+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Yeah I'm reading it because I loved SoreMachi. Definitely hasn't gone how I was expecting since it started considering the plot points introduced in the beginning. The most recent chapter was interesting as well and the current arc is still continuing, though I don't know to what end.

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Hey everybody, I´d like a few recommendations from you bc at the moment I am only reading OP and 20th Century Boys and I am looking for a series that has ended to read now (german or ernglish release). I am looking for something mature/challenging, preferably with a historic background. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy´s Phoenix View Post
    Hey everybody, I´d like a few recommendations from you bc at the moment I am only reading OP and 20th Century Boys and I am looking for a series that has ended to read now (german or ernglish release). I am looking for something mature/challenging, preferably with a historic background. Any recommendations?
    Historical and completed limits things but off the top of my head:

Other series of Urasawa, especially Monster, though that´s recent history, but considering you are probably from Germany, it plays mostly there as backdrop, so interesting.
    Eden it´s an endless world (both historical and futuristic in a sense)
    Spirit Circle
    Kozure Ookami
    Buddha
    Sanctuary (well it plays in the 80s)
    Bokkou
    Innocent
    Blade of the Immortal
    Shigurui
    Kubikiri Asa

The last three and Ookami are with Samurais.

Thank you for the list. I think Eden is something I might enjoy. Also been eyeing Lone Wolf for a while now, but been put off to buy the volumes bc they flipped it (I hate that).
    Also remembered the Adolf manga (also flipped^^). I think I´ll go with that first.

Can any of you help me out. I have been trying to remember the name of a manga I read a while back. Its about a boy who is going to a new school and he moves into a shared housing building where it just so happens everyone there is a very good shougi or go player. I tried searching shogi, and go mangas but I just can't find it. Sorry for the vague description.
    Let the beat build bitch

Pluto could be an interesting reading if you enjoy Urasawa's work. It's complete and being sci-fi, it also has some reference (not a big one) to the gulf war.

As for how to find go or shogi manga this tool can be useful: https://www.mangaupdates.com/categories.html in the quick search box you can search by categories.

Quote Originally Posted by They call me D View Post
    Can any of you help me out. I have been trying to remember the name of a manga I read a while back. Its about a boy who is going to a new school and he moves into a shared housing building where it just so happens everyone there is a very good shougi or go player. I tried searching shogi, and go mangas but I just can't find it. Sorry for the vague description.
    i think it is Mononofu
    But it is a canceled shonen jump serie

Thank you for the list. I think Eden is something I might enjoy. Also been eyeing Lone Wolf for a while now, but been put off to buy the volumes bc they flipped it (I hate that).
    Also remembered the Adolf manga (also flipped^^). I think I´ll go with that first.
    Haven´t read Adolf yet, it´s on my reading list, but i got distracted too often recently with newer and seemingly easier to digest titles

Yep Eden is one of my favorites, and Lone Wolf is a known classic that was adapted to tv shows and movies even.

Adolf is really good but I didn't like it quite as much as Phoenix or Buddha. And those three are my favorites of what I've read of Tezuka's stuff. Dororo, Princess Knight, and MW were varying degrees of poor to decent. Black Jack is supposedly good but it's quite a bit longer than the other stuff I've read from him so I haven't started it yet. Also want to read Astro Boy at some point.

Right now I'm reading Shiawase Kissa 3-choume, which I mostly picked up because I liked the first volume cover and the character designs (and in general I really like most Hana to Yume volume covers, both for art and just overall design that they all share). Has typical shoujo manga proportion issues but it's fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Haven´t read Adolf yet, it´s on my reading list, but i got distracted too often recently with newer and seemingly easier to digest titles

Yep Eden is one of my favorites, and Lone Wolf is a known classic that was adapted to tv shows and movies even.
    Yeah I think I´ll bite the bullet and order the first two omnibus versions of Lone Wolf with the two Adolf books. I guess the left handed samurai will be fun to see^^ Also: Have you read Mushishi?

Yeah I think I´ll bite the bullet and order the first two omnibus versions of Lone Wolf with the two Adolf books. I guess the left handed samurai will be fun to see^^ Also: Have you read Mushishi?
    Mushishi is a title i exclusively watched the anime of, since the animation and the tranquil soundtrack were too good to pass on, one of the few examples i prefer the anime adaptation of (with a few others, especially mangas about music).
    I read somewhere that they might have changed the order of the stories taking place (Mushishi is mostly of episodic nature) but it apparently does not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Mushishi is a title i exclusively watched the anime of, since the animation and the tranquil soundtrack were too good to pass on, one of the few examples i prefer the anime adaptation of (with a few others, especially mangas about music).
    I read somewhere that they might have changed the order of the stories taking place (Mushishi is mostly of episodic nature) but it apparently does not change anything.
    Ah okay. Episodic sounds great. Might give that a try as well. I guess I have something to do the next weeks ;) Thanx again!

@Ukimix: just realised your post was for me. I read Pluto, but thanks for the tool!

Ah okay. Episodic sounds great. Might give that a try as well. I guess I have something to do the next weeks ;) Thanx again!

@Ukimix: just realised your post was for me. I read Pluto, but thanks for the tool!
    No problem, have fun.

Just remembered a few other historic ones i recently (recently means last 3 years or so) started to read.

Gunka no Baltzar (fictional world war I)
    Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (Chinese Empire)
    Golden Kamuy (late 19th, early 20th century Japan)
    Otoyomegatari (Middle East 19th Century)
    Youjo Senki (fictional world war I)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information