+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 172 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General Zelda thread

Default Re: Zelda for Wii U

It's kind of stupid to call it a gender swap. All the Links are different, and they're only even consistently called "Link" as a reference point since you name your player. In Wind Waker you are just a descendant, so what stops a descendant from being female? That's the exact, EXACT same thing as it being a "new" character. Now if they're going to make the character design super similar whatever.

But an Impa backstory game? Sure why not. Or some Zelda-focused game. But I feel like those would tend to (hopefully) play a lot differently than the standard of a swordsman.

For the record I don't think the new game will have female Link.

You know what i just realized, the mysterious femme link isn't even carrying a sword. So yeah, this could even be a different story based in the Zelda universe that doesn't revolve around Link (or the femme Link character is a red herring second player *shrug*).

If I were a crazy person, I'd rather this be a game about Link and Malon's love child that just rides around in an open world setting doing menial farm tasks, delivering milk, and shooting raging chickens and a Luigi-lookalike.

Legend of Zelda: Grumpy Moon

If I had to guess, it's just beginning-of-the-game Link before getting his gear. But oh god please anything but a co-op Zelda game. Keep at least one of your franchises single-player.

calling it now - new character is the descendant of Link and Zelda from Skyward Sword, and the game is set the usual "100 years after" that game. but these are 100 zelda years, so now the world is fairly colonized despite there being like maybe a dozen female characters tops in SS. anyway, there's still a lot of World to discover, so you're going around on horseback to do that.

alternate theory - it's set far in the future from the other zelda games, so much so that a Highly Advanced Civilization arose and fell, but there's still all their old tech laying around and stuff, Laputa or Atlantis style. so you're fighting forgotten roving robots or whatever, and using old tech that hardly anyone even remembers how to use.

OR, you play as a trans-gendered hero who sets out on a quest to end cis-privilege, while simultaneously dealing with xer own feelings about hyulrean-privilege. have the bokoblins internalized the racism of the System? is the 1% truly responsible for all of Hyrule's woes, or can we blame the blase middle-class, as well? also, how can there even be a 1% when you can just fucking find money by cutting bushes? all these questions and more will be answered, in a stirring narrative that proves Link is "left" in more ways than just his handedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    It's kind of stupid to call it a gender swap. All the Links are different, and they're only even consistently called "Link" as a reference point since you name your player. In Wind Waker you are just a descendant, so what stops a descendant from being female? That's the exact, EXACT same thing as it being a "new" character. Now if they're going to make the character design super similar whatever.

But an Impa backstory game? Sure why not. Or some Zelda-focused game. But I feel like those would tend to (hopefully) play a lot differently than the standard of a swordsman.

For the record I don't think the new game will have female Link.
    Exactly this. To me it's like the whole avatar thing(the cartoon not the Cameron movie).
    Also agree on the likelihood of female Link happening. It just doesn't seem like a very Nintendo thing to do.
    -------------------------------------------------
    I was thinking the whole time about what this type of glossy cell shading reminds me off. Finally got it Gravity Rush!
    There is another title that I think also has very similar cell shading can't think of the name it's a capcom game.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; June 11th, 2014 at 04:44 AM.

I personally would not mind at all if this Link was somehow female, whatevs. I'm more curious on how "futuristic" this world will be.

Again, Aonuma has gone on record teasing that nobody ever explicitly said that was Link

So people have been pointing out that the bracers (arm gear) that "possibly Link" is wearing in the trailer are of Gerudo design. Compare the screenshots in the opening post to this:

Hidden:

Speculation runs rampant.

Interesting that this may not be Link afterall - I'm guessing he (or she? still betting on he, personally) has some sort of relation to Link, however. Still, the implications are interesting if that's not really Link...

Also, someone pointed out to me that Link (or whoever this is), does, in fact, have a sword; you can see it very briefly before he jumps off the horse, behind the futuristic arrow he pulls out. So there goes my theories regarding that...

Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

I'm not really seeing the sword (not that it really matters). Did someone screencap the frame?

Someone posted this in the comments at a Zelda fansite:
    Spoiler:

Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

Ah yeah that does look like a scabbard doesn't it.

It looks plain awesome... my desire for a Wii U is rising

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    It looks plain awesome... my desire for a Wii U is rising
    Yeah mine as well.
    I knew the moment Nintendo announced the WiiU that I want the console when they announce the new Zelda. It's always like that.
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Aonuma denies the female link rumour. Says he was just teasing and his comment was taken out of context

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/12...s-all-in-jest/

Hopefully, that's not surprising to too many people.

His response was still really vague and apparently he likes the conversation around the issue lol.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Dude's got to get his jollies somewhere. He's probably burnt out from making nothing but zelda for 15 years.

Default Re: General Zelda thread

Sorry everybody, but this post is a rant from a nobody in this forum, so you are free to ignore it.

Am I such a weirdo to think that be mute, wear a green tunic, be a hero, an archer, a swordperson and an elf are more defining characteristics of Link than his gender? Link has a minimum or no personality in most LoZ games, a total blank slate for the player, and unless it is a direct sequel, he isn't even the same person. Am I the only to think that would be interesting to make some of these different from game to game?

I know the majority of the posters here were okay with the ideia of a femLink, unlikely as it was, but in the link black-leg lex posted, people were relived that Aonuma apparently denied the rumors. And frankly reading that a customizable Link would be a no deal for some broke me. Nintendo has turned one of its characters in a weird animated statue in a recent game. Babies versions and adult versions race against each other. Is gender-bending them more strange than that?

Sorry for venting here.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Default Re: General Zelda thread

Quote Originally Posted by ncz347 View Post
    Sorry everybody, but this post is a rant from a nobody in this forum, so you are free to ignore it.

Am I such a weirdo to think that be mute, wear a green tunic, be a hero, an archer, a swordperson and an elf are more defining characteristics of Link than his gender? Link has a minimum or no personality in most LoZ games, a total blank slate for the player, and unless it is a direct sequel, he isn't even the same person. Am I the only to think that would be interesting to make some of these different from game to game?

I know the majority of the posters here were okay with the ideia of a femLink, unlikely as it was, but in the link black-leg lex posted, people were relived that Aonuma apparently denied the rumors. And frankly reading that a customizable Link would be a no deal for some broke me. Nintendo has turned one of its characters in a weird animated statue in a recent game. Babies versions and adult versions race against each other. Is gender-bending them more strange than that?

Sorry for venting here.
    It's mynintendonews, a garbage site with youtube level commenters

so probably just kids who don't want to play as a GURL

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information