+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2530

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Default Re: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

My morning was stressful because of another nightmare with my mother, and me going out to places to get stuff I needed. But it was worth going out to those places, as I found an Nintendo Switch when I was at Target. With it I got the new Zelda game that came out a few months ago too! (I was originally at Target to get a bike and hair dye, but they had a small selection of bicycles, plus they did not have the color of the hair dye I wanted.) And I got myself a bicycle when I was at Walmart, so I can get in shape. I decided to go this route, than going to the gym; and besides I'm scared to go to one anyway. I also dyed my hair pink, and that was honestly the best part of my day! ^_^

Avatar: Series: No Game No Life; Character: Jibril; Artist: Unknown

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Earlier today, I was finally able to reconnect with my older (half) sister. When I finally spike to her again after all these years, I was so full of joy that I wanted to cry. We have a lot of catching up to do.

Sitting outside the building for my first EMT ambulance ride along and I'm nervous as heck. Watch me forget everything I've learned so far lol.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーエ)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

So, close to where I live, there's this new place called GEN, which I've heard is really good. But I've never had Korean barbecue before. What exactly are the most common foods in it, and stuff?

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

This week I've learned how to apply gauze! I mean, kind of. I've had a lot of practice this week, as my dog has had an injured paw. Basically a few times a day I have to wash it, disinfect it, and wrap it. It is healing well. So, all my week has been about treating paws. Yep, I live the exciting life.

Today though, a friend of mine out of nowhere ordered shoes for my dog. Little velcro things that you slip onto his feet to not only protect them from damage, but they provide grip to help older dogs walk up stairs. I never thought I'd be dealing with dog shoes, but here I am.

Summery of the day: being in love can really dull even your sharpest edges.

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Default How was your Day 2 (general chat)

I知 saving up all this money for the move to Singapore. But in the meantime, I知 really just scratching lines on a wall, counting days. I know once payday hits I値l be able to turn a new leaf, but until then I知 in this horrible limbo of being too broke to do anything fun.

Which would be fine if I had my computer. Which I don稚, because of course it broken. And of course I can only repair it at the retail I bought it. Which don稚 exist in Copenhagen of course. So I had to go to Sweden to repair a dinosaur computer for the same amount of its value. I seem to make horrible decisions when I知 澱etween things.

Edit: and I just hit my pinkytoe on the table so now I wanna die. :(
    Last edited by Strooger; October 10th, 2017 at 09:08 AM.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    Edit: and I just hit my pinkytoe on the table so now I wanna die. :(
    I lost half a toenail when that happened to me once. I am sorry.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Starting to hunt for part-time work. It's nerve wracking but at least I'm trying. The worst part is the stress, I need to establish some sort of income beside the student loan so I can stay in the city (and even then I doubt a part-time job will be enough, but it's not like I can find a full-time job while studying). Also trying to set up a portfolio only to be depressed at having nothing worthwhile to show. But at least I'm working on that - currently trying to brush up my digital painting skills. I haven't drawn seriously in years, so hopefully I can get back into it.

In lighter news I've found an apartment I'm hopeful for. It's not much bigger than the one I have (a shame), but it's a good rent for a good area. Hoping it lives up to my expectations, has an oven (so I can finally bake!) and that the guy first in line doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I lost half a toenail when that happened to me once. I am sorry.
    You must have kicked the shit out of that leg table lol.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    You must have kicked the shit out of that leg table lol.
    I was running, so technically lol.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Hello Y'all!

A quickie update: My ship has pulled in Bahrain for a few days, only a month & a half left in deployment until I'm back home!

Can't Wait XD

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

I guess this is as good a place as any to vent for a bit.

So, the people of Manchester where I'm studying, great people overall. It's really nice seeing these lovely folk gong about their daily routine whenever I go out to buy some groceries.
    But there's this one gaggle of kids, young teens about, who absolutely piss me off. It started one night while on my way back to my room, I went past these kids who were loitering in front of a convenience store. One of them pestered me to buy some cigarettes. When I refused, the lot started yelling at me, and one even smacked me on the back of the head.
    I just continued walking home but goddamn, it took practically every fibre of my being to restrain the rage I had that night.
    To make matters worse, I've started noticing them around the area more often, and they probably remember me if their pelting me with corn snacks is any indication.

I no longer feel that carefree jolliness when walking outside. I prefer to just stay inside now. They really soured what would have otherwise been a rather enjoyable time here.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post

So, the people of Manchester where I'm studying, great people overall. It's really nice seeing these lovely folk gong about their daily routine whenever I go out to buy some groceries.
    But there's this one gaggle of kids, young teens about, who absolutely piss me off. It started one night while on my way back to my room, I went past these kids who were loitering in front of a convenience store. One of them pestered me to buy some cigarettes. When I refused, the lot started yelling at me, and one even smacked me on the back of the head.
    I just continued walking home but goddamn, it took practically every fibre of my being to restrain the rage I had that night.
    To make matters worse, I've started noticing them around the area more often, and they probably remember me if their pelting me with corn snacks is any indication.

I no longer feel that carefree jolliness when walking outside. I prefer to just stay inside now. They really soured what would have otherwise been a rather enjoyable time here.
    Oh wow you're not far from where I am (Nottingham)

Sadly you find people like that pretty much everywhere, you just gotta try and not let them keep you down, and just ignore them as much as you can, it sucks and I know trust me I have experienced the same and worse before, I've found just ignoring and going about your business to work best.

Good luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

I've had a fever and a sore throat all day, and have a deadline for Monday. Bad bad day

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post

The brits are a weird bunch. They don't take well to being ignored. I find the best way to put em back in their place is humour, self depreciative, and then go onto brutal mocking of everything they stand for, under the veil of 'banter'. That said, I can get away with being pretty cut and dry, and even outright insulting, what with being a loudmouthed italian guy with a temper. I'm not exactly afraid to put someone back in their place if they start getting cocky, and I'll hit back double as hard at anyone who gets physical with me (despite being a total pacifist, I'll never start anything).

But I guess that might not be helpful to you, depending on whether you're a guy, a girl, whether they're much bigger than you, or whether you're good at riffing back against stupid teens at all. Just... a good joke at your own expense goes a long way to getting people on your side in england, and you're sort of forced to get used to that kind of behaviour, else feel shitty about yourself.

That said, i hate the brits who get all sensitive, they're the only type I can't deal with, they just get offended. But I'm pretty sure the assholes who hit you aren't that type, usually the sensitive ones are too nice for their own good
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I feel good, yet off. I might be coming down with something, but it's not quite impacting my health yet. I have aches and pains, mild dizziness, and I've sneezed a bit. Either way, I'm going to chug vitamina C, cause this would be a bad week for me to get sick. Next week the company president visits, and while I think I could call out, I'd rather be at my best. I also have a job fair I'm going to two weeks from now. With that in mind, hopefully this is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I feel good, yet off. I might be coming down with something, but it's not quite impacting my health yet. I have aches and pains, mild dizziness, and I've sneezed a bit. Either way, I'm going to chug vitamina C, cause this would be a bad week for me to get sick. Next week the company president visits, and while I think I could call out, I'd rather be at my best. I also have a job fair I'm going to two weeks from now. With that in mind, hopefully this is nothing.
    Hopefully it is not anything too serious, either way, I hope this minor things go away soon!

Well, today is going to a great start! I found a new picture to use as my avatar yesterday, when I was chatting with someone on Facebook, which I put up today on several places; and I found out her first name was Alice! (Thanks to C_uggs for telling me where and who she was.) So, with her having the same first name as me, is like really awesome, and a lucky coincidence, quite indeed! ^.^

Bad news: flight home from Canada was cancelled so I got stuck in this snowy city for a full extra day
    Good news: I get to spend a full extra day with my special guy whom I don't get to see in person too often~
    Bad news: did I mention it's bloody cold up here
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーエ)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I had my wallet stolen last night in the subway
    I've lost 400euros.

I'm not even mad tbh. Just don't wanna think about it

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information