+ Reply to Thread
Page 442 of 442 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 440 441 442
Results 8,821 to 8,833 of 8833

Thread: My Hero Academia - Grand Theft Mano

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Grand Theft Mano

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    My actual issue here is that all we've seen her fight are big enemies.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Regarding people being shocked he died because mirio also got stabbed... Here is the difference in scale

Mirio:
    Spoiler:

Nighteye:
    Spoiler:

The build up wasnt as big as for ace but the attack wasnt that different. Ace also died right after talking to luffy while nighteye had to live long enough to meet with All Might and Mirio
    Last edited by Long John Silvers Rayleigh; November 23rd, 2017 at 09:00 PM.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Regarding people being shocked he died because mirio also

Mirio:

Nighteye:
    Spoiler:
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Dgt9Yt03Z...25282%2529.png got stabbed here is the difference in scale.

Mirio:
    I know that Nighteye's injuries are clearly worse, it's just that the story never emphasized Nighteye's injuries at all. It happened and sort of passed with the focus being on Deku's fight.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Regarding people being shocked he died because mirio also got stabbed... Here is the difference in scale

Mirio:

Nighteye:

The build up wasnt as big as for ace but the attack wasnt that different. Ace also died right after talking to luffy while nighteye had to live long enough to meet with All Might and Mirio
    I don't think anyone is disputing how serious the spike was. The issue is how little focus it had resulting in thinking that it would not be the fatal blow to an important character of the arc. It was the drama that sold the idea that Ace could die not the fist to guts.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Also people seem to be overlooking the fact that Nighteye used his power to look into Mirio's future and saw him as a great hero, regardless of whether he lost his powers or Eri magically gives them back. It's nice because it gives Mirio hope. Even if he is powerless forever he is still a hero.
    I'm just wondering if he would have said that regardless of what he actually saw, given that he finally figured out his predictions are not infallible. He could have seen Mirio as a bum and still said he'd be a hero to compel Mirio to make it so. Though maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it, he most likely saw a good future.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Yeah even if he did see him as a bum, he now knows that you can change it. So he inspires Mirio to not give up and keep being a hero.

But most likely, he saw him being a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Japan has made us believe that total destruction of the digestive system is not a cause of death.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Looks like Bandai-Namco is teasing a MHA game to revealed in ten days: http://mhaoj.bn-ent.net/

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    My actual issue here is that all we've seen her fight are big enemies.
    Her problem is that she's not good at minimizing damage.

That's why she explained how Izuku kept it to a minimum.
    Last edited by King Cannon; November 24th, 2017 at 06:26 AM.

Hori's amazing at drawing expressions, this is truly heartbreaking.
    Also odd about how all the exceptionally useful/strong quirks from this are gone from the story. Overhaul has no hands anymore, Nighteye is dead, Mirio's quirk is disabled and it doesn't look like Eri will learn to control her quirk anytime soon, I wonder if that's intentional.

Wow! I really didn't think I'd be one of the grumpier people here about nakama power copout.

The problem for me with stuff like this is that there was zero foreshadowing. We have months and months of reading about the absolute nature of Foresight. It's drilled into our heads that nothing can change the future, ever. We get this from Nighteye's exposition himself (smart guy! glasses and everything!) and the word-of-god narration, which oscillates back and forth between Future-Izuku (knows everything!) and generic "Quirk Explainer Man" voice. We've been given zero reason to doubt any of this. The "unreliable narrator" is a thing in fiction, but unless future-Izuku is actually fucking with us, that's not the case here!

What this needed was a seemingly throwaway moment, completely glossed over, where some tiny detail of a future vision changed because a character involved felt strongly about it. Like Rock Lock really wants to see his ugly baby again, so he gets stabbed in a slightly different spot by Toga where there aren't internal organs. Or something even more inconsequential, like which Pretty Yure character Eri gets as a gift from the mob mook. And Nighteye says, "Well golly gee that's weird!" or gives a stoic "..." and the seed is planted for the magical power of positive thinking victory. As it is, this feels like Horikoshi wrote himself into a corner and resorted to Shonen Trope #3 to wrap things up (see: the mosaic of ancillary characters cheering for Izuku that didn't actually happen!), instead of the more obvious/reasonable route (Eri literally screws with the timelines of individuals- just give that explanation Nighteye, you dead doofus) or something even tricksier, like a Jojo-esque setup where perspective and conveniently placed ketchup packets make for a convincing death vision and everyone has a big laugh about it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Overhaul has no hands anymore, Nighteye is dead, Mirio's quirk is disabled and it doesn't look like Eri will learn to control her quirk anytime soon, I wonder if that's intentional.
    I bet it is intentional!
    Otherwise we'd have all sorts of "why didn't Gandalf ask eagles to fly them to Mt. Doom from the start" moments going forward.
    "Why didn't Nighteye map out everyone's future and tell them that that's the basic gist but if they gather 17 of their closest friends and wish hard enough, anything's possible?"
    "Why doesn't Mirio beat every villain ever because he's a BAMF?"
    "Why doesn't Eri team up with a teleporter to heal every hero forever?
    Last edited by CCC; November 24th, 2017 at 09:26 AM.

Having the more broken Quirks out of the story should at least help make then next arcs feel a bit less...Hectic? Make the series feel more normal.

Hopefully the next chapter takes us back to the school. I miss the student interactions. But now I wonder what the focus will be on for now. I didn't get the feeling of knowing what the next goal was. I just realized that Deku just lost his boss.

Idunno, the narrative suffered this arc, but if you expend all your life with your rules, you kind of block yourself from the posibilities.

Yeah, it should have been expanded on how Nighteye arrived at the "it's inevitable, it's impossible" conclusion, like he tried to save someone for a good part of his youth, only for them to die just as predicted. That's the thing with prophecy without time travel, you can't really experiment of "what would have happened if..."
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information