+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

I wonder how strong Tsuru is? In her prime, Doffy was afraid of her, which I think says a lot, and in the Databook that came with Film Z it was said she, Sengoku, and Garp all enlisted at the same time.

Sometimes I forget how clueless Luffy actually is about a lot of stuff. Hell, he doesn't even know Nami's backstory. He just doesn't care but ends up by instinct helping/befriending the right people. That just makes me appreciate his character even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Unekoi View Post
    Sometimes I forget how clueless Luffy actually is about a lot of stuff. Hell, he doesn't even know Nami's backstory. He just doesn't care but ends up by instinct helping/befriending the right people. That just makes me appreciate his character even more.
    Well he knows a portion of Nami's backstory, hence why he destroyed her old room inside Arlong Park.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I don't think he knew, he just knew the blood was her's.

Arlong explained it to him (and he saw the effects of the abuse), which pissed him off.

Starting from this page.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Arlong explained it to him (and he saw the effects of the abuse), which pissed him off.

Starting from this page.
    Huh, while it was nice to read that event again, I saw something odd with Sanji, Nojiko and Genzo...

ch 93 pg 16 they look to be out of water as we can see Genzo & Sanji's legs and it looks as if Nojiko is standing but then... ch 94 pg 4 has them shoulder deep in water. Its not a case of 'well of course they took shelter in water' as we can see there is the deck behind them and they are looking in opposite direction from it, so they would still be safe sitting there. Seems its a goof of forgetting they did get out of the water.

Its really not important at all to the story but a fun trivia to notice.
    OF course they need to be in the water so this could happen

Hidden:
    ch 9e4 pg 8
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Huh, while it was nice to read that event again, I saw something odd with Sanji, Nojiko and Genzo...

ch 93 pg 16 they look to be out of water as we can see Genzo & Sanji's legs and it looks as if Nojiko is standing but then... ch 94 pg 4 has them shoulder deep in water. Its not a case of 'well of course they took shelter in water' as we can see there is the deck behind them and they are looking in opposite direction from it, so they would still be safe sitting there. Seems its a goof of forgetting they did get out of the water.

Its really not important at all to the story but a fun trivia to notice.
    OF course they need to be in the water so this could happen

Never saw this as a mistake, just took it to mean that they jumped in the water to escape the falling building.
    I believe it's interesting in that it demonstrates occasionally these things don't quite make it to the page :)

A thought I've been pondering: will the Straw Hats run into anyone stronger than Doffy, but weaker than the Admirals and Emperors? I honestly have a hard time picturing someone like this who we haven't heard of by now: Doffy seems to basically be the #5 guy in the New World. Maybe an Emperor's First Mate or something, but I'm even unsure on that.
    Last edited by Hamburger Time; January 17th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger Time View Post
    A thought I've been pondering: will the Straw Hats run into anyone stronger than Doffy, but weaker than the Admirals and Emperors? I honestly have a hard time picturing someone like this who we haven't heard of by now: Doffy seems to basically be the #5 guy in the New World. Maybe an Emperor's First Mate or something, but I'm even unsure on that.
    Its enough to get into conflict with silver medalist so to say. There are people around as strong as Doflamingo for sure and there is number of them. Somebody like Marco looked to be just about as strong as Doflamingo to me- below admiral but very strong. Also Strawhats meeting somebody as strong as Doflamingo would be deadly danger as he is getting defeated now by team effort of Luffy and Law with some tricks being used I say.
    We are yet to see how rest of fight will go but in 1 on 1 without Law around with fresh Doflamingo Luffy would very likely have extremely hard time when it comes to winning.
    Big Part of that is Doflamingos ability of course as without it he seemed to be pressed back by Sanjis barrage of kicks and had to went for using his DF power to stop Sanji.

If 7th Shichibukai is a new character then his definedly going to be stronger than Doflamingo. I also think Shogun of Wano could be close.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Quote Originally Posted by Clessenur View Post
    If 7th Shichibukai is a new character then his definedly going to be stronger than Doflamingo. I also think Shogun of Wano could be close.
    Oh yeah, forgot about #7. Some other characters that I think might be in that gap are...

* Mihawk
    * Pre-mindwipe Kuma
    * Magellan
    * MAYBE Sabo, Ivankov and the CP0 Chief

So, I've begun thinking that Robin may be the strongest of the Mid Trio, not Franky. Franky fought evenly with Seņor Pink. Robin lolnoped a guy who took out a guy the same rank as Seņor Pink with very little effort on her part. Even smack-talked him a bit.

And they both now have better New World combat records than Sanji. Being the Team Jobber is suffering...

So, I've begun thinking that Robin may be the strongest of the Mid Trio, not Franky. Franky fought evenly with Seņor Pink. Robin lolnoped a guy who took out a guy the same rank as Seņor Pink with very little effort on her part. Even smack-talked him a bit.
    It's worth keeping in mind that Franky originally took three Doflamingo officers, a bunch of Doflamingo soldiers, and a bunch of Marines (potentially including a vice-admiral) to take down. Then, when everyone was distracted, he got back up on his reserve cola to destroy the factory, and fought Senor Pink on that. In a fight where they each tried to out-man the other by taking their attacks head-on. Where Senor Pink's attacks were all targeted at Franky's weak spot from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    It's worth keeping in mind that Franky originally took three Doflamingo officers, a bunch of Doflamingo soldiers, and a bunch of Marines (potentially including a vice-admiral) to take down. Then, when everyone was distracted, he got back up on his reserve cola to destroy the factory, and fought Senor Pink on that. In a fight where they each tried to out-man the other by taking their attacks head-on. Where Senor Pink's attacks were all targeted at Franky's weak spot from the start.
    Forgot he was low on Cola. No idea then. Still, Robin taking down Hakuba was extremely impressive.

Going back through that fight it left me in a dream like state and reminded me of the reason i fell in love with One Piece. The panels are less crowdy and the characters are more expresive and whatever is happening you can feel it by looking at the background it is like you are actually in there mix in with the characters. I am not saying One Piece is bad now but things sure have change, i guess it is due to the evolution of the story/plot and i think things will get more fast paste with the story getting more tense and more being at stake now than before, i just hope Oda put a little breathing room in between so we can relax with the story and relflect on where both the chracters and us readers are coming from (would'nt mind a little comment by the Straw Hats to show that they acknowledge those times too).

By the way, something I just realized: if one counts Robin vs. Hakuba as a fight, two members of the Mid Trio now have a better New World combat record than Sanji.

Being Team Jobber is suffering.

if one counts Robin vs. Hakuba as a fight,
    As much as I love Robin I wouldn't count that as a fight... more of an impressive feat.

By the way, something I just realized: if one counts Robin vs. Hakuba as a fight, two members of the Mid Trio now have a better New World combat record than Sanji.

Being Team Jobber is suffering.
    If you give no consideration to the opponents and the circumstances surrounding them, yes.

But that would just be silly.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    If you give no consideration to the opponents and the circumstances surrounding them, yes.

But that would just be silly.
    That's true, I doubt any of the Mid Trio could take Vergo.

MAYBE if Franky used the robot. Maybe.

Just like last year I'm going to note that the chapter when Gin appeared for the last time was chapter 68 - released exactly 17 years ago, which would make his comeback (by far!) the most awaited one in the whole One Piece. The funniest part is that probably most of the readers (out of the ones who still remember him ) still believe he'll return one day, and for a good reason they do!
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information