+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread: General Kingdom Hearts Thread

Default Re: General Kingdom Hearts Thread

um, guys, I PLAYED THESE GAMES AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

To understand Kingdom Hearts lore/plot, first master sweeping.

When you have mastered sweeping, you must master the way of drawing water. Once you have learned how to draw water, you must split wood. Once you have split wood, you must learn the arts of finding the fine herbs in the forest, the arts of writing, the arts of paper making, and poetry writing. You must become familiar with the awl and the pen in equal measure. When you have mastered all these things you must master building a house.

Once your house is built, you have no further need for Kingdom Hearts lore/plot.
    Last edited by y2kyle89; June 12th, 2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: His name will be Kill Six Billion Xehanorts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Escentially, Xehanort's pieces have been trying to get kingdom hearts, the core of the universe or the origin of souls (the game says hearts, but metaphisically they are souls) or some shit, and become omnipotent/whole/destroyer of everything

The first experiment was collecting 7 princesses of light to open a door to the thing
    Second experiment was collecting an unhealthy ammount of released hearts to make an artificial one
    The first canonical experiment (birth by sleep) was by making pure light, and pure darkness clash and generate the actual key of the realm of the damned thing
    The experiment expected here is a combination of v1 and v0, gather 7 lights and 13 darknesses and make them fight to get to the thing. His method of getting darknesses is to either gather his alternate selves and pieces, or incept his pieces on his former minions.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

With the exception of DDD, which is a complete shitshow and ruins everything, every KH game is pretty easy to understand.

I'm playing DDD and so far am not enjoying it that much. Maybe it's because I still haven't gotten out of Twilight Town, which is fucking boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I'm playing DDD and so far am not enjoying it that much. Maybe it's because I still haven't gotten out of Twilight Town, which is fucking boring.
    Traverse Town, you mean?

Whoops. Yeah. That.

Quote Originally Posted by Passiopi View Post
    Lol as a fan of the series as you claim yourself you should actually play all of them to understand at least the basics.
    Tone it down with the self-satisfied "True Fan" attitude. Opting to focus on the mainline games in a series is a perfectly valid approach, especially for a self-proclaimed more casual fan like Supernova. You shouldn't need to play all the nonnumbered pre/inter/sequels to keep track of the main plot.

A non-comprehensive list of things that'll be alien to people who just played KH I and II:
    - Who is Xehanort?
    - Why are there so many Xehanorts?
    - Who is Aqua, Ven, Terra and Vanitas?
    - What is the Chi-blade?
    - Who is Xion?
    - Why is everyone alive again?
    - What is the deal with 13 darknesses and 7 lights?

I'd call BBS a main line game, even if not numbered. I'd guess that they will explain again the DDD mess in III
    SW-4128-8032-0729

BBS is absolutely crucial, yet it is also something you've only played if you own a PSP or bought the confusingly titled "2.5 HD remix", which is not simply a HD update of KHII with extra content. It is also a game that barely features the main characters of the preceding titles, and which is the fourth release, yet the first in the chronology. Its totally fair for more casual fans to pass it by; In any other series but Kingdom hearts, it would never be "required reading".

BBS (and 2.8) are currently the only KH games I haven't played.

The only thing that sucks is that while my brother has an Xbone for KH3, it'd be really sweet to buy 2.5 ReMix....which is PS3/4 only.

I was this close of going full "I'm playing all kh again" last week, if it wasn't because DDD is not available online, I'd be all over that.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I don't have DDD anymore, but I did beat it on the 3DS. It was pretty fun, but the story made me want to hit my head with a coconut.

And I don't just mean all the time travel nonsense, I'm personally really bothered with the Musketeer world, like it's fun but conceptually, it makes no sense to me. So....France became Disney?? Alternate versions of Donald, Goofy, and Mickey exist? If Donald and Goofy went with Sora to that world, would there be some kind of temporal paradox?

I blame back to the future. There are no such thing as temporal paradoxes (paradoxii?) unless the author specifically states it. Time travel isn't a thing, when it shows up you need to establish the rules on it, and defaulting to back to the future is a mistake.

Default to futurama instead.

Besides, aren't those like "dream" worlds? The worlds and memories of worlds destroyed by heartless that didn't restore themselves by virtue of plot like the lion king and beauty and the beast?

Speaking of convoluted:

https://twitter.com/xoxobouma/status/1006739327420805120
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:

I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Aqua: At last...Walt's will...His Magic Kingdom...is complete. Somewhere out there, I know he's laughing. We are rodents, drawn by a man. Unless the light is put out, the DARKNESS cannot be erased. So long as there is light, erasing DARKNESS will do no good. GASP. I...am Oswald's doppelganger. And you are his. Just like Walt. You're...pretty good!

And here I thought Aqua was already Liquid

Derp .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    And here I thought Aqua was already Liquid
    I am mad at how much this amuses me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information