+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Yeah I'm reading it because I loved SoreMachi. Definitely hasn't gone how I was expecting since it started considering the plot points introduced in the beginning. The most recent chapter was interesting as well and the current arc is still continuing, though I don't know to what end.

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Hey everybody, I´d like a few recommendations from you bc at the moment I am only reading OP and 20th Century Boys and I am looking for a series that has ended to read now (german or ernglish release). I am looking for something mature/challenging, preferably with a historic background. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy´s Phoenix View Post
    Hey everybody, I´d like a few recommendations from you bc at the moment I am only reading OP and 20th Century Boys and I am looking for a series that has ended to read now (german or ernglish release). I am looking for something mature/challenging, preferably with a historic background. Any recommendations?
    Historical and completed limits things but off the top of my head:

Other series of Urasawa, especially Monster, though that´s recent history, but considering you are probably from Germany, it plays mostly there as backdrop, so interesting.
    Eden it´s an endless world (both historical and futuristic in a sense)
    Spirit Circle
    Kozure Ookami
    Buddha
    Sanctuary (well it plays in the 80s)
    Bokkou
    Innocent
    Blade of the Immortal
    Shigurui
    Kubikiri Asa

The last three and Ookami are with Samurais.

Thank you for the list. I think Eden is something I might enjoy. Also been eyeing Lone Wolf for a while now, but been put off to buy the volumes bc they flipped it (I hate that).
    Also remembered the Adolf manga (also flipped^^). I think I´ll go with that first.

Can any of you help me out. I have been trying to remember the name of a manga I read a while back. Its about a boy who is going to a new school and he moves into a shared housing building where it just so happens everyone there is a very good shougi or go player. I tried searching shogi, and go mangas but I just can't find it. Sorry for the vague description.
    Let the beat build bitch

Pluto could be an interesting reading if you enjoy Urasawa's work. It's complete and being sci-fi, it also has some reference (not a big one) to the gulf war.

As for how to find go or shogi manga this tool can be useful: https://www.mangaupdates.com/categories.html in the quick search box you can search by categories.

Quote Originally Posted by They call me D View Post
    Can any of you help me out. I have been trying to remember the name of a manga I read a while back. Its about a boy who is going to a new school and he moves into a shared housing building where it just so happens everyone there is a very good shougi or go player. I tried searching shogi, and go mangas but I just can't find it. Sorry for the vague description.
    i think it is Mononofu
    But it is a canceled shonen jump serie

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information