+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Don't know if this was pointed out already, but anyways.

For the longest time Den Den Mushi had the appearance of the person who was talking on the other end of the line, as if they were impersonating that person (say you were talking to your mom, the Den Den Mushi on your hand would have her appearance).

During WCI this suddenly changed and suddenly the Den Den Mushi had the appearance of the person holding them. A lot of people called out the sudden change, but other people argued it was like that and that the Den Den Mushi are actually customized after their owners (and the times it seemed like they were impersonating the person on the other side of the line it was just because it was their burrowed Den Den Mushi).

Now Oda is back to the old way. Last chapter we had Kawamatsu and Kin'emon talking and the Den Den Mushi Kawamatsu was using had Kin'emon appearance:

And before someone says it was a Den Den Mushi Kawamatsu borrowed from Kin'emon, one chapter before we actually saw the moment Queen's Den Den Mushi assumed Old Maid's appearance the moment the call connected:

So, I don't know. Unless WCI Den Den Mushi work differently from all the others from whatever reason, it looks like Oda is kinda lost there.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Don't know if this was pointed out already, but anyways.

For the longest time Den Den Mushi had the appearance of the person who was talking on the other end of the line, as if they were impersonating that person (say you were talking to your mom, the Den Den Mushi on your hand would have her appearance).

During WCI this suddenly changed and suddenly the Den Den Mushi had the appearance of the person holding them. A lot of people called out the sudden change, but other people argued it was like that and that the Den Den Mushi are actually customized after their owners (and the times it seemed like they were impersonating the person on the other side of the line it was just because it was their burrowed Den Den Mushi).

Now Oda is back to the old way. Last chapter we had Kawamatsu and Kin'emon talking and the Den Den Mushi Kawamatsu was using had Kin'emon appearance:
    https://i.postimg.cc/HWF9tXvQ/kawamon.png

And before someone says it was a Den Den Mushi Kawamatsu borrowed from Kin'emon, one chapter before we actually saw the moment Queen's Den Den Mushi assumed Old Maid's appearance the moment the call connected:
    https://i.postimg.cc/0ysGTxsj/oldqueen.png

So, I don't know. Unless WCI Den Den Mushi work differently from all the others from whatever reason, it looks like Oda is kinda lost there.
    I've had this same discussion so many times. I truly believe that the Den Den Mushi can copy appearance. I can be wrong and there's more to it, but even Kaido's Den Den Mushi looked like Linlin in Empty Throne (907). I addressed this in the Neolithic Revolution theory 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I've had this same discussion so many times. I truly believe that the Den Den Mushi can copy appearance. I can be wrong and there's more to it, but even Kaido's Den Den Mushi looked like Linlin in Empty Throne (907). I addressed this in the Neolithic Revolution theory 3 years ago.
    Yeah, but in those scenarios someone could always argue that Kaido had once Den Den Mushi specifically reserved for Linlin, so that's why it had her appearance. At least that's the sort of reasoning people resorted to during WCI to not concede Oda simply changed things halfway through.
    But on the Queen/Old Maid example we can literally see a Den Den Mushi changing its form to impersonate the person it is voicing, so there is no way around this one.

They've always mimicked the appearance of the person using them on the other end, Oda just flubbed it in Wano. I'm sure he can SBS a reason for it, but previously they've always changed.

Like, there is no plausible reason Crocodile would have had a snail that looked like Sanji. Or that the snail Luffy had when leaving Impel Down would look like Bon Kurei.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Hi guys, I think i figured out what the real meaning of Will of D is..let me know your opinions on this.

I will try to involve human history so bear with me a little.

Ever since the humans have ruled the planet, there has been a struggle to control the race. The best way to control would be to create laws and thereby order among people. The people who mostly created these laws did so to benefit themselves at the expense of taking away the freedom from the people.

Societies/Cultures are created to make sure we all follow some imagined order. Every single thing we do in our day to day life is Society telling us what to do as per its wishes. Societies/Government/Culture are always trying to impose rules on people which they don't want to follow. They are trying to take away the very basic desire we all feel. The feeling of Freedom. The feeling to live your life at your own way. This is the very feeling which is an enemy or those who created rules and want everyone to be subdue.

The people who have the will of D are exactly these people. Their desire for freedom is soo strong that they find it difficult to follow any rules. They will take any kind of risk to achieve this freedom to do things as they want. They live every single moment being free from the rules which everyone follows. This very act of not listening to the rules make them the enemy of any governed structure. This is why Luffy choose to be a pirate. He is the very representation of these people.

The Taoist knew that the world is structured around order and chaos. If the World Government represents Order then the people with Will of D are those who won't follow this order are thereby represented by Chaos. They refuse to follow any rules and hence get labeled as the enemy of of the Gods. Hence the phrase- D will always bring in a Storm/Chaos.

This is also why people Will of D die smiling because they have spent every single moment of their life with their own accords.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

I wonder if there are any toilets inside Bege.

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    I wonder if there are any toilets inside Bege.
    That should be a given, I just wonder how the plumbing and waste disposal works.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    That should be a given, I just wonder how the plumbing and waste disposal works.
    Luffy when he sees Bege's abilities: "Do you poop?"

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Just like everyone else's waste disposal works except that in Bege's case he has to pass more than just his own.

I know this is probably an Anime section comment, but this is a result of the Manga.

I noticed that the voice actors are getting quite old, just to give some examples, Luffy's is 64, Sabo's is 66, Akainu 58, Rogers voice actor passed away, albeit has a replacement but is 75 years old.

There have been a few passings, like Whitebeards, Kizaru, Zeffs VA. It's sad to see these iconic voices disappear and that time could be dawning on the voice actors of the Strawhats. I can see One Piece maybe finishing in around 10 years or maybe less, so we might see more pass away.

This has probably been addressed by someone in the past. But I think the reason why Marines think that people with Conquerors Haki are dangerous is due to the fact that they have the quality to become a king. One of those kings could be the Pirate Kings, so their goal is to eliminate those before they do become a King such as Ace.

Ace was really powerful and he probably had the power to become the Pirate King if he had lived for longer.

I was re-reading Big Mom's Elbaf flashback the other day and something struck me. The Solstice festival was one of those things that I didn't really think about for the longest time, but this time I realised that the fact that they celebrate it and keep talking about appreciating the sun means that it is very important for their culture. And that got me thinking how we already know the moon is important in the story (most notably because of Enel's space endeavours). So what if it's like:

Zou/Wano - arc of the Moon
    (Kozuki symbol being a reverse crescent moon; the Minks' Sulong forms)

Elbaf - arc of the Sun
    (Solstice, ???)

How this would actually come into play in the story, I wouldn't know. I just find it fascinating how these 2 arcs in the New World that we've been anticipating for a long time appear to have opposing symbols they attach significance to. We may not see that much of the sun besides some symbolism and imagery, but it's a fun thought experiment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information