+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession Session II

Default Re: Confession Session II

I've got a boyfriend.

For the first time in my life even? And for the first time in my life I went for a relationship with someone I don't have weird lusty feelings over, or some kind of aching crush. Everything is at peace in the world. It's someone I genuinely can imagine spending time with, working with, doing things for. And I live really close to him.

Just an incredibly healthy relationship where we both inspire each other to succeed artistically, with like this romantic base that's founded on this mutual respect of feeling good around each other. When I play guitar, I think "I want him to hear this" and I sit there practicing his favorite video game tunes, and he draws me pictures of us as obscure Kirby characters. This ... feels good. There's no pressure. There's no ache. There's only a really soothing relief.

ALSO ZEPHOS IT'S KLOBBER I AM KLOBBER'S GIRLFRIEND!!! I don't think anyone else would know who it since Taboo already knows. Vanessa would know him! Wow I'm Klobber's girlfriend how did this happen.
    Last edited by Pochipochi; April 8th, 2014 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pochipochi View Post
    When I play guitar, I think "I want him to hear this" and I sit there practicing his favorite video game tunes, and he draws me pictures of us as obscure Kirby characters. This ... feels good.
    Awwwww~

It's good to read a happy relationship related story on here every once in a while.

Congrats Pochipochi.
    Last edited by Outerspec; April 8th, 2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Name change
    Everything's Eventual...

Pardon the belated response and I apologize sincerely for any concerns that might have manifested from my absence. Things are certainly...busy.

I've got a boyfriend.

For the first time in my life even? And for the first time in my life I went for a relationship with someone I don't have weird lusty feelings over, or some kind of aching crush. Everything is at peace in the world. It's someone I genuinely can imagine spending time with, working with, doing things for. And I live really close to him.

Just an incredibly healthy relationship where we both inspire each other to succeed artistically, with like this romantic base that's founded on this mutual respect of feeling good around each other. When I play guitar, I think "I want him to hear this" and I sit there practicing his favorite video game tunes, and he draws me pictures of us as obscure Kirby characters. This ... feels good. There's no pressure. There's no ache. There's only a really soothing relief.

ALSO ZEPHOS IT'S KLOBBER I AM KLOBBER'S GIRLFRIEND!!! I don't think anyone else would know who it since Taboo already knows. Vanessa would know him! Wow I'm Klobber's girlfriend how did this happen.

AWWW that's awesome I'm so happy for you! And yes finding that person who you have that special connecton is the best ever. I would never trade it for anything.

I hope things keep on going great between the two of you! You deserve so many good things and I'm sure together there will be so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    ^^ Do what you gotta do to keep cool without harming yourself. Dance man dance.

It seems you do have something to look forward to. You do have something to live for. You plan on moving up north to room with friends? There's that social life you've been missing and most likely a new job. Hold on to that and remember harming yourself harms more than just you. Those friends that keep texting you and inviting you to hang out, but you're too busy? They care. I don't even know you and I care. Take care of yourself.
    Thanks for this ^_^ I really appreciate the kind words :) I would like to just pack up my things and get going, but I would never be able to move forward/go to school/etc because I would have no way to pay off my debts. The thing is, without school I really can't afford to get a job that will allow me to pay off my debts. Well I could do it if my job didn't slice my hours down. I've just got to find something that doesn't destroy my sanity but actually pays something.

I've got a boyfriend.

Congrats!! It sounds like you found a great match :) No pressure is always a good thing. I wish you the best of luck~

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post

AWWW that's awesome I'm so happy for you! And yes finding that person who you have that special connecton is the best ever. I would never trade it for anything.

I hope things keep on going great between the two of you! You deserve so many good things and I'm sure together there will be so much more.
    Thanks Vanessa...!!!

Thank you Arei!! thank you outerspec!!

thank you universe!!!!!!!!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    They never get banned right?
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=24019
    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    I feel like jumping on the bandwagon and offering my condolences, but then a thought occurred to me: She has depression. No one would shut themselves out of the world unless they have deluded themselves that there is no hope in the world and that the online "world" is a better place to "live" in.
    Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Depressed people who cannot help themselves need others who can drag them out of their quicksand. We as outsiders are not obliged to be that someone, but at least we can choose the least damaging path for both parties, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    That's part of the problem, I don't have someone or something that makes each day worth living. I have to spend a lot of time psyching myself up and forcing myself to go on and... it just doesn't last forever. I eventually crack and lose it each time.

Most people excel when the pressure is put on them to do better, but I just get worse. I have to be in a good mood and in a good state of mind to accomplish anything, and it takes so much energy to maintain it makes me physically exhausted. People getting pissed at me only makes me go backwards.
    I don't really know how to give other a reason to live for. Let's me just say that reading manga can psych me up... sometimes.
    This seems fitting:
    Hidden:

Hidden:
    I've got a boyfriend.

Dawwg... this is so adorable. I'm really happy for you. Congratulation, Pochi, and I hope your relationshipwill last, too.

I've got a boyfriend.

This is disgustingly adorable.

In a nice way.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I've got a boyfriend.

Nawwwww~ Congrats

thank you universe!!!!!!!!
    Naawwwwwwwww~

​hehe

Ash n Andy: world famous art duo and smoochin pals

Super cute x3

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

*hugs the forum for comfort*

I hate to do this when the thread has actually been a really happy place for a change, but I'm teetering on the edge of depression right now, being dangerously close to falling right in. I'm too tired to elaborate right now, but there's a million things all happening at once and I'm starting to lose conscious control of everything with no immediate relief in sight. And with everyone around me stretched just as thin, there's not really even anyone to open up to.

Realistically, it should be nothing I can't work through on my own, as always, but when you're just completely out of fight doing that is easier said than done. Bleh.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post

I hate to do this when the thread has actually been a really happy place for a change, but I'm teetering on the edge of depression right now, being dangerously close to falling right in. I'm too tired to elaborate right now, but there's a million things all happening at once and I'm starting to lose conscious control of everything with no immediate relief in sight. And with everyone around me stretched just as thin, there's not really even anyone to open up to.

Realistically, it should be nothing I can't work through on my own, as always, but when you're just completely out of fight doing that is easier said than done. Bleh.
    I understand what you mean. I visited that pit of depression about a week ago and it's not a fun one.

I think you should totally avoid it =P
    Whatever is happening in your life right now will end eventually, don't let it get to you. And you don't have to work through it by yourself, there's people around here and elsewhere eager to be there with you as well. Never feel like there's no one you can open up to, I'm on skype like all afternoon and night (even if the thing on the left keeps saying I'm offline), so at the least I'm almost always present. I know other people are too.
    Hope you feel better soon!

*hugs back*

You do know here at the forum there is always someone who can give you a wing hand. Just a word and you get a thousand hugs!

Whatever happens, I'm sure you've got the gumption to get through it. Depression is a hell of a thing (believe me, I know), but it's totally surmountable if you've got the know how and the friends to pat you on the back through it.

*pats Dryish's back*

Whatever you do, don't lose your sense of self worth. And know that we all appreciate you, too!

^^ What they said. Dryish, you have a support system right here on these forums for whatever it's worth.
    Everything's Eventual...

I've been on an endless cycle of apathy, rock bottom depression, and anger (to the point I want to throw and break things.) I can't seem to find a job, even retail (though I just graduated university.) The only opportunity I have had was a psycho dog trainer, I couldn't put up with her emotional abuse. I have no goals anymore, and I feel like I'm just a drifting ship on the sea of life with no direction at all. I feel bad for friends because they listen to me, and my mom's no help (just pray and ask that jazz.) My boyfriend is just as crazy as I am and our depression feeds off each other. I've cried myself to sleep every night this week. I'm so scared I'm going to lose everything I worked so hard for.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crickeylynn View Post
    I've been on an endless cycle of apathy, rock bottom depression, and anger (to the point I want to throw and break things.) I can't seem to find a job, even retail (though I just graduated university.) The only opportunity I have had was a psycho dog trainer, I couldn't put up with her emotional abuse. I have no goals anymore, and I feel like I'm just a drifting ship on the sea of life with no direction at all. I feel bad for friends because they listen to me, and my mom's no help (just pray and ask that jazz.) My boyfriend is just as crazy as I am and our depression feeds off each other. I've cried myself to sleep every night this week. I'm so scared I'm going to lose everything I worked so hard for.

Crickley, have you thought about seeking professional help? I'm not saying that you're crazy or anything, but I've been to a psychologist before and the experience was very helpful for me.

Couples counselling can also help a lot when you feel like there are things in the relationship that are holding the both of you back.

I know that this can be a big expenditure, even if you do have good health insurance, but just a couple visits can do wonders if you take them seriously and go to a reputable professional.

edit: As far as your job concerns go... you've just got to keep at it. We all find the place we want to be in eventually if we just keep striving for it, even if we are not entirely sure what it is. Don't lose faith, 'kay?

Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar

Depression is a horrible thing and one that i'm really, really familiar with. Just remember that you have friends that are either there or in the internet that can support you and listen to you. And sometimes is just that. You just need someone to listen. Not offer solutions or pity. Just...listen or have an amicable talk. Don't give up guys. Also, AP is an awesome community and i know that there will be someone you can talk to in here. Heck, you can send me a PM of a Visitor message if you need someone to listen. Maybe we can even trade depressions history (ok, that sounded awful but i hope i'm getting my point to you).
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Hey don't take this as a sign I'm back, sorry I'm really wishy-washy and noncommittal(?).

Anyway I'm on the verge of happy tears for what could be perceived as a mundane reason.

I was 1hr30m late to work. This is generally a big deal, and quite a big deal for me cuz I've never done this at this job (been late). Technically... I could have gone in only 30m late. The last hour was spent on me panicking in my car at work, staring at the fading sunset, physically constricted by the thoughts of the admonishment I'd get by going in. I couldn't move. It was like a boa constrictor was restraining me and sapping the life out of me. This job is like a second family to me, and I was devastated at the thought of losing it. I meditated a bit -- out of necessity, really (it's not like I meditate often) -- and after breathing in deeply and repeating several calm, reassuring sentences in my head, managed to go in. Expecting the worst, I'm greeted by a smiling manager who shakes my hand. He says he's just happy I came in. Another person tells me later that I'm really valuable, get things done, and that everybody there loves me and they don't want me to leave. Everyone just kind of laughed it off, even the super strict no nonsense manager. Expectations vs. reality. Life is the most unpredictable thing out there, forget fiction. I like working. It gives me a sense of belonging. I've had some problems with it on occasion, but I love life. I love the personalities I get to mesh with at work.

I know it might seem like I'm overreacting but I was late to dinner service at a restaurant, and that's considered damn bad, as you need every employee you can get during those hours, and even then you're gonna be blitzing.

I'm just so happy that they appreciate me so much, so often. Such a great place to work.

(I haven't checked my VMs or PMs, for the same boa constrictor reasons I mentioned earlier, but my laptop isn't working, so no skype. If anyone wants to contact me, try zstand92@yahoo.com)
    Last edited by Demonicpoodle; April 12th, 2014 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickeylynn View Post

If you really need a job fast food restaurants and the like are always hiring. It's not the best prospect but a job's a job. It'll give you something to do. It'll give you money and it might even give you some comfort knowing that you're working. Believe me, I know this isn't the type of job a university student is looking forward to after graduating, but it'd just be temporarily. Most likely you'll find something better and won't even have to worry about it. You just graduated so give it some time and keep on job hunting. Something will come up.
    Everything's Eventual...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information