+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 172 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: General Zelda thread

Last edited by ShinigamiKing; June 10th, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: Zelda for Wii U

definitely something to look forward to I can't wait
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

That looked beautiful, and I love the concept around it. Can't wait.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

that outfit link is wearing looks identical to Windwaker Link outset isalnd outfit
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Zelda + TES ? Two of my favorite series ever?
    Sign me up for a WiiU, when the game has been released.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    that outfit link is wearing looks identical to Windwaker Link outset isalnd outfit
    Minus the lobster :(

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Minus the lobster :(
    It's because there's no sea in this one (as far as we know), Foolio!

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

It looks fantastic, a world the size or scope of skyrim in zelda speaks volumes. And am i the only one who thinks link looks like ashitaka from princess mononoke?
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    It looks fantastic, a world the size or scope of skyrim in zelda speaks volumes. And am i the only one who thinks link looks like ashitaka from princess mononoke?
    Nope. Many people have made that comparison as well
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Is it just me or does that arrow seem oddly... tech-y?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    It's because there's no sea in this one (as far as we know), Foolio!
    Hey I'm just pointing out the difference. And it doesn't change the fact that the lobster was awesome.

Love the crisp, vibrant look of this game, absolutely beautiful. Guess I definitely have to get a Wii U, now. Zelda always sells the console for me.

a mood come alive.

Hey I'm just pointing out the difference. And it doesn't change the fact that the lobster was awesome.
    No arguments here, man.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

my dream for a zelda game has always been to be able to travel through a dense forest with no linear path, and this might be the one to deliver that
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

I can't wait to see more on this - most open-world Zelda so far, beautiful art style, and the return of Epona would've been enough to satisfy me already. Link's new design is pretty cool (first Zelda with no green tunic, possibly? At least not as the main outfit?), and the high-tech monster and arrow are definitely interesting - I'm guessing there's going to be some more futuristic elements to this one, which I'm totally cool with.

Interesting observation: Link doesn't seem to have a sword here. I'm guessing one of three things is going on with that:
    1. This will be the first Zelda where Link doesn't have a sword: the bow is instead the main weapon.
    2. Link will get a sword, but not at first: the footage is of earlier in the game, where Link has a bow but no sword yet (could also explain the lack of the green tunic?)
    or
    3. Link has a high-tech sword this time around (much like the arrow he used here), and Nintendo just doesn't want to show it yet.

Regardless, I'm pumped.

Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

I'm curious exactly what they mean by open world. Because so far all I really heard is big world. If you can do dungeons in any order that's kind of cool. I enjoyed the hell out of A Link Between Worlds where that was the case. But at the same time it does detract some of the mystery of the world with places you can't reach without different items (I hope they don't do an item rental type system this time). And it's frustrating to have everything be more or less the same length/difficulty (read: easy) because of the ability to tackle in any order. It'd be cool if they still had a difficulty curve, like the first game, so that you CAN go to later areas early if you're prepared to get owned.

Even tho I played Link's Awakening just recently, but I'm kind of hoping for a 3D Zelda game with dungeons and a nicely condensed but large overworld like it. I felt that game really did a good job at balancing puzzles, combat and exploration.

But yes. This game is looking pretty, even tho it's tech demo more than anything.

I'm curious exactly what they mean by open world. Because so far all I really heard is big world. If you can do dungeons in any order that's kind of cool. I enjoyed the hell out of A Link Between Worlds where that was the case. But at the same time it does detract some of the mystery of the world with places you can't reach without different items (I hope they don't do an item rental type system this time). And it's frustrating to have everything be more or less the same length/difficulty (read: easy) because of the ability to tackle in any order. It'd be cool if they still had a difficulty curve, like the first game, so that you CAN go to later areas early if you're prepared to get owned.
    You can do them in any order. He mentioned at some point that htere are various ways to get to places. So sounds like you coudl get to a dungeon by using say hookshot, or instead using a bomb, ect. And since different ways of gettingto places, it shoudl sufface to say that you could go to them in different orders.

Well the problem is dungeon puzzles also should utilize the items for various puzzles etc, to maximize their effectiveness. So being able to COMPLETE dungeons in any order (maybe not get to them?) kind of undermines that, unless they completely change how items work. But also the difficulty curve thing. Or hell, maybe there won't even BE dungeons, but that would make me super sad.

Aonuma commented that nobody ever explicitly said the character shown was Link. What a tease

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information