ah, fellow just a pancake fans

Default Re: General Kingdom Hearts Thread

"My name spelled backwards is Disney"

-Yen Sid

Hidden:

Wouldn't be doing my part if I didn't provide a link to Yahtzee's review

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/...gdom-hearts-3/

The part where he replicates KH dialogue is golden.

The Ultima weapon in this game is so broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    The Ultima weapon in this game is so broken.
    For real. With it, Dark Inferno was nothing. Not to mention the Golden Gummiship.

Anyway, getting very close to finishing my completionist run. Just gotta complete the Synthesis list and get high scores in some of the mini-games.

I'm going to break rule π of bleach (when where you under the impression that the rules had to be rational numbers?) and think things more than Nomura did, the nature of the NEW Org XIII

This is all asuming bullshit, as in I know Nomura didn't think this through enough, I'm looking for an internal reason, not a logical reason.

Spoiler:

In DDD we were told that the objective of the Org was to create 13 Xehanorts, but then it turns out that with 13 darknesses was enough, ok, I can get behind this, as only 3 and a half of the lights were Soras (in the "let's bully Saix and Kairi" battle, Xion and Roxas say that they take over Kairi and Axel), and every one of the darknesess died or got purified, except Master Xehanort.

The list of things that confuse me are:

How many of them are time displaced? Time travel fallout, but who of them are the real deal, and who of them are just a heart (or a nobody escence, somehow) placed into a replica?
    For sure real:
    Saix (returned with memories of his last death)
    Vexen (required to bring the others from the past)
    Xigbar (secret ending and plot reasons)

Likely real:
    Demyx
    Luxord
    Marluxia
    Larxene

Replica, but not certain of time displacement:
    Xion (???)
    Dark Repliku (same savefile, different body)

For sure time displaced:
    Young Xehanort
    Ansem SoD
    Xemnas
    Vanitas

Too confusing:
    Either Master Xehanort or Terranort, at least one is time displaced. The defeat of Ansem SoD and Xemnas should have revived Terranort, but the game states that it produced Master Xehanort, somehow. If Roxas' creation was confusing Terranort is so as well.

But after overthinking it, the order of events could lead to this is:
    - Master Xehanort stabs himself, his heart goes into Terra's body before forming a heartless, and his Nobody is irrelevant, probably destroyed during BBS and the end of KHII.
    - The Guardian, that is Terra's heartless is created, without creating a Nobody, as his heart was keept by Master Xehanort, the guardian is tied to Master Xehanort's heart, as it always shows up with him
    - Amnesia, Timeskip, Experiments, random girl, DARKNESS, the day of the end of Radiant Garden. Xemnas is created out of Terra's body, but Ansem SoD is created out of Master Xehanort's heart, and has the Guardian
    - When Ansem SoD is defeated, the guardian wasn't destroyed? If the guardians are destroyed then things get hairy, as there would be multiple Terra hearts around.
    - So when Xemnas is defeated, and his artificial Kingdom Hearts gets undone, then the catalyst for Master Xehanort's revival is triggered, but as there is a body of his stored somewhere, the misterious Kingdom Body where destroyed bodies go to wait for their hearts I guess, so Ansem's heart instead of going to Xemnas (Terra's) body, goes to his wrinkly old self?

This is all without taking into consideration Eraqus's heart, as it seems to follow Ventus's heart rule, and stayed with Xemnas? As if it was unlocked with Terra, it would have produced his Namine, or became a heartless as well.

Taking things at face value mean that there might be another Terra around somewhere, depending on how many guardians were destroyed, as there might still be a "Xemnas body" at "Kingdom Bodies"

With Sora's "Special case" we have the distinction that Kairi's plot magic made him a body, and Ven's heart stayed with Roxas for that year, but then, if that body still had a heart, why does it vanish? And whenever someone unlocks their heart, it unlocks a random number of them.

Who is the 13th member? in DDD they tried to Nort Sora but that failed, so they had to look for another, the game implies that it's either Dark Repliku or Xion, but they say explicitelly it's Terranort when they find him, but: in order for the time displaced members to be here they had to use the replicas, so they had already Xion and Dark Repliku ready, and Terranort would be a priority to get in here, as he's the Nortiest of them all, but then Larxene didn't seem to know that Demyx and Luxord were back in, but even with those, she still thinks that they are missing one, or more, as she learned in that cutscene that Demyx got benched. They might have meet with the robes and be confused to who is who, but then there are 15 darknesses, for 13 slots, so that means that they got the last 3 between DDD and III. My guess is that it was precisely Xion, Dark Repliku and Demyx himself, going straight to the bench.

Jiminy's journal just shows them in plot relevance order, as in first the Xehanort core, then Vanitas, Repliku, and then the Nobodies, in their old order number. And we stablished that Larxene can't be the last one.

While this is a vapid meaningless rant, it is fun to get lost in this bullshit. Like, "Here's another reason why it doesn't make sense!", after growing up it brings me joy rather than annoyance.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So I just platinumed KH3, first game I've done so for in quite some time. And with that, I'd say I'm done with it. The only thing I wish I could've done was get an A rank on the Schwarzgeist fight, but I have no interest in building my own gummiship and finding the right combination of blocks that will allow me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So I just platinumed KH3, first game I've done so for in quite some time. And with that, I'd say I'm done with it. The only thing I wish I could've done was get an A rank on the Schwarzgeist fight, but I have no interest in building my own gummiship and finding the right combination of blocks that will allow me to do so.
    Just use the golden highwind ship they gave you for obtaining B rank. The trick to get A rank is simply destroying enough of its ships

Question regarding the plot of this game:
    Xehanorts scheme requires X amount of Darknesses to fight Y amount of Lights. Since the heroes know this, a simple strategy would be to just...not do that, or at least skew the equation by only having 6 lights, or recruiting two more or whatever. How does the game get around that? I'm assuming the Xehanort brigade is deliberately trying to force The Good Guys hand by creating situations where they need to fight, but does that then mean that 95% of this game is a KHII/ Bleach-esque deal where you're playing to the villains tune until the very, very end?

Honestly I'm not even sure what the plot to this thing is supposed to be; is it just to try and unbalance Xehanorts endgame equation? Or do you just faff about until "Well, guess its time for the final Org XIII battles then"?

The princesess. If they don't bring 7 then he just goes and kills Rapunzel or Elsa or Anna, or whomever the other 3 end up being until he makes up the difference. If you hide them, then aparently there is a new set every 2 years or something, as somehow darkness (or dick) got into the other princesess to not be elegible.

They also can't wait too much as the more they wait, the Nortier the enemy gets, and harder to beat.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

What were the spoiler members doing during the game? Probably stalking Tiana, Vanelope or Moana.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Ok, but I'm assuming you spend the Disney Levels saving said princesses? If you beat off Organization XIIIs advances on them, how does that further Xehanorts schemes? Is it enough that random members of the two teams trade blows occasionally? I thought it had to be some sort of big battle royale thing for the scheme to work.

I know the games have a bad track record of integrating the Disney Worlds meaningfully, but another way of phrasing my confusion regarding this games plot is: is there anything that really changes between the games start and climax beyond members being picked off/added to either team? You start off knowing Xehanorts plan (the same one as in prior games), and end the game foiling said plan. That just sounds...so unexciting. That barely sounds like a story at all.
    Last edited by Daz; February 18th, 2019 at 05:08 AM.

Considering that he had the fragment keyblades after each "clash" even when some of the clashes ended in defections instead of murders, I guess he could have filled up later.

Also, they went there, even interrupting the newbies training, once they were 7, without trying to get the 8th person who was almost ready, so it was just them playing along with the prophecy, without any reason.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Considering that he had the fragment keyblades after each "clash" even when some of the clashes ended in defections instead of murders, I guess he could have filled up later.
    "fragment Keyblades"? What are those now? Do you fill up the X blade gradually through one-on-one Light vs Dark matches now? And by the sound of it, there doesn't seem to be much urgency for the final battles - is there really no justification beyond "The Xehanort brigade keeps causing mischief, better take them down sooner rather than later"? It sounds like KH 2 all over again. Even Bleach, terrible as it was, managed to add some sort of looming tension to its final battles.

The duplicates of his keyblade he was getting on the final battle.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The duplicates of his keyblade he was getting on the final battle.
    Theres keyblade duplication now?? (I haven't played this game yet, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I'm just struggling to comprehend exactly what story is supposed to hook me on this conclusive game.)

The hook? Is that your keyblade becomes yoyos, hammers, a giant frying pan and a spear, among other things. The Bleach-lite wrapping is satisfactory, as I'm dancing around the parts that are actually good, just spoiling the bullshit.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Yeah, the hooks are disney, the combat, and the conclusion of this saga. It's all really stupid and you kind of have to be alright with that.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Theres keyblade duplication now?? (I haven't played this game yet, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I'm just struggling to comprehend exactly what story is supposed to hook me on this conclusive game.)
    Everytime a battle between the lights and darknesses happens at the end of the game, Master Xehanort gets a copy of his Keyblade until he gets thirteen. Basically trophies representing each of the 13 conflicts. Although it should be fourteen counting his Keyblade to begin with, but I bet it's still 13. And I'm guessing they all either summon Kingdom Hearts and/or combine into the x-Blade?

None of this is explained, it just looks cool from Nomura's perspective.

I'm not exaggerating when Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't even really so much Kingdom Hearts 3 but really playing through irrelevant but slightly amusing fanservicey Disney worlds for 90% of the game and then the final 10% is just Kingdom Hearts: Xehanort's Greatest Hits where you go through a string of boss battles that are all fused rehashes of previous fights in the series. The main story is delayed to practically nonexistence and is only focused on convoluting worldbuilding lore more and tying up loose end plotlines lazily in a boss rush of rematches. That's it.

Say whatever you want about the other Kingdom Hearts' stories, but at least they actually felt like full stories with a beginning, middle, and end throughout. This game feels more like a alternate epilogue anime OVA than an actual full built-up conclusion installment. Honestly, I bet Nomura actually got so excited for his plans after Kingdom Hearts 3 (which he slaps in your face during the game's final moments) that the process developing Kingdom Hearts 3 itself became a burdensome afterthought to him.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Question from a guy who's never played any of these games. At what point did this series' story go "off the rails?" I don't remember hearing any major criticism of the first game, KHII sounded more divisive than widely panned (at least from an outsider perspective), and most people I know say they liked Birth By Sleep's story well enough. Was it Dream Drop Distance?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information