+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Can we say for sure that's a wing though? It doesn't look at all like the wings on other Sky People.
    If it was just 1 tip, I wouldn't have noticed. Also, how are they different? He's in the original chapter and the volume, but not in the anime.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I feel like I see way too many theories that Character With Pink Hair is a secret Charlotte child - I respected the Bonney theory, but everything else seems rather far fetched or silly - and so I got the thought to check how many out of the 85 Charlotte children actually have pink hair. The answer is six - Broye, Chiffon, Lola, Marble, Brownie, and Anana. Based on what we know so far, pink hair is only the fifth most common out of the family.

Brunette: Counter, Cadenza, Cabaletta, Nusstorte, Noisette, Mash, Mozart, High-Fat, Cinnamon, Mobile, Nutmeg, Akimeg, Allmeg, Harumeg, Fuyumeg, Pudding, De-Chat, Normande, Dolce, Dragee
    Purple: Katakuri, Cracker, Custard, Angel, Brulee, Newichi, Newji, Newsan, Newshi, Newgo
    Blonde: Daifuku, Mont-d'Or, Tablet, Bavarois, Prim, Praline, Joconde
    Blue: Mondee, Amande, Hachee, Effilee, Myukuru, Mascarpone, Joscarpone
    Black: Zuccotto, Dacquoise, Snack, Flampe, Anglais
    Orange: Oven (gradient), Basskarte, Cornstarch, Nougat
    Gray/White: Dosmarche, Smoothie, Raisin
    Green: Compote, Kanten, Kato
    Fuschia: Galette, Poire
    Lavender: Perospero
    Red: Wiro
    Multiple: Moscato, Marnier
    None: Opera
    Unknown (obscured): Compo, Laurin, Saint-Marc, Basans, Chiboust, Yuen, Wafers
    Unknown (never colored): Hachee, Gala, Melise, Montb, Maple, Panna

Since Chiffon and Lola got their pink hair from both parents, could pink hair potentially be a recessive trait? I've forgotten everything about how those genetics work. Pez did inherit Chiffon's pink hair rather than Bege's black hair.

Moral of the Story: Forget the pink hair, you can go wild with your secret Charlotte predictions! Just so long as the character is 50 or under and is the same race as the Charlotte children who are their age.

Spoiler:

I feel like I see way too many theories that Character With Pink Hair is a secret Charlotte child - I respected the Bonney theory, but everything else seems rather far fetched or silly - and so I got the thought to check how many out of the 85 Charlotte children actually have pink hair. The answer is six - Broye, Chiffon, Lola, Marble, Brownie, and Anana. Based on what we know so far, pink hair is only the fifth most common out of the family.

Brunette: Counter, Cadenza, Cabaletta, Nusstorte, Noisette, Mash, Mozart, High-Fat, Cinnamon, Mobile, Nutmeg, Akimeg, Allmeg, Harumeg, Fuyumeg, Pudding, De-Chat, Normande, Dolce, Dragee
    Purple: Katakuri, Cracker, Custard, Angel, Brulee, Newichi, Newji, Newsan, Newshi, Newgo
    Blonde: Daifuku, Mont-d'Or, Tablet, Bavarois, Prim, Praline, Joconde
    Blue: Mondee, Amande, Hachee, Effilee, Myukuru, Mascarpone, Joscarpone
    Black: Zuccotto, Dacquoise, Snack, Flampe, Anglais
    Orange: Oven (gradient), Basskarte, Cornstarch, Nougat
    Gray/White: Dosmarche, Smoothie, Raisin
    Green: Compote, Kanten, Kato
    Fuschia: Galette, Poire
    Lavender: Perospero
    Red: Wiro
    Multiple: Moscato, Marnier
    None: Opera
    Unknown (obscured): Compo, Laurin, Saint-Marc, Basans, Chiboust, Yuen, Wafers
    Unknown (never colored): Hachee, Gala, Melise, Montb, Maple, Panna

Since Chiffon and Lola got their pink hair from both parents, could pink hair potentially be a recessive trait? I've forgotten everything about how those genetics work. Pez did inherit Chiffon's pink hair rather than Bege's black hair.

Moral of the Story: Forget the pink hair, you can go wild with your secret Charlotte predictions! Just so long as the character is 50 or under and is the same race as the Charlotte children who are their age.
    Go wild with Secret Charlotte?

There is a character with an absurd appetite, who we know the father of, and we have heard exactly zero about his mother.

That is right, I am saying Monkey D Luffy is Big Mom's kid.

You are wrong. Big Mom is Dragon's mother/ Luffy's grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Go wild with Secret Charlotte?

There is a character with an absurd appetite, who we know the father of, and we have heard exactly zero about his mother.

That is right, I am saying Monkey D Luffy is Big Mom's kid.
    I'm not saying there's any indication he's Yuen's twin, but I'm also not saying there's NO indication he's Yuen's twin.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    You are wrong. Big Mom is Dragon's mother/ Luffy's grandmother.
    Are you saying Garp hit that after the god Island Incident?

I would not be against Garp and Big Mom getting it on after the "god valley" incident.

Dragon being her son though was a bad joke on my part; sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    I would not be against Garp and Big Mom getting it on after the "god valley" incident.

Dragon being her son though was a bad joke on my part; sorry.
    I would ship young Garp and Young Big Mom, It would not be the most insane thing that has happened in this Manga.

I assume most of this convo is not serious, but I do want to put it out there that Big Mom is only 13 years older than Dragon

Spoiler:

And Garp is only 10 years older than Big Mom.

This line struck me as a bit hilarious considering we now know Pound is 48 and Cracker is 45. Pound was 22 when he was married to Big Mom, so for all we know Perospero could have had a stepdad 20 years younger than him when Anana was born.

Spoiler:

I assume most of this convo is not serious, but I do want to put it out there that Big Mom is only 13 years older than Dragon
    That is why I went for Luffy as Big Mom's kid.
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; June 8th, 2020 at 04:32 PM.

Whenever Nami is on Jinbe's back, it's powerful because of their first meeting where he apologizes after explaining his history.
    Spoiler:

After freeing her and Luffy

Spoiler:

The BM chase

Edit: Imagine being early in OP and as you maneuver through the reddit, forums, social media platforms and Discords, you come across Sanji's last name. I'm glad the places I frequent didn't have OP fans when I first started. I'm better at dodging spoilers when I want to, but there's some newer fans that don't have that in mind. There's no way around it if you're not used to the different spaces where OP is discussed.
    Last edited by Cockycent; June 27th, 2020 at 05:40 AM.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Whenever Nami is on Jinbe's back, it's powerful because of their first meeting where he apologizes after explaining his history.

After freeing her and Luffy

The BM chase
    https://i.imgur.com/JgLoxnY.png?1
    Not to mention that their roles in the ship are super complementary, as the navigator and helmsman are the ones directly responsible for setting the course, reading the weather, waves, and currents, steering the ship towards its destination. And in an ironic twist of fate, Nami's navigational skills put her "above" Jinbe when directing the ship, which is a total reversal of Nami's slave status under Arlong, back in the day. Man, I do love Jinbe joining the crew. And for it to have taken so long since Fishman Island's magnificent invitation, it doesn't even feel real yet. Not until he has his first true fight as a Straw Hat and drinks his sake with everyone else at the end party! (and dances with chopsticks in his nose/mouth like Usopp, Chopper, and Franky )

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Not to mention that their roles in the ship are super complementary, as the navigator and helmsman are the ones directly responsible for setting the course, reading the weather, waves, and currents, steering the ship towards its destination. And in an ironic twist of fate, Nami's navigational skills put her "above" Jinbe when directing the ship, which is a total reversal of Nami's slave status under Arlong, back in the day. Man, I do love Jinbe joining the crew. And for it to have taken so long since Fishman Island's magnificent invitation, it doesn't even feel real yet. Not until he has his first true fight as a Straw Hat and drinks his sake with everyone else at the end party! (and dances with chopsticks in his nose/mouth like Usopp, Chopper, and Franky )

That's beautiful. Didn't even think of it like that

A small thing, but I think I noticed something about Smoothie. I would describe her as very serious, lacking humor, and not outwardly emotional. Would you say she has...a dry personality?

It took 4 years but I finally got that.

I feel like Smoothie wasn't even in the WCI arc, even tho she was...

Edit: I would like for the Brag Men book to come back. Nami probably still has it

Edit: DF users being weak to the sea is just genius for a story of pirates. To establish that early on, then keep it consistent while adding more applications is beautiful
    Last edited by Cockycent; July 2nd, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

Hey guys, have you heard about ONE PIECE Tokyo Tower closing?

I'm so sad, I though I would have the opportunity to go there someday.

https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20200704_11163

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Not to mention that their roles in the ship are super complementary, as the navigator and helmsman are the ones directly responsible for setting the course, reading the weather, waves, and currents, steering the ship towards its destination. And in an ironic twist of fate, Nami's navigational skills put her "above" Jinbe when directing the ship, which is a total reversal of Nami's slave status under Arlong, back in the day.
    This is true, but we have yet to see this interaction happening, right? Nothing at the Totland chase actually established their dynamic at sea (Nami commanding and Jimbe listening) despite it being a natural consequence of their jobs. I guess us readers sometimes notice some opportunities that Oda himself misses... or not. It's still pretty early and these things can be done next.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    This is true, but we have yet to see this interaction happening, right? Nothing at the Totland chase actually established their dynamic at sea (Nami commanding and Jimbe listening) despite it being a natural consequence of their jobs. I guess us readers sometimes notice some opportunities that Oda himself misses... or not. It's still pretty early and these things can be done next.
    There will be a lot of crew shenanigans once this saga ends and the next starts.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information