Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 APCT First Round: The Red Wedding Discussion Thread.

Default Re: What will eventually be the First Round Discussion Thread.

Oh cool. Everybody better vote for Shiliew otherwise bad things will happen.

I'll kill Rob and take his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by dailyfiber View Post

One of the more aggressive campaign strategies I've seen but I'll be damned if it isn't a strong start.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I read them as unrelated thoughts:

--Vote for Shiliew or else.
    --Also, I'm going to kill Rob and take is powers.

So hey I'm pretty excited since this is my first tournament, but how does this work exactly? We campaign for our nominations, I think, then everyone votes?
    Well, people vote whenever (as soon as the match starts or later in the match) and they can wait for campaigns or not. Campaigns are just used to sway people on the fence to come to their side, and sometimes if the campaign is good enough they can even encourage people who were on the other side of the fence to come to their side.

Seeing your recent join date I can tell you, you won't be able to vote right off the bat or at all during this tournament. This is to prevent people from making multiple new accounts just to vote on a tourney or in other words cheat. Your lack of a right to vote also encourages participation because you'll get voting privileges eventually.

You can still campaign, root your heart out and discuss any character and match though. It's just that because of your recent join date you won't be able to vote for some time or at all during this tourney. Don't let that discourage you though. There's still tons of fun to be had in campaigning and I know it's fairly easy to earn the right to vote.

Welcome to AP and have fun.
    Everything's Eventual...

Ooh look at all those people I get to kill in order to avenge Rob's death! And I'll take all of their cars. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Well, people vote whenever (as soon as the match starts or later in the match) and they can wait for campaigns or not. Campaigns are just used to sway people on the fence to come to their side, and sometimes if the campaign is good enough they can even encourage people who were on the other side of the fence to come to their side.

Seeing your recent join date I can tell you, you won't be able to vote right off the bat or at all during this tournament. This is to prevent people from making multiple new accounts just to vote on a tourney or in other words cheat. Your lack of a right to vote also encourages participation because depending on your participation a tourney moderator might grant you the power to vote.

You can still campaign, root your heart out and discuss any character and match though. It's just that because of your recent join date you won't be able to vote for some time or at all during this tourney. Don't let that discourage you though. There's still tons of fun to be had in campaigning and I know it's fairly easy to earn the right to vote.

Welcome to AP and have fun.
    Thanks! Already figured about the voting, I don't mind. I'll campaign anyway, it'll be fun.

Then ill kill Rob, for good measure, and accept my ascension into modhood.

If Rob ensures that there won't be a broken poll yet again on certain match, I can protect him from death.
    Then, all cars are mine. Just like everything else.
    And also this is Nami year. It was predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Seeing your recent join date I can tell you, you won't be able to vote right off the bat or at all during this tournament. This is to prevent people from making multiple new accounts just to vote on a tourney or in other words cheat. Your lack of a right to vote also encourages participation because depending on your participation a tourney moderator might grant you the power to vote.
    This isn't how it works ...

If you post a bit, especially if you campaign, you'll easily have posted enough to unlock your vote rights. A lot of people have done it in the past. I think when I first started posting here regularly, it was during a tournament, and I had no vote rights for a good few matches.

It doesn't take that long to get them, and it's not a result of special consideration/intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Predator View Post
    If Rob ensures that there won't be a broken poll yet again on certain match, I can protect him from death.
    Then, all cars are mine. Just like everything else.
    And also this is Nami year. It was predicted.
    Your car I will set on fire after seeing this cocky comment. :>

Speaking of polls; has the mod team come up with a permanent and efficient solution for possible ties? Or will it be like last year's with the addition that those deliberately shooting for a tie will be presented as a gift to the almighty admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Your car I will set on fire after seeing this cocky comment. :>

Speaking of polls; has the mod team come up with a permanent and efficient solution for possible ties? Or will it be like last year's with the addition that those deliberately shooting for a tie will be presented as a gift to the almighty admins.
    Joke's on you, I don't have a car. Yet. But you can set one on fire after I grab them all.

I have better solution for ties. In case of a tie, both character are replaced with Owlfish who then proceeds to fight in next stages (possibly multiplying).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    You have ALL of my votes. And unfaltering loyalty.

Man, I feel like Whitebeard during Marineford.

If somebody gets tricked into stabbing me, I'm not going to be a happy Zilla.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Shipmate

While you all go after Robzilla's car, the rest of the team is finishing the preparations needed for the real champion to get the balls rolling.

Distractions like this are the cornerstone of APCT PR.

Don't screw with us, crafty people. Together, we can create champions out of thin air and kick all of the balls.

Spoiler:

...Besides, the car isn't even that good, is it?

This isn't Silverblade's first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    My prediction for the final:

Pagaya vs Señor Pink

Señor Pink beats Bon Kurei in the semis, finally taking his place as the manliest character in OP, and Pagaya destroys The Hiking Bear.

Not sure who will win, but it´s a match up that will dignify the final.
    God YES please everyone let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    MUDA, I have evidence of Pagaya´s superiority to LePants

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    MUDA, I have evidence of Pagaya´s superiority to LePants
    Even Speedwagon is afraid! God I love Jojo's

Ah, Wacky Races. What a fantastic way to get my vote...

Thread Information