+ Reply to Thread
Page 854 of 854 FirstFirst ... 354 754 804 844 852 853 854
Results 17,061 to 17,077 of 17077

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Given the shit that's happened in the last few days, here's a fun little thing. A 16th century Assassin's Cabinet disguised as a book:
    https://mymodernmet.com/poison-cabin...ws2-ZQcT8wPz4Q

True it could just be a medicine cabinet, but a lot of those herbs were poisonous. It's fun to think about.

Farmacology 101: The main difference between the Poison and the Medicine is the quantity used.

I can imagine someone opening this big ol' book expecting some nice writings and drawings and bam, drawers full of poison/medicine.

There's been a mass shooting in Thailand. At least 20 people dead.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/asia/...ntl/index.html

New tyranosaur found in Canada has the edgiest name.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/n...236678?cmp=rss

Now isn't this interesting . . . .
    https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...UW3G1NbGTHMwEQ

A bill in Alabama requiring all men to get a vasectomy on their 50th birthday or after their third child, whichever comes first. And he pays for it himself. This bill is a response to the near-total ban that passed legislature (but got stopped by a judge) on abortion. The reason? If women have to be responsible for their "reproductive decisions" then so should men. It takes two to tango.

Now of course this isn't going to get passed or anything, but it's interesting to see bills like this put into the system.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

That makes sense actually, we will never achieve sustaintability without controling population growth.

I can sort of understand the sentiment of that bill, but it's going to rile up some people in Alabama, a state with a large black population. A lot of the hate for Planned Parenthood and birth control in general comes from historical facts concerning sterilization of black communities in secret. My dad hates Planned Parenthood because he finds it hard to believe they aren't still involved in such acts, especially involving its founder, Margaret Sanger's, views on eugenics and race(I don't think she was racist, but this is part of her legacy in black communities, including through women like Angela Davis) . I do believe that free access to proper birth control and family planning is something that healthy societies should strive for and think that Planned Parenthood shouldn't be characterized by the sins of its past, but think anything that is or resembles forced sterilization is both wrong and insensitive to those same sins. We need to give women a choice! On the same hand, maybe more assistance for vasectomy's is something everyone should be talking about?

Yeahhhhh not let's talk anything related to Vasectomies.

Like I thought when Family Guy made a song about the procedure it was harmless......and then I read about how the process is actually done in full on Deadspin.

Some funny but mostly a lot a wincing and leg clenching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Free vasectomy with the 2th child. Forced with the 7th.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It's probably symbolic, just meant to send a message and not to actually go through. But yeah, if it was/is serious then

also, if it's forced at the 50th birthday, what if you don't have any children and don't plan on having any? Then the procedure is just a waste of time and resources along with (possible? I don't know anything about the process so don't know if it's painful or has aftereffects) pointless pain for the recipient.

and then there's "Do adopted children count?" [EDIT: Just read the article and it clarifies biological] and "Is it only people who identify as male, or would pre-op transwomen and non-binary people have to go through with it too?" to factor in
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    It's probably symbolic, just meant to send a message and not to actually go through. But yeah, if it was/is serious then

also, if it's forced at the 50th birthday, what if you don't have any children and don't plan on having any? Then the procedure is just a waste of time and resources along with (possible? I don't know anything about the process so don't know if it's painful or has aftereffects) pointless pain for the recipient.

and then there's "Do adopted children count?" [EDIT: Just read the article and it clarifies biological] and "Is it only people who identify as male, or would pre-op transwomen and non-binary people have to go through with it too?" to factor in
    It's most definitely symbolic, as I'm sure they knew it would never get passed in Alabama.

But yeah, even if you don't want children the idea is to prevent any accidental children, the same way women might get accidentally pregnant if their birth control is messed with or even if they just got drunk and made a bad decision.

In other news, Boys Scout of America filled for Bankruptcy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...tcy/index.html

Well, that's what you get when you have that many sexual abuse scandals. On the other hand, this meaning that all those lawsuits are being put on hold makes you wonder if filing for bankruptcy was planned to keep the lawsuits from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

I forsee a lot of older folk regretting the loss of the Boy Scouts, but when your leaders have thousands of sex abuse lawsuits filed against them, your organization probably deserves to die.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I forsee a lot of older folk regretting the loss of the Boy Scouts, but when your leaders have thousands of sex abuse lawsuits filed against them, your organization probably deserves to die.
    -insert witty catholic church reply-

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

In before certain groups spin this as going woke equals broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information