+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 2512

Thread: How was your Day 2 (general chat)

  1. #61
    Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I'll be perfectly honest here and say that i scroll by each and every attempt at world changing i see on FB.

    Which makes up like a third of my stream, or whatever it's called

    Well, i'm not attempting to change the world via FB but it kinda frustrates when everything in your timeline gets attention except the things that you really, really, care about.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  2. #62

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Taboo no this is How Was Your Day 7 or something.

    Unless we rebooted the franchise and this is The Amazing How Was Your Day Thread 2.

    Or something.

    ON-TOPIC:

    I melted. It's hot. So hot. Please submerge me in water.

  3. #63
    Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Taboo no this is How Was Your Day 7 or something.

    Unless we rebooted the franchise and this is The Amazing How Was Your Day Thread 2.

    Or something.

    ON-TOPIC:

    I melted. It's hot. So hot. Please submerge me in water.
    This is 90's gritty Reboot. Don't you see that we all have shoulder pads and are doing weird poses?
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  4. #64
    Still Trong Print Error's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Near London, UK

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Taboo no this is How Was Your Day 7 or something.

    Unless we rebooted the franchise and this is The Amazing How Was Your Day Thread 2.

    Or something.

    ON-TOPIC:

    I melted. It's hot. So hot. Please submerge me in water.
    There are lots of days, to be fair. They keep happening too. I BLAME YOU, NEARBY STAR.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I'll be perfectly honest here and say that i scroll by each and every attempt at world changing i see on FB.

    Which makes up like a third of my stream, or whatever it's called
    I think these things are important but Twitter seems a much better place for them. On Twitter, people interact or not, each from their own account to other accounts. On FB, you end up with your old German lecturer arguing with a friend from Livejournal and then someone you did poetry with joins in and everyone is shouting at each other in your front garden. If those debates get heated enough, they'll demand you pick a side, and bam, you lose a friend. FB doesn't do politics well.

    I'm not even going to entertain Tumblr.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

  5. #65
    Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    I lose friends in Facebook daily xD . Also, i don't like twitter because they always say it's superior argument-wise but then i see TT: #BeingHot #Kardashianhot #YOLO so...yeah. What i do is that i pick my facebook contacts carefully. Well, kinda. I fuckin hate the writers in my timeline.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  6. #66
    Still Trong Print Error's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Near London, UK

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    I lose friends in Facebook daily xD . Also, i don't like twitter because they always say it's superior argument-wise but then i see TT: #BeingHot #Kardashianhot #YOLO so...yeah. What i do is that i pick my facebook contacts carefully. Well, kinda. I fuckin hate the writers in my timeline.
    Twitter is really versatile though - on my TL I find people who use it in so many different ways. Twitter as a whole is pretty good for news too and things like it - I once tracked the whole flightpath of a military helicopter over UK airspace by looking at the time and locations of people who had tweeted about seeing it. Even if UK twitter gets annoyed when London gets a storm and everyone down here tweets about the thunder to one another.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

  7. #67
    Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    Twitter is really versatile though - on my TL I find people who use it in so many different ways. Twitter as a whole is pretty good for news too and things like it - I once tracked the whole flightpath of a military helicopter over UK airspace by looking at the time and locations of people who had tweeted about seeing it. Even if UK twitter gets annoyed when London gets a storm and everyone down here tweets about the thunder to one another.
    I'm just gonna unfollow everyone and follow TheGoddamnbatman. Seems like a reasonable choice.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  8. #68
    Hold the Mayo Epoida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in the New World

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I melted. It's hot. So hot. Please submerge me in water.
    Will a snowbank do?

  9. #69

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    On FB, you end up with your old German lecturer arguing with a friend from Livejournal and then someone you did poetry with joins in and everyone is shouting at each other in your front garden. If those debates get heated enough, they'll demand you pick a side, and bam, you lose a friend. FB doesn't do politics well.
    Dang, that actually sounds pretty interesting. Like one of those rap battles from history.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

  10. #70
    Still Trong Print Error's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Near London, UK

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Dang, that actually sounds pretty interesting. Like one of those rap battles from history.
    The rap between the Duke of Wellington and Napoleon will live on in the annals for all time.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

  11. #71

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Epoida View Post
    Will a snowbank do?
    brb booking flight to norway

  12. #72

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    It's been such a rare day. I'm kind of exactly in the midpoint between two completely different times in my life.

    Looking back, I had started this new home last year. A new place, finally economically independent to live on my own with my girlfriend. There was so much promise, and I remember assembling all my new furniture and filling my kitchen, everything being my own. Filled everything with memories, posters everywhere, lots of movies and games. It was the perfect home to rest in after work. And that's the other one, years spent in a school that drained everything of me, but while it was exhausting I was able to directly interact and impact the lives of hundreds of kids. Kids who hated me at first because I was enforcing rules but by the end wanted to stick around after school to share their accomplishments and ask about life. One time I even stayed afterschool for hours with kids just talking to them about life.

    All of this is coming to a close. I'm spending the last restful days at my place before beginning the process of packing up for a new move, and tomorrow marks a week now since I last had a classroom full of students to look after. After a year that started with the promise of a home and a committed relationship, I'm now ending it with the promise of adventure and new encounters. Soon I'll be moving to a completely new city with nothing certain except the support of some friends and family, to see what sort of things I can do and find in a completely different environment.

    So yea, it's definitely a weird day now because I'm so full of nostalgia and sadness for every great thing that happened here and everything that I dreamed of that never came to be. But at the same time, once I begin thinking about what's coming I can't help but feel excited about the prospect of taking a huge leap towards new things. It feels like one life ends and another one begins, and I'm currently in the transition period.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

  13. #73

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    One of our local swans was found murdered in its nest :(
    They knew it was a human's doing because it had its neck snapped.
    Our reservoir always has a pair of swans on it every year, so the community is very upset about this.

    It was much worse the last time this happened, though. A few years back, someone went to the reservoir with the clear intent of swan genocide.
    A whole fucking family of swans and signets was knifed and shot to death. Pure fucking evil.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  14. #74
    the answer is Spaghetti! zachri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In my body.

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Ooh new thread hello gov'nas.
    Been stressful but finished 1st year of uni two weeks ago, been getting the occasional migraine since, still awaiting marks and shit.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also referring to the last post of the last thread - I live on that stuff and I don't see anything wrong with it... until I see foreign food programs and I drown in drool.

    #SWAGLETON

  15. #75

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Yesterday was quite the pain in my ass with all the chaos going on at my job. Good god, do I need a vacation. -_-
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

  16. #76
    Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    It's been such a rare day. I'm kind of exactly in the midpoint between two completely different times in my life.

    Looking back, I had started this new home last year. A new place, finally economically independent to live on my own with my girlfriend. There was so much promise, and I remember assembling all my new furniture and filling my kitchen, everything being my own. Filled everything with memories, posters everywhere, lots of movies and games. It was the perfect home to rest in after work. And that's the other one, years spent in a school that drained everything of me, but while it was exhausting I was able to directly interact and impact the lives of hundreds of kids. Kids who hated me at first because I was enforcing rules but by the end wanted to stick around after school to share their accomplishments and ask about life. One time I even stayed afterschool for hours with kids just talking to them about life.

    All of this is coming to a close. I'm spending the last restful days at my place before beginning the process of packing up for a new move, and tomorrow marks a week now since I last had a classroom full of students to look after. After a year that started with the promise of a home and a committed relationship, I'm now ending it with the promise of adventure and new encounters. Soon I'll be moving to a completely new city with nothing certain except the support of some friends and family, to see what sort of things I can do and find in a completely different environment.

    So yea, it's definitely a weird day now because I'm so full of nostalgia and sadness for every great thing that happened here and everything that I dreamed of that never came to be. But at the same time, once I begin thinking about what's coming I can't help but feel excited about the prospect of taking a huge leap towards new things. It feels like one life ends and another one begins, and I'm currently in the transition period.
    Well Change will always bring new surprises and you'll see everything will go just great :3 Everything will go great.

    Also, a lot of people are teachers in AP. I could never do that! I don't know how i would gain the kids respect. I mean, years ago i had a plan that i would shiv the first one i saw so i would gain the respect of the others inmmediately (I mean, it works in the movies right?) but then my brother told me that's illegal so i'm drawing a blank there D:
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  17. #77

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    So after the easiest exam being really hard yesterday, the hardest exam was kind of easy today.

    Although on the first half of it I didn't do maybe 25% and got every question except one wrong by some dumb mistake or not answering what was asked ...

    So maybe I got 65% yesterday and 65% today. So I just need to ace my other two papers to get the top grade eh. I think I can ace electronics, maybe. And then there's maths ... so I'm not getting the top grade :(

  18. #78
    Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Almost back to full health now. RPGs lie when they get you back to full health after just one night's sleep. THEY LIE, I TELL YOU. Now i'm thinking if i should stay in or maybe try to go out. Maybe go buy some comics but i don't want to get caught by the rain. Decisions, decisions.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  19. #79
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    I'm working on only 3 hours of sleep right now. My own fault. Stayed up all night watching stupid vidoes on WSHH.

    What craziness.
    Everything's Eventual...


  20. #80

    Default Re: How was your Day 2

    Today, while trying to stop all my clothes from being covered in cat hair (a fluffy, molting cat) I put them in a sealed bag immediately after being cleaned. And yet they still end up covered in them. I just don't understand how.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts