/or

Interpol isn't even that much powerful, and it's actually very much corrupted. But yeah, the Chinese are just considering every single one of their citizens (even though, the word citizen doesn't fit correctly. I should say something like "ethnic group" or what ) as subjects of the State

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    And the worst part is that there is nothing that will be done about it. You think eh they can't just kidnap foreign nationals all willynilly, but they can, and they do so constantly. And when they receive complaints it will be handled in four steps. First deny that it ever happend, if that does not work then move on to step 2. If it's been proved beyond all doubt that yes he is in a Chinese prison launch the idea that the man is a hardend criminal and that nobody is above the law in fair China. Once that's disproven move on to torturing out a scripted confession where the man agrees that he's horribly guilty and that by bringing attention to his incarceration you are only making yourself look bad. And when that also fails bring out the arranged diplomatic scuffles and what have you that can divert attention from the shitshow that's on display. For instance oh no the Swedes are mean to Chinese tourists hey look at this drama and not at the political prisoner being tortured. Sprinke on some paid internet rabble rousers to shitcake all the comment sections with super nationalistic comments. Works everytime apparently because those kidnapped dudes are still in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    If China decides to take us over, maybe they'll be more lenient on me and my family since we're Chinese.
    Nobody likes a quisling.

The people that the Chinese government has hurt the most is the Chinese themselves.

They have been buying Africa's cooperation, and through Venezuela most of the Caribbean and like Nicaragua and Bolivia.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well, the americans are kidnapping and torturing foreign nationals (and non-foreign) all the time too. I guess they usually don't do that with the president of interpol though, yeah

Also, I believe Meng Hongwei is Chinese. Like, not a foreign national. Unless you meant something else

Hidden:

It's tough when you love your people/culture, but hate the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    That or they view you as a traitor.

You know, either/or
    Yeah, I've got a 50/50 chance.

Belive me, I know how you feel.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Right now it goes for both China and America. Maybe I should just move to Germany. I'm 1/4 after all.

Okey-dokey. The first half of the Presidential Elections in Brazil ended and in the dispute we have the former captain who got stabbed in the gut that is hated by most women and gays, Jair Bolsonaro who got 46% of the votes and the other guy is the only mayor São Paulo ever had that didn't got re-elected and it's only there because Lula couldn't run because he is in jail, Fernando Haddad who got around 26% of the votes.

Oh boy...

Hidden:

On one hand I'm happy that no chavez simpathizer got into power, on the other hand the counter wave for leftist extremist (or their not so extreme friends) is also something nasty and bad.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Things look very grim here. We moved to the second round with the right-extremist Jair Bolsonaro, who in every possible aspect is the brazilian version of Donald Trump, and Fernando Haddad (the candidate for "PT", the left-wing party that has the presidency since 2003), who is basically Lula's avatar.

It's only in theory, though, with one of them already getting 46% of the votes on the first round the second one is pretty much just a technicality. And that's awful... I mean, just like pretty much everyone who is not blinded by the polarization the country is currently immersed in, I think electing the PT candidate again would be awfully irresponsible for many reasons, but the alternative presented - and the one that most likely will become reality - is just simply disastrous.

For a little happy news today: In honor of National Indigenous Peoples Day (fuck Colombus), Duolingo now lets you learn both the Hawaiian and Navajo native languages on their app:
    https://lifehacker.com/learn-the-haw...ngo-1829555019

If this does well, maybe we'll get more Native American languages.

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/20...eality-itself/

Weekly reminder of ya know. Greedy merchants so greedy they don't make money! Of course!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, let's raise minimum wage during hiper inflation! Is like pumping blood to someone with 3 different shark bites! Before closing the wounds!
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    The “Insulted but Not Broken” fundraiser earned Lettman over $21,000 at press time, and Instinct revealed that Ortiz had been fired from his job at a CityMD urgent care center.

Hidden:

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

A strange local story I saw pop up on my notifications I thought I'd share:

[Idaho] Fish and Game commissioner hunts ‘family of baboons’ in Africa, faces calls to resign

https://www.idahostatesman.com/outdo...219758365.html

My first thought was that the outrage came from taking international trips to hunt. As I work down the article, the issue seems to be that he was an unethical/unsportsmanlike hunter.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

A cool article for the day: a huge Viking ship burial was discovered by archaeologists.
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/c...b5eVDlxVXYbT7c

Mary Bono is out. After a whole 4 days. I was pretty sure she was gone after her tweet about blacking out the Nike swoop. I mean...Nike is like THE sports sponsor. She turned her whole brain off.

https://www.theroot.com/mary-bono-re...m_campaign=top

Well, fuck. Now I gotta worry about my fucking salt:
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...salt-sea-salt/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information