+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Remastered Thread

Default Re: The Remastered Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I didn't imagine any game would lock down resolution either until Dark Souls came out. And there's been a few games after it that did the same thing. And you can't force better models, textures, shadows, etc in your control panel.
    I'm not saying you could, merely higher anti-aliasing and texture filtering and stuff if the PC port lacked such settings.

Also, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD will be full price. Damn Square, it looks really fucking good but... c'mon.

Square is just trying as hard as they can to help Nintendo out by posing an example of how not to release a localization of a game that came out ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Square is just trying as hard as they can to help Nintendo out by posing an example of how not to release a localization of a game that came out ages ago
    They're helping out Nintendo by indirectly convincing them further not to localize Mother 1 or 3 in anyway for western countries?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; September 19th, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I picked up Tomb Raider and The Last of Us remasters for the PS4. Unfortunately I can't compare the different versions having owned nothing other than a Nintendo system for the past two years, but they both look great to my native eye. The Last of Us though... what a game. The steady 60 FPS is an excellent addition, having tested out the 30 FPS mode from the option menu. Both are definitely worth it, especially if your like me and hadn't experienced either game prior.

Also, I can't wait to pick this bad boy up.

Last edited by Mickamott; September 19th, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They're helping out Nintendo by indirectly convincing further them not to localize Mother 1 or 3 in anyway for western countries?
    Correct .

WELP.

Final Fantasy XIII just released on Steam. The game is locked at 720p and has no graphical options. It seems the only difference between it and the 4 year old console versions is the gameplay is in 60fps (it's also locked to not go higher and the cutscenes were not re-rendered so they are 30fps).

GJ, SE.

GAF user Durante is on the case. He's a guy who in the past has managed to unlock things like resolutions in games.

EDIT: The cutscenes show some compression making them worse quality than the PS3 version. Wow, SE really fucked this up.
    Last edited by Buuhan1; October 9th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

Yep. Not really unexpected. I don't know why you would preorder a multiple year late console port and think there wasn't going to be any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Yep. Not really unexpected. I don't know why you would preorder a multiple year late console port and think there wasn't going to be any issues.
    Well people expected because it took this long to release a PC version that it was at least going to be updated. Especially considering past S-E PC releases have had the standard options, like The Last Remnant. I don't think it's unjust for people to expect a PC game to have resolution, anti-aliasing, and filtering settings.

And yeah, there's definitely some compression going on but not 360 levels of bad. The PS3 version is 40gb, the steam version is 50gb. However they have double the cutscenes as it includes the cutscenes lipsynced to both English and Japanese audio, the PS3 version only had one language.

I just think people should be wary because a lot of these ports are blatant cashgrabs with very little work put into them.

I don't know if I really like that he's doing this. All it shows is that devs can release broken games on PC and let other people do their jobs for them. This is the third game that's been locked at 720p
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; October 9th, 2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Third that I'm aware of at least. There are others for locked framerates too.

I just recently got a Wiiu, and currently playing through Duck Tales Remastered. I'm really enjoying it so far. The voice acting really helps the nostalgia.

I'm actually seeing people complaining about poor performance in FFXIII on PC with high end cards. Apparently someone did some looking around and found out that the game uses so little resources (partly because it's locked at 720p) that the GPU isn't aware that there's a game running and so is running power saving mode, resulting in poor performance in the game. That's both hilarious and sad at the same time.

And to think I was actually thinking of getting it. Good to know that information.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Does turning your computer to High Performance (what it should always be) fix that?

Yeah, there are multiple ways of fixing it but it's still funny. People on the Steam forums were saying to force 8x ssaa or run another game in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I am actually excited for it, it still looks amazing on ps3, but I haven't played it in a long time so I am ready for ps4 remaster.

Played God of War 3 three times. Beautuful game. Fantastic boss battles.

Right before the boss battle there was this area where you fight a number of enemies. One of them is a large chimera. I struggled like hell there. Managed to win because I leveled up whatever I had to do to have powerful Gorgons eyes.

This is kind of dumb, why wouldn't they release the whole God of War saga on PS4 instead?
    NNID: julsjacket

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information