+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2460

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Default Re: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    Try eat a bigger dinner earlier in the evening. If you eat dinner to soon before you go to bed, you'll have all this extra energy that you won't need. If you're feeling hungry when you go to bed, it's probably because you don't eat enough. If you drink coffee try to cut down the amount of cups. I hope it helps :)
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

well i just used my tax return to buy the last few parts of my new computer that i will be building. Unfortunately, they're the the most expensive parts so the total was almost half of the total cost... but hey, thank you tax return!! I'm a bit nervous because I've never built a computer before, so I'm worried I'm gonna get a part that doesnt work and then not know what the heck is wrong with it

but still, it's been a year since i've been able to use maya on my home comp, and I'm excited to start practicing again. Also I'll be able to use my cintiq on it too!! At last!!!

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Alright, so I'm able to fall asleep within 30 minutes of lying down without having to get up due to hunger.

But the problem is that when I fall asleep, I can't sleep deeply and uninterrupted. My sleep is shallow, basically. I end up being awake multiple times in the middle of the night. I'm not hungry, or too hot, or too cold. I'm actually still tired too. But I'm awake. And so I can't get proper rest sometimes.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I woke up at 6am today. Felt like garbage. Shoulders hurt, stomach was sore, and ankles were sore. I took half an Orgain energy drink, which did nothing (and it normally does help wake me up). Breakfast was just shreded wheat. A few hours later I get a ginger ale and after drinking a 1/4 of it I feel great. My pains gone, I'm awake, and frankly I'm feeling a lot more optimistic and I don't know why. I mean this drink literally changed everything. I thought it was low blood sugar, but the Orgrain should have taken care of that. So, I feel great and I don't know why.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm fit to burst with excitement - an old friend of mine just told me that she has a guest room for me and my girlfriend to use in Nashville during the solar eclipse! Oh, I can't wait.

I might need to buy a camera. Oof, I can't contain myself.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Celebrated my 26th birthday by going to dinner at Bonefish Grill with some family members. I had bang bang shrimp for appetizers and Alaskan Cod fish and chips for the main course. Afterward, I had a slice of cheesecake.

Started putting together gameplay recordings for YouTube.
    Well recieved amongst my subscribers so far, so hopefully I'll keep it going.

I also just made a Star Trek pun in Skype.
    Equal parts proud and ashamed :P

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Went to the Black Women's Expo in Chicago with my mother and aunt. When we were close to leaving, I saw actress Vivica Fox. Pretty cool and surreal.

Yankee Candles has a Havana themed summer collection, and I'm in love with the Viva Havana scent.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I'm using a week of vacation from work. I spent the first day at the Tax March, holding a sign and being a fish out of water. I wanted to contribute, but weirdly enough what was supposed to be a 4 hour protest ended in 1 hour. I didn't expect much, but I'm disappointed.

More recently, I'm starting to read a few books on dog training. I'm wondering if I can make a career out of it.

Had blood work done this morning to check my vitamin d levels. Later on, I made room in the shed so my cousin drop off some of her furniture while she's looking for a place. Afterward, she and her fiance treated us to dinner with pizza Sbarro.

Hello everyone. Long time no see.

I made myself a break yesterday and visited a con.

I've met cut boy cosplaying as Batman. My bro shot a photo for me.

Spoiler:

his Mom is Wonder woman
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

So my office is gonna migrate to Singapore this month and I can't move there just yet. So basically, I now have the choice of finding a new job that aligns with my education ( which will take forever, because of the pencil pushing douchebags at the employment office ), or take a job as a caretaker at a hospital, which I basically only need to sign the contract to get. Yuck...

So my office is gonna migrate to Singapore this month and I can't move there just yet. So basically, I now have the choice of finding a new job that aligns with my education ( which will take forever, because of the pencil pushing douchebags at the employment office ), or take a job as a caretaker at a hospital, which I basically only need to sign the contract to get. Yuck...
    Are you financially well off enough to take that worst case scenario where it takes a while to land a new job?

If so then you could afford to be picky. If not then work is work, ain't nothing wrong with working at a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Are you financially well off enough to take that worst case scenario where it takes a while to land a new job?

If so then you could afford to be picky. If not then work is work, ain't nothing wrong with working at a hospital.
    I could probably do that. If I'm a bit more liberal with my savings than usual. But I'd have to be careful, I got crazy expenses coming up. And more than anything, find somebody who I can rent out one of my rooms to.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with hospitals. But caretaking isn't exactly fun and quite a big readjustment from having been a pencil pusher for a year. The idea of working with it just gives me all this PTSD from having worked all these disgusting, dead end jobs, pre-university.

I could probably do that. If I'm a bit more liberal with my savings than usual. But I'd have to be careful, I got crazy expenses coming up. And more than anything, find somebody who I can rent out one of my rooms to.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with hospitals. But caretaking isn't exactly fun and quite a big readjustment from having been a pencil pusher for a year. The idea of working with it just gives me all this PTSD from having worked all these disgusting, dead end jobs, pre-university.
    Eh i think you'll find that the elderly aren't that bad. Worst part will be that you'll really have to bone up on your Danish. Cause those senior citizens really don't understand us Swedes too well.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Eh i think you'll find that the elderly aren't that bad. Worst part will be that you'll really have to bone up on your Danish. Cause those senior citizens really don't understand us Swedes too well.
    that won't be a problem, I'm fluent in danish and norwegian too. I probably speak better danish than swedish at this point. I don't enunciate R's as well as I used to, unfortunately. But I still can't pronunce "ä" properly, so people can instantly tell I've lived in Stockholm. So I'll probably end up with a freak accent that's impossible to localize

Going to see the Struts in Baltimore tonight... promises to be an entertaining show! I'm honestly not a huge fan, but a friend roped me into going and now I'm pretty excited. The lead singer seems to be especially talented and pretty hilarious, honestly.

My father and step mother drove up from Decatur to visit some old friends. The picked me up, and we had breakfast at the pancake house.

Tried surfing today for the first time and ended up getting jellyfish stings all over my legs. Good fun though!
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information