+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

So, I was rereading some Punk Hazard and I think it's entirely possible Brook can cut steel now. How do I make this assumption? Well, he defeated the little dragon, which was said to be tougher than the big one, which in turn seemed more enduring than a Pacifista. There's also a scene where the dragon crashed headfirst into a steel wall so hard the metal cracked and was completely unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger Time View Post
    So, I was rereading some Punk Hazard and I think it's entirely possible Brook can cut steel now. How do I make this assumption? Well, he defeated the little dragon, which was said to be tougher than the big one, which in turn seemed more enduring than a Pacifista. There's also a scene where the dragon crashed headfirst into a steel wall so hard the metal cracked and was completely unharmed.
    Don't know about cut, but Soul Solid may let him freeze it so it's fragile enough to shatter.

Brook knows the breath of all things, even though he has no lungs! Yohohohoho!

I've been thinking, why Luffy never got Lucci's name right ?

A notion I've had is that the Kidpookins might beat the Straw Hats to Big Mom. I mean, given Law's big speech about how ALL the new generation are shaking things up, it'd kinda suck if only the Straw Hats got to give the boot to the old guard, don't you think?

A notion I've had is that the Kidpookins might beat the Straw Hats to Big Mom. I mean, given Law's big speech about how ALL the new generation are shaking things up, it'd kinda suck if only the Straw Hats got to give the boot to the old guard, don't you think?
    Big Mom won't be offscreened.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Big Mom won't be offscreened.
    That would be a bit anticlimactic, but I think the three Captains might be able to take her down, particularly Apoo, whose ability seems particularly overpowered. I mean, he fatally wounded an Admiral! Or rather, would have if the Admiral hadn't been a Logia.

That would be a bit anticlimactic, but I think the three Captains might be able to take her down, particularly Apoo, whose ability seems particularly overpowered. I mean, he fatally wounded an Admiral! Or rather, would have if the Admiral hadn't been a Logia.
    You gotta remember that this is the Straw Hats's story. They will be involved, whether as main players or supporting actors.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    You gotta remember that this is the Straw Hats's story. They will be involved, whether as main players or supporting actors.
    My notion is the Kidpookins take down Big Mom, then the Straw Hats take down the Kidpookins.

My notion is the Kidpookins take down Big Mom, then the Straw Hats take down the Kidpookins.
    Or... how about they work together to take her down? That's the more likely scenario in Big Mom being taken down.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

They work together to take Big Mom down and then fight over the spoils.

Flying Blue Cat's Return Katzztar's Avatar

More like after they work together, Kidd gets ready to fight over the spoils while Luffy is all "Ehhh, it wasn't over the treasure, I wanted to kick her ass."

But what if she has meat candy?!

I think Kidd and company are supposed to be "the bad ones" of the Supernovae so I'm not sure Luffy would team up with them myself.

Also, Law should at some point make an Ener face upon discovering his powers don't work on Buggy.

Also, Law should at some point make an Ener face upon discovering his powers don't work on Buggy.
    Spoiler:

Closest to my opinion.
    1) Think Big Mom will be civil to the Straw Hats because: The long unresolved matter of who Rolling Lola's mother is. If it's Mom, Nami has a friend already.
    2) The Tea Ceremony: Before the Sunny Crew disappeared from Dressrosa we saw Momo practising a TEA CEREMONY. Also if Momo is an important figure from Wano, Mom may recognize him and stay her hand.
    3) Brook has a few links to tea himself, though more of the western style. He is also a famous musician and one who plays the more genteel violin. Perfect for an elegant cuppa.
    4) Big Mom likes sweets. Sanji cooks delicious sweets. If after finally seeing her he can stop crying.
    5) Chopper is a doctor. Big Mom has indigestion. He would naturally try to help with that.

I have the notion, based on Mom's reclining couch that she could be a Rokukurobi from Japanese myth, though her she may only be called a Snakeneck Tribe.
    With her cannibalizing 'crew' members and being shown her ship is a giant candy themed, and a least the prow is alive enough to resolve and sing.
    My notion is this great big ship is essentially run by living snacks & her top nakama.
    The power to bring baked goods to life will be hers.and obviously
    I think the Straw Hats will have an enjoyable time as 'guests' there until the Kidd alliance shows up, and then they'l be sidelined or fight alongside her.
    No other definite things present themselves except I hope mom recognizes Brook from his long ago career, and a Brook/ Apoo face off.

The story could go in many directions from here but those ones seem likely, funny and likely to resolve some things. With or without the box blowing out. l'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Tangaroa; January 14th, 2015 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaroa View Post
    Closest to my opinion.
    1) Think Big Mom will be civil to the Straw Hats because: The long unresolved matter of who Rolling Lola's mother is. If it's Mom, Nami has a friend already.
    2) The Tea Ceremony: Before the Sunny Crew disappeared from Dressrosa we saw Momo practising a TEA CEREMONY. Also if Momo is an important figure from Wano, Mom may recognize him and stay her hand.
    3) Brook has a few links to tea himself, though more of the western style. He is also a famous musician and one who plays the more genteel violin. Perfect for an elegant cuppa.
    4) Big Mom likes sweets. Sanji cooks delicious sweets. If after finally seeing her he can stop crying.
    5) Chopper is a doctor. Big Mom has indigestion. He would naturally try to help with that.

I have the notion, based on Mom's reclining couch that she could be a Rokukurobi from Japanese myth, though her she may only be called a Snakeneck Tribe.
    With her cannibalizing 'crew' members and being shown her ship is a giant candy themed, and a least the prow is alive enough to resolve and sing.
    My notion is this great big ship is essentially run by living snacks & her top nakama.
    The power to bring baked goods to life will be hers.and obviously
    I think the Straw Hats will have an enjoyable time as 'guests' there until the Kidd alliance shows up, and then they'l be sidelined or fight alongside her.
    No other definite things present themselves except I hope mom recognizes Brook from his long ago career, and a Brook/ Apoo face off.

The story could go in many directions from here but those ones seem likely, funny and likely to resolve some things. With or without the box blowing out. l'm looking forward to it.
    This is pretty close to what I have pictured it. I just wonder what they do with Ceasar.

It's possible she could be a snakeneck, but im pretty sure she is based on Onibaba. She and Nami will definedly have a lot in common, which might even lead to Nami making a deal with her.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Quote Originally Posted by Clessenur View Post
    This is pretty close to what I have pictured it. I just wonder what they do with Ceasar.

It's possible she could be a snakeneck, but im pretty sure she is based on Onibaba. She and Nami will definedly have a lot in common, which might even lead to Nami making a deal with her.
    Yeah I get the feeling Big Mom will be calling Nami, Namizou
    ;p hahahaha

I found it funny how "I was chase by Garp" became the phrase to be considered a tough guy from the old era.

It's kinda like killing a sea king or kicking a VA ass to tell "I'm strong".

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information