+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026

Thread: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Default Re: Notions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

You have to know that Luffy was there to figure out that that's how he got to Impel Down.

And all the stories of Amazon Lily (a notoriously closed off island) and the Kuja warriors (kill any man who sets foot on the island) would make her aiding Luffy sound pretty far-fetched to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    It has bothered me for a long time, but it really is unimportant. Just wanna vent.

How come Shakki and Rayleigh discovered that Luffy went to Amazon Lilly using just some clues while Smoker (the observant marine genius who identified the right Crocodile that had swallowed the key) saw Hancock betray the WG and fight him while declaring that "love is a hurricane", and also run after Luffy at the end of the battle and still not put 2 and 2 together and see that Luffy was helped by her??
    And why did no Marine inteligence service realise that Luffy infiltrated Impel Down right after the unusual request of Hancock to visit Ace?
    The Smoker is indeed ridiculous but you always say that he did make the connection and make a report but when they showed up Luffy was on that island full of beasts and the government didnt want to spend more energy on chasing Luffy and having to lose another warlord.

For the prison they have no idea Luffy made contact with Handcock and she is know to detest all men. For all they know Blackbeard and Luffy coordinated. Or Buggy was a trojan horse. Or Luffy was sent by his dad to free one of his top officers. Between Blackbeard and Baggy and the giant escape I think they wrote off the whole thing as a giant clusterfuck that is better forgotten instead of investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    A brief preview for the Nico Robin post.

First, please rewatch this scene in the anime.

Now reread the scene in the manga.

How are they different from each other?

Also, how do you interpret Nico Robin’s smile in the final panel? Did Toei meet the mark?

“Nico”
    To me, Robin seems to still be nervous about what just happened in the manga, whereas the anime goes a bit further and the Straw Hats have cleared her nerves. I don't see much else different worth going into.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    To me, Robin seems to still be nervous about what just happened in the manga, whereas the anime goes a bit further and the Straw Hats have cleared her nerves. I don't see much else different worth going into.
    The interesting part here is the filler the anime chose to include, which clearly was based on the director’s interpretation of the scene.

Nico Robin’s initial trembling and heavy breathing upon noticing Aokiji’s presence is gone in the anime. She is more solid and resolute. Robin in the manga is clearly still fearful.

The framing of the conversation between Aokiji and Robin is different. Even upon Aokiji leaving, Nico Robin remains fearful and her breathing stays heavy in the manga. She weakly smiles at Luffy’s joke, but is this a genuine smile or an instance of what Sauro taught her? “To smile when you feel bad.”

I’d argue so.

In fact, Nico Robin doesn’t disclose what happened to her new crew... for what reason? Will she truly not betray them?

The final 1:10 of that anime clip is all filler. It ascribes feelings to Robin that don’t appear in the manga, which consequently change her character. Toei has gotten many things wrong in the past (Zoro cutting steel; Robin’s eye color; Oden; etc) and this is another instance of it.
    Last edited by gyuukarubi; September 17th, 2020 at 09:41 AM.

How did Toei get Zoro cutting steel wrong? I've never heard of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    How did Toei get Zoro cutting steel wrong? I've never heard of this.
    It’s in the Apis filler arc pre-Reverse Mountain. If I still recall this correctly, Luffy asks Zoro to cut through some giant steel chains — who promptly responds “there’s nothing I can’t cut!” ... as he cuts through steel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information