+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: General Kingdom Hearts Thread

I looked better in Gen V Kazhar's Avatar

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I kind of hate KH's story with the passion of 1000 burning suns, so I doubt I'd be playing them for that. Give good boss battles, and you have a good KH game. I'm hoping for open world exploring and platforming too, but even that I've given up on that now.
    Well, KH3D had some platforming and less linearity previous titles so maybe not all hopes are lost.

3DS Friend Code : 3222 - 6913 - 3431

Yeah, it's kinda alarming to think most of us were quite young when the last numbered Kingdom Hearts came out. I was 15 when II released.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda alarming to think most of us were quite young when the last numbered Kingdom Hearts came out. I was 15 when II released.
    My god... was I actually only 13 when II was released? Wow, time does fly.

Christ, I was just out of high school when that game came out.

Another thing I'd love but very unlikely to happen: Devil and Max Devlin world. When you die, you don't get a game over, you end up in hell where Bill Cosby offers you a chance to pick up where you left off with full health in exchange for tracking down three Disney-specific NPCs and tricking them into selling their hearts and becoming heartless.

I was 12 when Kingdom Hearts 1 came out. I was 16 when Kingdom Hearts 2 was released. I'm 23 now, about to be 24... I might end up playing Kingdom Hearts 3 in my mid to late 20s. Kingdom Hearts to me is the equivalent of One Piece in this respect. It's something that will live with you all the way into you adult years.

es aquí por un tiempo~

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Kingdom Hearts was the first game I owned on my PS2, and it's probably my favourite video game series of all time... I'm surprised to hear that there will be more info coming on KH3 and FFXV at TGS too... Thought we'd be in the dark for another year or so, guess that's a good sign that FFXV will come out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomkey View Post
    Kingdom Hearts was the first game I owned on my PS2, and it's probably my favourite video game series of all time... I'm surprised to hear that there will be more info coming on KH3 and FFXV at TGS too... Thought we'd be in the dark for another year or so, guess that's a good sign that FFXV will come out next year.
    What is TGS?

por favor responder a mi pregunta~

I was 9-10 when KH2 came out.
    What I wanna see is Marvel and Star Wars and Tangled.

Quote Originally Posted by 1PceXperience View Post
    What is TGS?

Tokyo Game Show.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    I was 9-10 when KH2 came out.
    What I wanna see is Marvel and Star Wars and Tangled.
    It sucks that Sony has the rights to Spiderman. I feel that Sora and Peter Parker would mesh really well.

serían amigos~

Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post
    Tokyo Game Show.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 1PceXperience View Post
    What is TGS?

Yeah it's Tokyo Game Show, happening on September 19th-22nd this year.

Kingdom Hearts 1 was many things for me.

- It was the first game I actively wanted to buy on release (but the truth behind this was merely because the TV commercial showed the Nightmare Before Christmas world, that's been my favorite movie since I was 4).
    - It was the game that showed me that video games really could be more, before that video games were just something I'd play for a tiny bit if there was nothing on TV, a time waster, nothing more.
    - It sequel was the first game I actively read up on constantly years before release and anticipated.

I really didn't like Birth by Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance isn't standing out for me so far... but love it or hate it Kingdom Hearts is pretty much the reason I'm a gamer today.

I was 8 years old when Kingdom Hearts 2 got released here in Denmark, and i now think that its one of the (Playstation) games that i have played the most. And damn i cant wait for a new main game in the series. But i just feel sad because i know that i will not have the money for a ps4 in the next many years.

KH1 would always remain the best one for me. It was just a lighthearted adventure within Disney worlds, and the challenge was surprisingly great. My favorite moments were the Hallow Bastion events. To this day, no other KH game has topped those moments.

KH2 was horrible for me because instead of a lighthearted adventure with epic moments, I was given an angsty teen plot that tried waaaay toooo hard to be deep and needlessly convoluted with a heavy amount of forced symbolism. Organization Xiii, the lame pointless emphasis on Sea Salt Ice Creme, repeating of the "oh-so-symbolic" sunset scene(in that one town), and god. KH really tried to be something bigger than it originally was, an I can't for my life eat any of this game's bs attempt at "deep" storytelling.

The game would have been saved if there was challenging gameplay and mind inducing boss fights like the first game, but sadly enough all of that was reserved to the Final Mix version >_> If we get this version of the game, I might as well change my whole opinion of KH2 because on its own, I didn't get any sense of satisfaction playing it.

BBS oddly enough restored my faith for the games. Proud Mode actually felt a bit challenging because the three main characters were balanced in abilities and weren't nowhere near as overpowered as Sora in the 2nd game. And the optional bosses were actually hard to defeat(well, without a cheap setup). It was also VERY nice that OrgXii wasn't prevalent for 90% of the game, and the story (while a bit typical) had quite a bit of light hearted moments and moments I felt actually made the characters grow. Along with the Disney stages, it was a decent game. I just wished they made it for the PS3 instead, because the frame-rate issues are somewhat nasty.

As for the other handheld, I don't really give a crap about them(I might get the 3DS version when I get one). I just want KH3 already.
    Last edited by Hiroy; June 13th, 2013 at 02:14 AM.

I looked better in Gen V Kazhar's Avatar

I agree with everything in the post above. Except the "lighthearted" part. I thought Kingdom Hearts 1 and COM were the darkest ones.

3DS Friend Code : 3222 - 6913 - 3431

They did say "darkness" a whole lot, so yeah.

Dark game.
    Last edited by Hiroy; June 13th, 2013 at 02:22 AM.

In the grim dark worlds of Kingdom Hearts, there is only grim darkness, dark grimness and shipping.

Horrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I still think Birth by sleep had the most darkness lines in it. I'm pretty sure every single line of Terra dialogue was something akin to "Blah blah DARKNESS, Ventus?...darkness no light darkness. Heart? Keyblade warrior"

It's a shame that it made me skip most of his cutscenes because I thought his gameplay was the most fun of the three. If the writing is at least as fun and light hearted (hue hue) As Aqua'sdialogue, then Kingdom Hearts 3 should be fine. I'm mainly just looking forward to having Sora, Goofy and DOLAN back together again.

A lot of people are wanting a Marvel and Star Wars world now that Disney owns them, me... I'm not so sure. Star Wars would work, but I feel any form of Marvel world would be... pretty boring. After all, Marvel is a realistic world/universe just filled with unrealistic shit.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

- Nomura feels they announced the game too early. So yeah, don't expect the game for awhile.
    - The reveal trailer wasn't running on either PS4 or Xbone, but rather a high-end PC. It's the quality they want to achieve for the consoles.
    - Different worlds will feature different shading effects.
    - It'll be a party of three but instead of having to trade out one of the two AI companions for a world-centric companion they merely join alongside your established party.
    - Both enemy and partner AI has improved and will coordinate with eachother.
    - "Online features" being experimented with.
    - More reveals at the Tokyo Game Show and a Disney Japan Expo in October.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12...rent-progress/

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    A lot of people are wanting a Marvel and Star Wars world now that Disney owns them, me... I'm not so sure. Star Wars would work, but I feel any form of Marvel world would be... pretty boring. After all, Marvel is a realistic world/universe just filled with unrealistic shit.
    Pirates of the Caribbean is realistic too and they made it work
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information