+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 450 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8995

Thread: My Hero Academia - Grand Theft Mano

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

Succubus sucks a different thing other than blood though.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Didn't see anyone post it

Illegals chapter 14 is out

http://readms.net/r/vigilante/014/4620/1

Spoiler:

This new guy intrigues me, there's a lot of possible explanations why isn't literally superman aka stronger than all might but he's strong enough I wonder if the greatest hero is American. So far we've only looked at Japan.

There's the idea that perhaps his power is literally dependent on popularity. Which is interesting although he wouldn't need to be ass to be popular.

Also this guy would be the perfect 1st kill for stain
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I really like how Illegals adds to the original story, going further into the world workings and how its society and hero community works, plus expanding the characters like Ingenium and not-Stain. But I wish it would move a bit with its own plot... 14 chapters in and basically the only development we had in the drugs plot was meeting the bee girl.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; October 10th, 2017 at 02:59 PM.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Like the idea of C.C. being Stain's debut kill but it might be too early in the timeline.
    Our first named US hero is a jackass, of course. I'm curious how high his rank was, "top-ranking" could mean almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I really like how Illegals adds to the original story, going further into the world workings and how its society and hero community works, plus expanding the characters like Ingenium and not-Stain. But I wish it would move a bit with its own plot... 14 chapters in and basically the only development we had in the drugs plot was meeting the bee girl.
    Agreed. I wanna learn more about the main characters too. We know next to nothing about Knuckleduster and Pop Step. Makes me wonder if the creators are spinning their wheels on purpose, waiting for Hirokoshi to introduce a character they need, reach a certain plot point, or finish the Trigger/Overhaul arc in the main series.

At least the series is now bi-monthly.

NNID: jervinnectar

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Diamond is Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    More likely soap given how the moment was played up for laughs. And acid in somebody's eyes would be a bit too morbid for a hero to get away with (which makes me wonder how Ashido's powers are going to be handled if we ever see her in the field).
    Rereading all the discussion thread, and I figure he'll have her control the corrosiveness of it, if she cajt already althogh he has played fast and loose with it so far, she mostly uses it for speed in sliding around, she hasnt really had to fight someone with it
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Captain Celebrity is basically Booster Gold
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Captain Celebrity is basically Booster Gold
    Isn't Booster Gold like useless?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Isn't Booster Gold like useless?
    Technically, present All-Might is useless too...

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

OK, finally caught up on Illegals. Haven't read the last three updates.

...When is Pop Step going to get a character that doesn't revolve around "wants Koichi's babies?"

I want to like her. I want her to be something other than fanservice. I want her to be relevant to the plot in ways that doesn't focus on her "plot".

Having a fanservicey character isn't always bad as long as they have depth to balance out the sexy, but...she's so awful. It doesn't help that as the "girl" of the group, she's useless in a fight and thus relegated to reconnaissance and directing people to safety.

It's not like Pop Step's quirk is efficient in battle.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

And giving her that quirk was the author's decision.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; October 12th, 2017 at 05:39 AM. Reason: and it's not that Koichi's quirk is much better in that area, but he still manages to pull it off
    FC.0147-0584-2654

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Even if you cut the author slack for coming up with a non-offensive Quirk, she could have still gotten a weapon to compensate akin to Aizawa's bandages complementing his Quirk Erasure or Stain's blades in accordance with Bloodcurdle. Or she goes all Super Mario on any fools that cross her.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    OK, finally caught up on Illegals. Haven't read the last three updates.

...When is Pop Step going to get a character that doesn't revolve around "wants Koichi's babies?"

I want to like her. I want her to be something other than fanservice. I want her to be relevant to the plot in ways that doesn't focus on her "plot".

Having a fanservicey character isn't always bad as long as they have depth to balance out the sexy, but...she's so awful. It doesn't help that as the "girl" of the group, she's useless in a fight and thus relegated to reconnaissance and directing people to safety.
    Isn't this an important position to have either way? She's the one who coordinates where the two guys go, based on what she sees from above. I'm sure they can expand this role. Besides, we've only had like, 13 chapters, many of which barely focused on the main group. She'll get her time to shine, perhaps once they get to the meat of the first arc.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

http://www.taadd.com/chapter/MyHeroAcademia156/912986/

156 is out and damn if this isn't a satisfying conclusion (I assume this is the end of the fight?)

I still hope the league manages to snatch her. So a quirk that rewinds things to a state before quirks talk about broken. And the girls appeared but had their fight totally side screened what a let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:
    Anyone else wishing the girls had stayed off screen ? I hope they still have a role to play beyond this ...

It seems we celebrated too early... well, the fight should be over in 1 or 2 chapters, I will wait until then to draw any final conclusion.

Still, very good to see Eri saving herself even if she wasn't even doing it consciously. The fact her power is rewinding pretty much assures us Mirio is getting his powers back once she learn how to control her quirk properly but I hope that's something that only happens in the last chapter (I can see Eri pursuing the hero career herself).
    Anyways, she will probably be in trouble for an arc more since Compress' clone is there.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Aside from the fake hope of the girls showing up and doing something being dashed, there's just something really wrong structurally when during an intense climax of a rescue arc, the author feels he has to shove in all this exposition to explain the motivations of the victim. This is stuff that should have been established beforehand so that the final scenes could be carried on with visuals and simple dialogue alone. Imagine if in Enies Lobby, Robin's whole backstory was shoved in just as she was saved by Franky.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Another fantastic chapter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

I've been liking this arc, but I really wasn't a fan of this chapter. It just didn't flow well for me, and everything happened way too fast. I like the idea of Eri awakening to her quirk and that helps out in some way, but it felt rushed and forced in a way. In the end, it fwas like two or three chapters worth of content was crammed into one instead, where a chapter dedicated to the outside fight would've been nice, then have a chapter focused on Eri which ended with how this chapter ended.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information