+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

So I was talking about awakened devil fruits on another thread and it made me kind of think for a second about how, even though they were set up in Impel Down, we only officially got revealed the concept of awakened DFs on Dressrosa, which wasn't so long ago. One Piece has so, so many lingering mysteries, and a lot of these are threads that have huge scopes as large as the story itself. With so much still kept under wraps, it blows my mind that Oda managed to actually introduce a completely new twist to the DF formula in the form of awakened fruits that "late" into the story. I just wonder what he still hasn't shown us on top of the rest of the stuff we're already still in the dark about.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    I just wonder what he still hasn't shown us on top of the rest of the stuff we're already still in the dark about.
    I had a similar thought recently with regards to the Level 6 inmates being released after Blackbeard's invasion on Impel Down. Other than it being logical for inmates to escape because of Blackbeard's actions and for the sake of world building (dangerous pirates and the like are now roaming the new world), I look back retrospectively and wonder what he wants to do with them.

They probably aren't going to become arc villians as we are dealing with the Four Emperors now and anything less would be a downgrade.

Possible black market brokers perhaps or targets/allies of other Supernova?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDunns View Post
    I had a similar thought recently with regards to the Level 6 inmates being released after Blackbeard's invasion on Impel Down. Other than it being logical for inmates to escape because of Blackbeard's actions and for the sake of world building (dangerous pirates and the like are now roaming the new world), I look back retrospectively and wonder what he wants to do with them.

They probably aren't going to become arc villians as we are dealing with the Four Emperors now and anything less would be a downgrade.

Possible black market brokers perhaps or targets/allies of other Supernova?
    The original 5 Blackbeard Pirates are one of my favorite things ever in One Piece. They were built up so flawlessly ever since Drum and stole the show for me on Jaya. Up until that point we hadn't really seen a crew like that except back in East Blue so they stuck out even more. When I saw they got the new members I was floored. I think Shiryuu fits like a glove in the crew ever since Impel Down, but the rest are definitely pretty fitting too.

These guys are the ultimate villains of this story, which as I said has an insanely large scope. That just makes them have so much riding on them and so much to live up to. I think Oda will give them all proper due, there's no way he'd waste Blackbeard whose influence has been felt all the way back in the form of Shanks scar. I just hope he gives the rest of the crew their proper due, too. Especially the mysterious 10th member.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

So I totally forget about Caribou lol, with all the characters that are going to participate there, I simply forget 'bout that little shit, I wonder if he's gonna tell Kaido about Shirahoshi and how's that even going to play a role in Wano.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    So I totally forget about Caribou lol, with all the characters that are going to participate there, I simply forget 'bout that little shit, I wonder if he's gonna tell Kaido about Shirahoshi and how's that even going to play a role in Wano.
    More like potentially play a role at the reverie where Shirahoshi is going to show up in right after Totland.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    More like potentially play a role at the reverie where Shirahoshi is going to show up in right after Totland.
    what?? how?? last time we saw Caribou, he was taken 'prisoner' from X-Drake, who's with Kaido.

what?? how?? last time we saw Caribou, he was taken 'prisoner' from X-Drake, who's with Kaido.
    And if Caribou has spilled the beans to Kaido about Shirahoshi, then why exactly can't the Beast Pirates invade the Reverie? They're already established to be a savage crew who recklessly invades places to find an excuse to wreck everything. And Lafitte managed to sneak in to shill Blackbeard's potential for replacing Crocodile as a Warlord.

Sorry if you misunderstood me as saying that Caribou would show up at the Reverie. I was replying to the part about how the information would be relevant at Wano Country.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

And if Caribou has spilled the beans to Kaido about Shirahoshi, then why exactly can't the Beast Pirates invade the Reverie? They're already established to be a savage crew who recklessly invades places to find an excuse to wreck everything. And Lafitte managed to sneak in to shill Blackbeard's potential for replacing Crocodile as a Warlord.

Sorry if you misunderstood me as saying that Caribou would show up at the Reverie. I was replying to the part about how the information would be relevant at Wano Country.
    Oh I get it now, I was just thinking they'd go for her at Gyojin Island, but yeah, she's heading for the Reverie.
    well I guess Caribou will not speak at all, I mean, if he does, Kaido will go for her at any moment, he wouldn't wait for the Reverie to be over, but since Kaido needs to be now at Wano, there's no need for Caribou to say anything.
    Even tho, if Caribou is still there, he could probably plan a escape with Kidd or when the SH's arrive he'll see more chances to escape while Law and Zoro are wrecking shit.

Oh I get it now, I was just thinking they'd go for her at Gyojin Island, but yeah, she's heading for the Reverie.
    well I guess Caribou will not speak at all, I mean, if he does, Kaido will go for her at any moment, he wouldn't wait for the Reverie to be over, but since Kaido needs to be now at Wano, there's no need for Caribou to say anything.
    Even tho, if Caribou is still there, he could probably plan a escape with Kidd or when the SH's arrive he'll see more chances to escape while Law and Zoro are wrecking shit.
    Why can't he just send some of his crew to the Reverie instead of himself? He sent Jack to get Raizou and Doflamingo respectively.

Why can't he just send some of his crew to the Reverie instead of himself? He sent Jack to get Raizou and Doflamingo respectively.
    Not the same thing. Reverie should have the entire marine force there, like in the war with all those royals around. Too much for jack or whatever to handle, since he got defeated even by 3 marine ships.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Not the same thing. Reverie should have the entire marine force there, like in the war with all those royals around. Too much for jack or whatever to handle, since he got defeated even by 3 marine ships.
    I completely agree. But the Beast Pirates aren't exactly known for their willingness to exactly think things through in terms of the opposition. We can't forget how Kaido wanted to get into Marineford before Shanks intercepted him.

And I don't even think that Kaido himself showing up at the Reverie means he can't show up to Wano Country in time. Especially considering how he can most likely fly and we've seen him travel outside of Wano Country for the suicide attempt that got him to meet the Kid Alliance.

yeah but with the on going samurai-mink-pirate-ninja there, potentially Luffy's fleet,+Marco and Moria??, (Appo, X-Drake and Kid as wild cards), You'd expect most(if not all) of Kaido's forces at Wano to counter all the strength Luffy has gathered so far, I'm even expecting Jack to be back since he's alive and havent had a proper 1 vs 1 yet.
    and as Uniaka pointed out, there will be a considerable strength there at Reverie, at least Issho's presence is confirmed since he has an issue to talk about.

In the other hand, without simply dismissing your idea, the Zou arc was really short, like waaaay too short, supposedly Oda said this Totto Land arc won't last much??, right??, well the thing is, from one big boss(Doflamingo) to other big boss(Kaido), Zou and Whole Cake may not actually gather a considerable amount of time-story-telling to properly go right for next Big Boss. So a small, few-chapters Reverie arc, could actually happen between Totto Land and Wano(why not?), and would spice things a lot actually.

It is not relate to One Piece at, but worth to comment anyways:

Sorachi keeps Gintoki original here, don't goes to be dress as a Strawhat xD Really don't like each other.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it
    Even if something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

So what bounties are you guessing the strawhats will have wano after? I cant see anything less than some insane boosts for the crew that is probably going to be recognized as the main culprit for a Yonkous fall.
    Something like Luffy bounty doubling to 1bil, zoro 620, sanji 477, most strawhats getting at least 100mil increases.
    Last edited by Hajro; March 21st, 2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    So what bounties are you guessing the strawhats will have wano after? I cant see anything less than some insane boosts for the crew that is probably going to be recognized as the main culprit for a Yonkous fall.
    I see Luffy's bounty doubling to 1 Billion. It's the perfect type of round number that Oda likes to model Luffy's bounties. Some may say that is a bit disappointing since the Yonko's bounties are bound to be over that amount, but this does not mean that Luffy will become as strong as them even if he defeats Kaido. It'll likely be a teacup, and it would be too early in the story for Luffy to hit a ceiling in his strength growth like that.

Anybody else is a complete guess. Although I bet Zoro will go above 500,000,000. I'm also not sure if the Straw Hat Pirates will even get new bounties in the series after the raises they'll get at the end of Wano Country.

If Blackbeard goes to Wano the Strawhats might not even get public recognition from defeating Kaido.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

If Blackbeard goes to Wano the Strawhats might not even get public recognition from defeating Kaido.
    I actually argue that makes it even more likely. There's no way Oda can keep events as major as that under the wraps, let alone Kaido's defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Something like Luffy bounty doubling to 1bil, zoro 620, sanji 477, most strawhats getting at least 100mil increases.
    pretty much something like this, Luffy is the main lead after everyone let BB do his shit during these 2yrs, Zoro is soo much going to shine in Wano, I don't about the rest but I do want Sanji to have the third biggest bounty.

I would also like it if every Straw Hat got a bounty over 100,000,000 Beli. I'm curious about if Oda will finally give Chopper an accurate bounty after playing that gag for so long.

I actually argue that makes it even more likely. There's no way Oda can keep events as major as that under the wraps, let alone Kaido's defeat.
    Well I meant that Blackbeard would take credit for it. I have thought a couple of ways Blackbeard could be considered the pirate king without him going through ~stealing~ it from Luffy, or obtaining One Piece. He holds a public execution of all 3 other emperors.

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information