+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

"Yami Yami" armor? I don't think "hardening" works with that ability.

Hardening covers your body and so does the darkness. Better CoA makes him less vulnerable when he's using his ability. I don't see how that's not complimenting it

Oh. I thought you meant using it in conjunction like Doflamingo.

Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    Remember the Holdem-looking guy who appeared in the recent flashback in chapter 961? Notice how he's wearing the same clothes and waving the same flag as Kurozumi Higurashi (the old granny). Not sure if there is a connection there, but I found it interesting and I wonder if those outfits represent something specific.
    classic Shrine Maiden purification/warding, Shamanistic/cursing motifs...Shinto mysticism in a nutshell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harae

https://omamorifromjapan.blogspot.co...yo-curses.html

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Hardening covers your body and so does the darkness. Better CoA makes him less vulnerable when he's using his ability. I don't see how that's not complimenting it
    How about covering it over invisible haki aura shielding? Really take on a warped appearance.

Could be a bunch of characters are going to be going all JoJo w/ Stand-like forms and such, at least in cases where df powers can provide a visual component and/or somebody with observation haki can perceive them. Might be Zoro's Asura was an early step in that direction, whatever its nature.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    classic Shrine Maiden purification/warding, Shamanistic/cursing motifs...Shinto mysticism in a nutshell.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...rSxeaMIuH9KpfQ

https://www.greenshinto.com/wp/wp-co...0-768x1024.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harae

https://omamorifromjapan.blogspot.co...yo-curses.html

How about covering it over invisible haki aura shielding? Really take on a warped appearance.

Could be a bunch of characters are going to be going all JoJo w/ Stand-like forms and such, at least in cases where df powers can provide a visual component and/or somebody with observation haki can perceive them. Might be Zoro's Asura was an early step in that direction, whatever its nature.
    Thanks. :)
    What is Oden saying to WB?
    Become my son Whitebeard.

Oda should use this as basis for the design to Teach's Yami Yami armor. He could use his hardening to compliment his ability
    https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/...0&h=600&crop=1
    Yeah, I don't think Oda has any other plans to the Yami Yami powers other than debuffing devil fruit abilities.

I may be wrong next years, but at least I will be surprised.

I wonder if we will even see "Asura" again. I never really understood it. Was it a power in Zoro or his Swords?

Blackbeard has two "devil fruits" he doesn't really need "armament" anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    I was re-reading Big Mom's Elbaf flashback the other day and something struck me. The Solstice festival was one of those things that I didn't really think about for the longest time, but this time I realised that the fact that they celebrate it and keep talking about appreciating the sun means that it is very important for their culture. And that got me thinking how we already know the moon is important in the story (most notably because of Enel's space endeavours). So what if it's like:

Zou/Wano - arc of the Moon
    (Kozuki symbol being a reverse crescent moon; the Minks' Sulong forms)

Elbaf - arc of the Sun
    (Solstice, ???)

How this would actually come into play in the story, I wouldn't know. I just find it fascinating how these 2 arcs in the New World that we've been anticipating for a long time appear to have opposing symbols they attach significance to. We may not see that much of the sun besides some symbolism and imagery, but it's a fun thought experiment.

I know this is an old comment, but I figure I might as well reply to it. Anyway, the giants of Elbaf are loosely based on the Vikings. In the Viking myth of Ragnarok, the wolf Fenrir devours the sun and the moon (I believe some versions of the myth say that Fenrir's children will devour the sun and moon). I have a suspicion that Blackbeard or one of the three weapons is going to block out or eat the light of the sun, moon, or both and cause havoc. I think this would fit well with the theories that the Red Line represents J÷rmungandr.
    The Wano and Elbaf arcs will probably shed some light on how Devil Fruits came into existence or grow (from a World Tree and/or the Adam and Eve trees?) and how seastone is made. Maybe they are priming us for the 'Ragnarok' of the One Piece world or how the One Piece world has previously dealt with Ragnarok.

The only showing of Oden's CoC in the flashback was his clash w/ WB. Maybe the anime squeezes a scene in while he's doing the 3 day challenge. Could use it on the fish that try to eat him. Possibly while he's sleep. It would go with how Luffy used it unconsciously and Asura recalled how Oden could use CoC as well

While i totally enjoy the beast pirates, i kind of miss some non-zoan DFs in their rows.
    Sure they have Hawkings or Apoo, but they┤re more or less trustworthy allies.
    All of main crew having mystical-ancient zoans or just smiles is still an event to witness in the upcoming fights, but even CP9 mixed in some powers like Bluenos and Califas.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    While i totally enjoy the beast pirates, i kind of miss some non-zoan DFs in their rows.
    All of main crew having mystical-ancient zoans or just smiles is still an event to witness in the upcoming fights, but even CP9 mixed in some powers like Bluenos and Califas.
    We still have 4 of the Tobbi Roppo and the Numbers not revealed to us yet.

This is the one big chance for Zoan users to shine in this series, so I don't particularly mind myself.

Just came from Paramecia City in WCI arc. Wano being Zoantopia is fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    This is the one big chance for Zoan users to shine in this series, so I don't particularly mind myself.
    There is nothing to shine with if all zoans do is boot your normal powers. And seeing how kaidos top 3 guys only have dino fruits it doesnt seem likely that we will see cool mythical ones

Queen's DF is the only dinosaur based. All 3 are ancient creatures, but Jack is a mammal and King's ability has to do with a pterosaur. With the hybrid, Awakening possibilities, and the fact that we just got a special Paramecia last arc, I wouldn't count the Zoan out. We aren't done learning about DF applications

Also, the anime used some filler recently and it further made me question what I already did about Zoro's Dragon Shock (Quake in off trans). It reminded me of Udo Jin from Rurouni. We see that even Tashigi made the remark that Zoro didn't use Haki while using it. He cut through the snow and she was terrified beforehand due to the sudden flying cut from earlier (which had Haki). Now, in this filler, Yasuie is saying that Zoro didn't cut them, but they are passing out. It's almost like CoC, but with the sword.
    Last edited by Cockycent; March 1st, 2020 at 02:12 PM.

Just came from Paramecia City in WCI arc. Wano being Zoantopia is fitting
    That┤s one thing i kind of not like, theme a whole arc with the DFs used there.
    Feels like using all those ideas in one big junk and then being done with them.
    WCI was food-like DFs and now we get all animal like DFs, with some ancient and 1 mythical zoan so far.
    It┤s hard enough to get a DF but the yonkous theme-ing their crew around special DFs seems like variety taken where it wasn┤t necessary.
    Mixing up all kinds of DFs makes the whole combat more interesting in my eyes, but i guess we get this with BB.
    Still there are so many crazy good DFs out there that should be used in the series, but the room for them to appear (also with a character that matters and not some random marine soldier) gets less and less and that is where some other food-DFs or zoans could have been used.
    I would bet that we won┤t see another food-DF user in the whole story, but something like a wood-DF could be used by a marine VA that gets kicked in half a page by someone like Sanji.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

That┤s one thing i kind of not like, theme a whole arc with the DFs used there.
    Feels like using all those ideas in one big junk and then being done with them.
    WCI was food-like DFs and now we get all animal like DFs, with some ancient and 1 mythical zoan so far.
    It┤s hard enough to get a DF but the yonkous theme-ing their crew around special DFs seems like variety taken where it wasn┤t necessary.
    Mixing up all kinds of DFs makes the whole combat more interesting in my eyes, but i guess we get this with BB.
    Still there are so many crazy good DFs out there that should be used in the series, but the room for them to appear (also with a character that matters and not some random marine soldier) gets less and less and that is where some other food-DFs or zoans could have been used.
    I would bet that we won┤t see another food-DF user in the whole story, but something like a wood-DF could be used by a marine VA that gets kicked in half a page by someone like Sanji.
    How did you forget Tama, cmon. Using it to tame beast. Give Oda some credit for this one. It's exactly what you're talking about

I think he was talking about another one like Katakuri's. Food you can fight with.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    I think he was talking about another one like Katakuri's. Food you can fight with.
    An army of beast and SMILE users isn't enough for you? I get it tho. Creativity like with Cracker and Kata is good to have

Quote Originally Posted by Xskart View Post
    There is nothing to shine with if all zoans do is boot your normal powers. And seeing how kaidos top 3 guys only have dino fruits it doesnt seem likely that we will see cool mythical ones
    Sure there is. If Rob Lucci can impress everyone, then so can King, Queen, etc. Anyhow, it's not like they'll only have their Zoan powers. Queen has his technology, King has his flames, and Jack probably has some Fishman techniques. You don't need to be a Mythical Zoan user to stand out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information