+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 392 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

Default Re: Boku no Hero Academia

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    Oh seriously, how many chapters are out?
    In Japan, it currently released up to 14 chapters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    but there should be a couple more.
    Nope, only 14 chapters.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    In Japan, it currently released up to 14 chapters.

Nope, only 14 chapters.
    How's it doing in the rankings?

It is doing very, very, and very well.

It's doing extremely well. I think it's been consistent top 5 and has had at least one first place ranking

I think Horikoshi MIGHT have finally hit the right spot for an effective comic with this if he knows what he is doing for the long run. It definitely shows that learned from his major mistakes with Bulge and didn't go "too" wacky/alientating like the Zoo comic (even though I liked it). He pretty much has a good theme setup which isn't lame like Bulge's and picked a genre which is doing fairly well right now (so at least it shows that he did his research on what's popular to stay on the safe side). My only qualms with this is that it can possibly see it going three ways (two of which wouldn't be good for Horikoshi):

-One Punch Man route: the protagonist becomes a hero through effort. This is a great theme (and definitely what Naruto should have gone for) but it would resemble way too much with OPM and the fact that it's already an over the top super hero comic...it probably wouldn't be good for him at this point considering how popular OPM is at the moment. Essentially this would turn this comic into a OPM Prequel.

-Naruto route: the protagonist either awakens the powers (or had them all along, or ends up receives them) which pretty much would defeat the notion of hard work/effort leading to success. However, since it did show that he worked hard, I guess it wouldn't be nearly as bad. However, the fact that they hammered in the notion that he's NOT special for the entire first chapter (and repeated it over and over and over) would be kinda irritating when he suddenly gets powers. I'm so relieved that Horikoshi didn't give him any super powers at the end the first chapter. That would have been remarkably lousy.

-What I prefer route: the protagonist ends up being stronger but also relies on wit, effort, and passion rather than strictly super powers. I honestly hope Horikoshi goes this route and it seems to be implied that he will go this direction due to having his protagonist being obsessed with researching the heroes and such. Not to mention that he is shown to be extremely passionate while everyone else kinda takes their powers for granted is another appealing quality trait that I hope he maintains. Giving him powers would take away both qualities (or at least diminish them) which would be a real shame.

So yeah, great start, but I hope it maintains its momentum (which it SEEMS like it is doing according to the high ranking). At least the visually appealing super hero motif should keep it afloat even if the story does sour.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    I think Horikoshi MIGHT have finally hit the right spot for an effective comic with this if he knows what he is doing for the long run. It definitely shows that learned from his major mistakes with Bulge and didn't go "too" wacky/alientating like the Zoo comic (even though I liked it). He pretty much has a good theme setup which isn't lame like Bulge's and picked a genre which is doing fairly well right now (so at least it shows that he did his research on what's popular to stay on the safe side). My only qualms with this is that it can possibly see it going three ways (two of which wouldn't be good for Horikoshi):

-One Punch Man route: the protagonist becomes a hero through effort. This is a great theme (and definitely what Naruto should have gone for) but it would resemble way too much with OPM and the fact that it's already an over the top super hero comic...it probably wouldn't be good for him at this point considering how popular OPM is at the moment. Essentially this would turn this comic into a OPM Prequel.

-Naruto route: the protagonist either awakens the powers (or had them all along, or ends up receives them) which pretty much would defeat the notion of hard work/effort leading to success. However, since it did show that he worked hard, I guess it wouldn't be nearly as bad. However, the fact that they hammered in the notion that he's NOT special for the entire first chapter (and repeated it over and over and over) would be kinda irritating when he suddenly gets powers. I'm so relieved that Horikoshi didn't give him any super powers at the end the first chapter. That would have been remarkably lousy.

-What I prefer route: the protagonist ends up being stronger but also relies on wit, effort, and passion rather than strictly super powers. I honestly hope Horikoshi goes this route and it seems to be implied that he will go this direction due to having his protagonist being obsessed with researching the heroes and such. Not to mention that he is shown to be extremely passionate while everyone else kinda takes their powers for granted is another appealing quality trait that I hope he maintains. Giving him powers would take away both qualities (or at least diminish them) which would be a real shame.

So yeah, great start, but I hope it maintains its momentum (which it SEEMS like it is doing according to the high ranking). At least the visually appealing super hero motif should keep it afloat even if the story does sour.
    I kind of disagree on the ONepunch man note since all of Saitama's effort took place offscreen, and it really wasn't even that much. One Punchman isn't about effort, it's about a guy who got so strong that he's gotten bored of fighting, but still does it because it's the right thing to do. Also did you read chapter 2? It's kind of related to what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I kind of disagree on the ONepunch man note since all of Saitama's effort took place offscreen, and it really wasn't even that much. One Punchman isn't about effort, it's about a guy who got so strong that he's gotten bored of fighting, but still does it because it's the right thing to do. Also did you read chapter 2? It's kind of related to what you're talking about
    Which is why I added the bit about OPM the prequel. The themes are different, but the fact that it's an identical genre and having the no-face protagonist turn into a power house through strictly effort (doing...how many pushups that Saitama did) would be too close to OPM. The problem isn't the theme itself or having a similar theme (which it doesn't. I suppose I should have clarified that since I did word it poorly); But having a similar development for both protagonists in a genre that's exactly the same (even though one was off screen and not the focal point of the story). My hope is that Horikoshi won't go that route for the reason that it's the same genre and having a similar development wouldn't be all that...great.

Found raws up to 14, but there should be a couple more.
    You've been able to find raws?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    You've been able to find raws?
    http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...-Hero-Academia My mistake, found to 12 but total 14.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post

The third path is what is set up with the notebook, that he has analized the heroes so much, that he had already weakness for plant guy and giant girl.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Yay! So glad it has its own thread. Loving this manga and the reception to it. I've always enjoyed this mangaka's designs but others haven't been fans. Can't wait to pick up the volume next month!

http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...-Hero-Academia My mistake, found to 12 but total 14.

The third path is what is set up with the notebook, that he has analized the heroes so much, that he had already weakness for plant guy and giant girl.
    It's telling me "Account Suspended"

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I'm glad Horikoshi finally found some success in rankings. But I feel a little like when Komi Naoshi finally broke though and hit on a popular series (Nisekoi), that he was aiming for mainstream success a little too much and writing something without all the magical flair he once had. Hopefully this series will prove me wrong and be entertaining as well as successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    It's telling me "Account Suspended"
    Can't you use the Magazine raws? Or are their quality so inferior that even cleaned they aren't any good? You can get all the issues in Nyaa.

Is anybody interested in clean raws for the series? I can get them for Chapters 11+

Chapter 11 example: http://imgur.com/a/cBD3E

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

I'm glad Horikoshi finally found some success in rankings. But I feel a little like when Komi Naoshi finally broke though and hit on a popular series (Nisekoi), that he was aiming for mainstream success a little too much and writing something without all the magical flair he once had. Hopefully this series will prove me wrong and be entertaining as well as successful.
    I understand a bit of what you are saying, but he still kept his design sense. Omagadoki, man I thought it had all the makings of a succesful series. Just can't wait for the cover reveal of this first volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Is anybody interested in clean raws for the series? I can get them for Chapters 11+

Chapter 11 example: http://imgur.com/a/cBD3E
    Nice, do yourself clean it? it looks pretty well hopefully you can help Fallen Angels with this series.

Can you share the raw for 13 as well?

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7157-0203/One Piece Treasure Cruise ID: 302.949.778

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    Nice, do yourself clean it? it looks pretty well hopefully you can help Fallen Angels with this series.

Can you share the raw for 13 as well?
    No, they're from "Shonen Jump Plus", the digital version of Jump.

And yeah, I'll share it. I'll edit it into this post when I get the chance.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; October 14th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

No, they're from "Shonen Jump Plus" the digital version of Jump.

And yeah, I'll share it. I'll edit it into this post when I get the chance.
    Galaxy are you able to get things from Shonen Jump Plus? They are right now showing 100 volumes of Kochikame for around 4 days, it would be cool if somebody would make them in Zip(or Rar) format.

Boku no Hero Academia chapter 14 was pure awesomeness! This arc as the potential to be amazing both in terms of epicness and characters presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Galaxy are you able to get things from Shonen Jump Plus? They are right now showing 100 volumes of Kochikame for around 4 days, it would be cool if somebody would make them in Zip(or Rar) format.
    I am able to get things, yes.

I can do that.... but don't expect it for a few days.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

I am able to get things, yes.

I can do that.... but don't expect it for a few days.
    Thanks, take the time you need! Just being able to having them digitally is amazing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information