+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar

Default Re: How was your Day 2

An hour to cook? Oh man, that's explains why i'm so bad in the kitchen. The most common sentence i say is something among the lines "Eh, it's not red/white anymore. Good to go".
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

For clarification, since I'll never call her by what she's supposed to be, my roommate's rat:

Spoiler:
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Quote Originally Posted by Kubihige View Post
    For clarification, since I'll never call her by what she's supposed to be, my roommate's rat:

Now i can only imagine a cartoon where you try to get rid of her (The dog's a she in the cartoon) only to be thwarted and then you yell "One day i'll get you Privateer Snuggle-Wiggles (yes, that's her name)" It would be called Rei and Privatter Snuggle-Wiggles and it will air on The Hub.

Yeah, the flu has me hallucinating.

Just finished my last exam of high school. It feels really surreal being done with everything, but now I'M FREE!1 (until college starts in the fall)

Wow so I bought four packs/bags of oranges and each one was sufficiently heavier than expected that the machine challenged me! I am proud of my orange selection.

Then I saw some people punting on the river ... these swans were swimming right up close and they tried to take pictures. And then one of the swans snapped at their hands :p Their reactions were funny.

That made my day. Tomorrow, the dreaded exam number 1. Oh wait, that's the easy one. But still -.-

My brother and I took our father out for his birthday. Had a delicious breakfast at IHOP.

also I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday.....saw a 3-in-1 edition of One Piece volumes 25-27. I forgot what volume my collection was up to.....darn it, turns out I needed it. It would've been a great deal.

I feel frustrated, sad, annoyed and eternally tired.

So many things are weighing on me at the moment and I just want to lay down, curl up and cry. And punch something while shouting.
    Last edited by Nolus; June 3rd, 2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: What's wrong with meeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    An hour to cook? Oh man, that's explains why i'm so bad in the kitchen. The most common sentence i say is something among the lines "Eh, it's not red/white anymore. Good to go".
    With preparations and washing up an hour is the bare minimum.

But i mean if you are doing something big then it could be three, four hours.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    With preparations and washing up an hour is the bare minimum.

But i mean if you are doing something big then it could be three, four hours.
    Why is it that the best food always takes so long to do?

For some reason, though, when I've spent that kind of time on a meal, I always appreciate it so much more once it enters my mouth. It could just be the anticipation, but I always get the sense that I can almost taste the hard work that went into it.

God, i can't manage work emmergencies when i'm this sick. i feel a bird tearing apart my throat everytime i breathe. This one is really bad but i'll let my boss handle it X.x

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Why is it that the best food always takes so long to do?

For some reason, though, when I've spent that kind of time on a meal, I always appreciate it so much more once it enters my mouth. It could just be the anticipation, but I always get the sense that I can almost taste the hard work that went into it.
    Eh as long as you pick the proper protein or vegetable for the right method time isn't that big of a factor.

I mean you don't just sear a chuck steak and expect it to be tender, and you don't slow cook a filet.

But i reckon it's because one takes the time to do it properly, no rushing things to get to the climax quicker

Eh as long as you pick the proper protein or vegetable for the right method time isn't that big of a factor.

I mean you don't just sear a chuck steak and expect it to be tender, and you don't slow cook a filet.

But i reckon it's because one takes the time to do it properly, no rushing things to get to the climax quicker
    That's true. It's just something that I've noticed in general about longer preparations, though: Brined poultry is so much better than just marinated. Stews, chilis, and slow cooker meals always seem to just come out so friggin' good, too. Dry aged beef > air chilled. I posted that thing about artichokes a little while back, too.

Sometimes I feel like I've become such a foodie that it's turned into a complex. When I cook for myself, I do it right, but if I don't have the motivation, I just won't do it at all. Like I'd rather starve than eat poorly prepared food.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I feel frustrated, sad, annoyed and eternally tired.

So many things are weighing on me at the moment and I just want to lay down, curl up and cry. And punch something while shouting.
    Is everything alright Nolus? Something that you need to talk about or any way that AP can help you? (I don't kill people for free, tho).

On the subject of food, I wish I knew how to cook more than I do. At best I just buy stuff at the store and follow the generic recipes on some of the boxed stuff.

Today I went to the Maritime Museum in Greenwich, and really liked a lot that they had on display, and almost went to the Royal Observatory, but ran out of time, unfortunately.

And our study abroad group is having a contest. I have to find an obscure site of literary/historical significance, and I'm trying to brainstorm some ideas. I saw a statue on the mast of the Cutty Sark and wondered if it was a statue of a klabautermann, but nothing pops up on google that supports the idea, but I'm still searching.

Tomorrow we have a day trip to Oxford, so I'm excited to explore that.
    Last edited by Mr. Zoro; June 3rd, 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Is everything alright Nolus? Something that you need to talk about or any way that AP can help you? (I don't kill people for free, tho).
    Spoiler:
    I think I'm just a little overwhelmed with everything nowadays. Finals can be excruciating. It also doesn't help that I wish my brother wouldn't live here. And that I couldn't really talk with my love these past week or so, because he sleeps when I'm awake and is awake when I sleep (at night) (also, his internet is shitty). I feel lonely and he's like "just talk to the others" which I do, daily, but I still miss him. But I've might have gone too far? I don't know. I'm so confused and wish I could start this day over and haven't said those things... I can'T help but feel I've screwed up. I just... want it to be next week, Friday, so I can apoligize (hopefully in person) to him... and that we can talk finally. I fear I might've annoyed him and now he doesn't want me anymore?

I need to study...

Spoiler:
    I think I'm just a little overwhelmed with everything nowadays. Finals can be excruciating. It also doesn't help that I wish my brother wouldn't live here. And that I couldn't really talk with my love these past week or so, because he sleeps when I'm awake and is awake when I sleep (at night) (also, his internet is shitty). I feel lonely and he's like "just talk to the others" which I do, daily, but I still miss him. But I've might have gone too far? I don't know. I'm so confused and wish I could start this day over and haven't said those things... I can'T help but feel I've screwed up. I just... want it to be next week, Friday, so I can apoligize (hopefully in person) to him... and that we can talk finally. I fear I might've annoyed him and now he doesn't want me anymore?

I need to study...
    Oh Nolus, you're a Darling. I know life can sometimes be hard and pressure be awful but don't worry about it cause you'll always get out of it stronger of relieved. Sometimes things seem hard and we say things we regret but we can apologize and talk about it and reconcile, you just have to do it. Just don't be afraid to express that feeling. I'm sure he will understand and don't get disheartened; sometimes it can be a toll but i'm sure it will be worth it :3

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    That's true. It's just something that I've noticed in general about longer preparations, though: Brined poultry is so much better than just marinated. Stews, chilis, and slow cooker meals always seem to just come out so friggin' good, too. Dry aged beef > air chilled. I posted that thing about artichokes a little while back, too.
    Flavours do tend to become more complex and deep over time. Atleast in stews and such.

But i'm thinking that it'd be fun, once one masters (if there exists such a thing as mastery) the traditional ways, to try to cut corners and get those flavours done in a lesser amount of time. Like what measures could one take to simulate the taste of a slowly cooked ragu.

Sometimes I feel like I've become such a foodie that it's turned into a complex. When I cook for myself, I do it right, but if I don't have the motivation, I just won't do it at all. Like I'd rather starve than eat poorly prepared food.
    I tend to eat something easy and filling before i cook, and as you cook, you taste bits here and there through the tasting.

But, as i've surely noted before, i find the process of cooking to be much more intersting than eating.

Oh Nolus, you're a Darling. I know life can sometimes be hard and pressure be awful but don't worry about it cause you'll always get out of it stronger of relieved. Sometimes things seem hard and we say things we regret but we can apologize and talk about it and reconcile, you just have to do it. Just don't be afraid to express that feeling. I'm sure he will understand and don't get disheartened; sometimes it can be a toll but i'm sure it will be worth it :3
    I sure hope that's how it'll be... I'm so afraid right now that I've messed it up. I just hope he has the same feelings as I do.

I sure hope that's how it'll be... I'm so afraid right now that I've messed it up. I just hope he has the same feelings as I do.
    Well, just tell him. Communication will always be the best solution to a problem.

Except when chocolate cake i available.

Fuck, i love chocolate cake.

But i'm thinking that it'd be fun, once one masters (if there exists such a thing as mastery) the traditional ways, to try to cut corners and get those flavours done in a lesser amount of time. Like what measures could one take to simulate the taste of a slowly cooked ragu.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our very own real-life Komatsu!

Do pursue your dreams, wolfwood. And then tell me all of your secrets. (Livebearerface)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information