+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Remastered Thread

Default The Remastered Thread

Just like last generation saw old games re-released on them (I also made such a thread relating to them http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=29904 ) history is repeating itself this gen, with several titles seeing a facelift and re-released on the new consoles. This is a thread to post news/speculation on such releases, post trailers and screenshots, and the general business.

Current Release List (major titles; no cross-gen or simple ports):

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - Released
    The Last of Us Remastered - Released
    Metro Redux - Released
    Grand Theft Auto V - Late 2014
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - Late 2014
    Resident Evil HD Remaster - Late 2014/Early 2015
    Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - TBA
    Grim Fandango - TBA

Default Re: The Remastered Thread

I'm all for remasters, especially for games that I haven't already bought.

I'll be getting the Phoenix Wright Trilogy as well as The Last of Us remaster soon, seeing as I haven't played either yet. The Wind Waker HD was also a great improvement over the original, not only for visuals but for easing most tedious parts of the game. I can't imagine playing without a fast sail anymore.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

First trailer for the Resident Evil Remaster.

Lookin' good.

I heard the Japan/Asia release is in November, and that the Asia version has dual language (basically detects your system language for what language to display text in). If so, then why is the NA versions slated for 2015? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I heard the Japan/Asia release is in November, and that the Asia version has dual language (basically detects your system language for what language to display text in). If so, then why is the NA versions slated for 2015? :/
    Because Capcom, I dunno. Usually the RE games release here first, but not this time I guess. I dunno if the PS4/Xbox One versions release in Japan in November, I think they don't launch until we get them. Pretty sure Japan is only getting the PS3 and 360 versions in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Because Capcom, I dunno. Usually the RE games release here first, but not this time I guess. I dunno if the PS4/Xbox One versions release in Japan in November, I think they don't launch until we get them. Pretty sure Japan is only getting the PS3 and 360 versions in November.
    True, I only see the last gen versions on Play-Asia. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be importing it. But might as well get this on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    True, I only see the last gen versions on Play-Asia. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be importing in. But might as well get this on PS4.
    Would they show on PlayAsia? Japan is only getting the PS3 version as a physical release. This is pretty much a straight up digital release worldwide, but I guess Capcom figures they'll get some extra bank making the PS3 version also have a disc-release in Japan.

That's a good question. But interestingly, I looked at their weekly newsletter where they talked about the game. And they were talking about PS4 and Xbone as well. Dunno.

The only difference between the two versions is probably going to be the resolution. Which is weird since I imagine the PS3 and 360 should be able to run this game at 1080p 30 fps like the PS4 and Xbone since the majority of it is prerendered backgrounds. I think the difference is purely for marketing purposes.

Yeah, PS3/360 is 720p. PS4/Xbone/PC is 1080p. Every version will be locked at 30fps tho, no official 60fps in any version.

Lol, the game should easily run in 60 frames, but it isn't ultimately that important for that game I guess.

It would be able to if the game wasn't coded where calculations are tied to the framerate.

Yeah, and as slow as the characters move it wouldn't be noticable like in some other more dynamic games anyway. I am actually excited to play this game for the first time, since the only resident evil game I've played through was the 4th one.

I won't be surprised if we get a Final Fantasy XIII Collection soon. It'd seem right up Square's alley to re-release the Lightning Trilogy on PS4 and Xbone. Also just yesterday Square-Enix added both a Steam logo on the Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy page as well as PC as a platform, which they quickly removed (I think the Steam logo might still be there tho). I say it's quite likely. I own the first 2 on PS3, only played a bit of the first one and XIII-2 is one of two (the second being RAGE) games I own which I never took out of the wrapping.

Well, there it is. No ps4/xbone release but FFXIII is launching on Steam for $16. XIII-2 and LR will follow soon.

Doesn't sound like it's a remaster though...?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Doesn't sound like it's a remaster though...?
    It's a PC game. You remaster it yourself with the graphical settings.

There were PS4 and Xbone logos at the bottom though. There was also a logo for some streaming thing though which is kind of worrying as it might mean it's just going to be n OnLive-ish thing and not actually going to be running on these platforms. Anyway, given that it's a pretty late port from consoles I doubt there will be very many upgrades to take advantage of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was locked in resolution and framerate either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    There were PS4 and Xbone logos at the bottom though. There was also a logo for some streaming thing though which is kind of worrying as it might mean it's just going to be n OnLive-ish thing and not actually going to be running on these platforms. Anyway, given that it's a pretty late port from consoles I doubt there will be very many upgrades to take advantage of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was locked in resolution and framerate either.
    I can't imagine them locking the resolution down, at the very least it'll allow up to 1080p. Framerate tho... possible. Besides, even if it's lacking graphical options doesn't mean you can't force some with your graphic cards control panel (but that can cause issues).

I didn't imagine any game would lock down resolution either until Dark Souls came out. And there's been a few games after it that did the same thing. And you can't force better models, textures, shadows, etc in your control panel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information