+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2530

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Default Re: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Wow that sucks. Why did you have 400 euros in your wallet?

Hopefully with a little luck, only four more weeks until I'm back home.

God, I miss the comforts of home. I miss my family.

I'm ready for this deployment to end.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Wow that sucks. Why did you have 400 euros in your wallet?
    No particular reason (actually half of the money was for buying a bunch of books for this semester), I just happened to save a lot of cash these last weeks... that I didn't put in a drawer because of uhhh, amnesia I guess. I've basically dumbly lost 400euros... Kind of hurts, especially when it's the exact amount of money I get every months for my student aid

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I've basically dumbly lost 400euros... Kind of hurts, especially when it's the exact amount of money I get every months for my student aid
    Ouch. No hope in getting it again :/

Speaking as someone who rides the subway four times a week, I feel your pain. One time I got threatened with a knife, completely avoided that route home to this day.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Lost my favorite Black&Yellow Trafalgar Law t-shirt, I don't want to order a new one online so I'm just trying with one of those business that print stuff on clothes.

I found a stray cat today. It seemed wounded, and it didn't really run away from me. After a while, I took him home and then to a vet nearby. The vet said there was virtually no chance for him to survive even with medication and care, so decided to let her end his misery.

I cried for a solid half an hour. I wish I could've been the savior I felt myself to be for a moment, but I couldn't save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I found a stray cat today. It seemed wounded, and it didn't really run away from me. After a while, I took him home and then to a vet nearby. The vet said there was virtually no chance for him to survive even with medication and care, so decided to let her end his misery.

I cried for a solid half an hour. I wish I could've been the savior I felt myself to be for a moment, but I couldn't save him.
    Damn I'm sorry. At least you stopped to help it, otherwise it would still be suffering and alone. For what it's worth, not everyone would've gone to the lengths you did.

I constantly worry about the day I'll have to let go of my dog. Not fun

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post

Aw, man, that's heartbreaking. I know it's little comfort after what happened, but you should be proud of yourself for doing everything in your power to help him. Sometimes the world just isn't a fair place and things are out of our control. :(

Even though I don't feel like a hero and am not really proud of myself, I did gain one thing from yesterday's events.

I doubly appreciate every meow, every little movement, every attentive gaze from my cat. When the stray cat looked at me with his one good eye, I could see he was in pain. When I look into my kitten's eyes, I see happiness and strenght.

Did a clinical shift in the emergency department today for my EMT class. Was surprisingly more relaxed than the ambulance runs, granted the guy I was shadowing was less of a stiff too. My fav patient would be this elder who came in wearing big fuzzy paw slippers and had a big stuffed owl for comfort. Also saw a code stemi get initiated, that was pretty intense.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information