+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

I've been looking for a mecha manga to read recently too and most of what I found aren't completely translated, if translated at all. It sucks, especially since those that have anime adaptations or anime entries in the series have them translated but still not the manga.

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

I started up Golden Kamuy and i'm loving the manga so far.
    I didn't actually know it was this violent but damn if Man Gets Face Torn Off By Bear And Then Kills Bear Anyway isn't some cool shit

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I've been looking for a mecha manga to read recently too and most of what I found aren't completely translated, if translated at all. It sucks, especially since those that have anime adaptations or anime entries in the series have them translated but still not the manga.
    Planet with could be good mecha series for you if you like Satoshi's series (I'm a big fan). The storyboard is a 1000 pages draft drawn by him. Here you can find more info about the series:https://manga.tokyo/news/satoshi-miz...ed-for-summer/

I finally finished my read through of Assassination Classroom. Awesome, awesome series that sadly doesn't seem to get the credit or attention it deserves.

Well...okay, that's not to say it's perfect, but still a very creative and emotional series that I would probably rank among the best I've ever read (not that I've read a WHOLE lot of manga, granted).

Random observations (spoilers included):

Spoiler:
    -The assassination stuff is cool and all, but I think the stuff with Class E fighting against the oppressive school system was the best part of the manga. Hell, that alone could have been the basis for a series.

-That said, even after the school stuff was resolved (about 2/3 of the way through) the stuff after that was really great too, especially Kayano's reveal and Koro sensei's backstory.

-That also said, going into space was probably the dumbest part of the whole manga. That was just a bit too...out there (no pun intended). Hell, even that whole conflict is kinda nonsensical since they try to find a way to save Koro sensei, but then just...go back to trying to kill him? ...I don't get you Class E.

-A shame none of the romances (aside from Karasuma and Irina) ever cemented into anything final, but eh, they're still college kids by the end of the series. They've got time.

-Also a shame that Koro sensei never used his Absolute Defense Form again. It just felt like something that should have been used again at least once.

-God, this manga's use of metaphorical imagery is just extraordinary, if not sometimes a little confusing, but that might just be me being an ignorant American.

-Between this and MHA, I was really initially turned off by the idea of introducing a whole classroom of students with the false promise of becoming connected to each of them. But both cases proved me wrong as, while it's true that not all the students become fully fleshed out deep characters, you still get a sense of who they all are over time and you can remember most if not all them by the end of the series (almost like a real classroom)

-I also read that bonus one-shot at the end of Volume 21. While the designs are really creative...yeah, I can kinda see why it wasn't picked up for a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I finally finished my read through of Assassination Classroom. Awesome, awesome series that sadly doesn't seem to get the credit or attention it deserves.

Well...okay, that's not to say it's perfect, but still a very creative and emotional series that I would probably rank among the best I've ever read (not that I've read a WHOLE lot of manga, granted).

Random observations (spoilers included):

Spoiler:
    -The assassination stuff is cool and all, but I think the stuff with Class E fighting against the oppressive school system was the best part of the manga. Hell, that alone could have been the basis for a series.

-That said, even after the school stuff was resolved (about 2/3 of the way through) the stuff after that was really great too, especially Kayano's reveal and Koro sensei's backstory.

-That also said, going into space was probably the dumbest part of the whole manga. That was just a bit too...out there (no pun intended). Hell, even that whole conflict is kinda nonsensical since they try to find a way to save Koro sensei, but then just...go back to trying to kill him? ...I don't get you Class E.

-A shame none of the romances (aside from Karasuma and Irina) ever cemented into anything final, but eh, they're still college kids by the end of the series. They've got time.

-Also a shame that Koro sensei never used his Absolute Defense Form again. It just felt like something that should have been used again at least once.

-God, this manga's use of metaphorical imagery is just extraordinary, if not sometimes a little confusing, but that might just be me being an ignorant American.

-Between this and MHA, I was really initially turned off by the idea of introducing a whole classroom of students with the false promise of becoming connected to each of them. But both cases proved me wrong as, while it's true that not all the students become fully fleshed out deep characters, you still get a sense of who they all are over time and you can remember most if not all them by the end of the series (almost like a real classroom)

-I also read that bonus one-shot at the end of Volume 21. While the designs are really creative...yeah, I can kinda see why it wasn't picked up for a series.
    If you enjoyed assclass for creative design and its metaphors then Matsuis previous work is an absolute must read. While i really enjoyed assclass personally i find it falters in front of Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, it amps up the creativity to eleven even the cover pages are creative as hell.
    Spoiler:

It's my absolute favourite series and i can't wait for his next work to appear.

Just read The Waking Man by Taniguchi Jiro. It's 18 short stories (or portraits) of a waking man and the events he lives on his walks. It's a relly beautiful slice of life, I'd say, focused in the spiritual practice of being in the here and now.

I also read The Magic Montain by the same author. A short story about two children and a talking magical salamander. Like in the first one also in this one the author knows how to portray a spiritual living world in the middle of contemporary society. Really nice author for people who likes spiritualism. It also reminded me of Ashinano Hitoshi's works which revolve around similar topics.

I binge read Innocent:Rouge & caught up to the latest translated volume. (I made a mistake & read the sequel first. Will have to read backwards now.lol)
    This series is really weird. It's like I'm on an acid trip but yet I want to keep reading it.
    The art is just amazing...It's so incredibly detailed & beautiful. The characters, costumes, scenery etc. I don't even want to imagine the amount of time spent drawing some of the panels. It's easily my favourite aspect of the series & the reason why I decide to read it.
    Though I'm not really a fan of almost everyone looking like bishounen/bishojo.

The nudity, sex, violence & gore is kinda off putting. But it does set the tone of the series well & it's at a tolerable level...
    Spoiler:
    In the first few chapters, our main character's son have to help in the execution of a 12 years old girl who killed her rapist husband....
    Definitely knew what I was getting into then. lol

I'm not well versed in the French revolution at all. So, I can't really comment on the historical accuracy of it. I know there are definitely some creative changes to it. One of the main character may not even exist in real life.

I need to catch up the original series first before I can comment on the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information