+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hero Academia - Grand Theft Mano

Default Re: Boku no Hero Academia

Spoiler:
    Chapter 17 Link: http://www.imagebam.com/image/7dab2a361287278

It seems Kacchan is getting less of a jerk.
    The team strategy to get out of the "lab" and calling for help is great! :)
    The other Villain took a direct SMASH, from Midoriya, and it didn't nothing! O_O Let's see what a ALL MIGHT SMASH do!

Chapter 18 -> All Might Slaughter Incoming!!

Can someone highlight why is this good? I've seen an Tsuna-like protagonist, which is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
    Can someone highlight why is this good? I've seen an Tsuna-like protagonist, which is not a good thing.
    I don't understand why people say that Midoriya is a Tsuna-like protagonist! They basically has nothing of importance in common. Is because of the design? Because he is weak? Because his power comes from someone else?

It makes a long time since I read Reborn! but If I remember correctly Tsuna was a weak kid that was forcefully given power from reborn and was forced through every Mafia related situation in a way or another. He was a kid that mainly only cared about his girl crush and was always complaining about the things Reborn forced him into.

Now, Midoriya is a boy with a dream. Become a hero, but he doesn't have power, but even then he go forward trying to get that dream. Because he doesn't have powers he studies every Hero and Wannabe Hero powers from the best uses of their abilities to the best counters of them and also studies what to do in heroic situations.
    Even with all that work he realizes it isn't enough for him to turn into a hero, but his favorite idol appears before him and makes a proposition, transfer his power to him, he rapidly and with certainty accepts that proposition.
    Yep he is always a wreck of nervous and negativity until now, but that is because not only he is weaker and inexperienced compared to the others that have their own abilities and have it since kindergarten, but because he thinks he isn't good enough and sees failure as the most probable event to occur.

How is Tsuna, the guy that gets forced to do things by getting shot in the face, like Midoriya that even when thinking he will not be able to do something forces himself to at least try.

Tried to preorder the first volume, but it's sold out on Amazon Japan. Guess that's a good sign.....

Midoriya is similar but is a willing protagonist. Tsuna was unwilling since jump street and became the reluctant hero.

Different character type, but looks and some personality traits are similar.

It looks like volume 1 of Boku no Hero Academia is selling really fast as same speed as Naruto's new volume:
    http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-28006.html

Didn't it came out today? And already sold out? Daaaaang, that's good.

I have to say that I'm very impressed with this story as of right now. It's taking a popular, yet common topic and adding an original twist. The characters are well written and the story execution is very impressive/getting more impressive.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Chapter 6 is out, and it is good.

Spoiler:
    I like the 'minimize the damage' approach a lot, reminiscent of Luffy's fighting style of assuming a certain burden of damage but pushing on ahead anyway. I also really like nullification powers, so the teacher guy just got pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fdsfgfs View Post
    Chapter 6 is out, and it is good.

Spoiler:
    I like the 'minimize the damage' approach a lot, reminiscent of Luffy's fighting style of assuming a certain burden of damage but pushing on ahead anyway. I also really like nullification powers, so the teacher guy just got pretty cool.
    Aizawa's my favorite character! I can't wait til you guys get to read the next arc, though! And the arc after that one!

MHA is fucking awesome, and I'm so glad I'm the one who got to be the translator for it

I'll see if I get the time to read this manga.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

My thoughts on MHA and Horikoshi:

When I read the first chapter, I was just thrilled that Horikoshi was back—that he hadn’t been discouraged by his second cancellation and that he’d grace the world with his manga again! That the first chapter also happened to be Romance Dawn-level brilliant (doubtlessly it will be remembered as iconic as well, for all the emotion and sheer heart it exudes) was just icing on the cake. I used to feel really sad that Bulge never got anywhere, thinking he’d be discouraged from trying again if it was cancelled and it was still pretty decent and he’d improve over time if allowed to. Now I’m glad it got cancelled, because MHA is magic and absolutely deserves its explosion of recognition. And I was a fool for thinking a born mangaka of Horikoshi’s caliber would be discouraged by a mere obstacle like two cancellations.

At first, I was legitimately curious how Izuku would become a hero without a quirk, so I was kinda disappointed when he ended up being granted one—though he did work extremely hard just to earn a place on the starting line, like he said. I was also initially more disappointed than amazed when he smashed the giant robot in the third chapter—already at full power!? Finally, I had misgivings about the setting: surely the whole world of superheroes concept had been run into the ground?

But then Horikoshi started impressing me with his solid, extremely likeable characters and I was hooked for good. In fact, the world of superheroes setting, in many ways, is PERFECT for Horikoshi’s strengths.

1. First and foremost, his character designs! They’re Oda-level varied, creative, and full of that vim of life that’s hard to pinpoint exactly.
    2. The honest-to-a-fault goody-two-shoes protagonist he seems to love, which is well-suited to the occupation of heroism.
    3. Characters that don’t take themselves too seriously—they’re vying for the right to wear spandex, after all. And they have that cartoony feel to go with it.

I read in the inside cover of Vol. 1 that this time around he’s simply drawing a manga that’s fun for him personally, and you can really tell.

For one, his artstyle is so expressive, and that’s what manga is all about to me. Contrast this with BLEACH, where the only expressions are smug superiority 1 and smug superiority 2, with maybe a dash of oh shit face now and again. Secondly, he’s really drawing from a huge well of inspiration with the motif of Silver Age superhero comics, evident in the American comic book cover design of the color covers and the way All Might’s shading is different (it’s even drawn attention to at one point, specifically called “Silver Age style,” a reference I’m not sure many readers would understand!).

I can’t wait for Fallen Angels to catch up, because the current arc is edge-of-your-seat for sure, and every chapter is just as badass and exciting as the one before. I honestly think the series is OP level already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    snip
    whats the current japanese chapter count?

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    whats the current japanese chapter count?
    17 chapters have been released as of this date.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Chapter 18: http://www.imagebam.com/image/c8b6d2362783834

Spoiler:
    How in the hell this villains know about All Might wound? Are they in any way related with how he got that wound in the first place?

All Might showed what a true Hero his. Instead of going into a rampage he first prioritized saving the people in a pinch. Did I looked wrong or the Black villain only survived because of the stupid black mist guy? That Mist guy is pissing me of. Good that in this chapter he received an Explosion in the Face and what it seems can't move.

Now the 2 most OP guys in the class are here, The explosion and Ice kids. Only the Lightning dude is missing, but supposedly he fighting against a lighting resistant villain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Chapter 18: http://www.imagebam.com/image/c8b6d2362783834

Spoiler:
    How in the hell this villains know about All Might wound? Are they in any way related with how he got that wound in the first place?

All Might showed what a true Hero his. Instead of going into a rampage he first prioritized saving the people in a pinch. Did I looked wrong or the Black villain only survived because of the stupid black mist guy? That Mist guy is pissing me of. Good that in this chapter he received an Explosion in the Face and what it seems can't move.

Now the 2 most OP guys in the class are here, The explosion and Ice kids. Only the Lightning dude is missing, but supposedly he fighting against a lighting resistant villain right now.
    I wish I could read Chinese! But I've just gotta wait for JUMP.

Does anyone know where I can find Vol. 1 scans online? I did my script for the omake but I don't want to rip up my copy for scanning

I am just so eager to see where this series goes.

So glad that Horikoshi finally gets a hit with this manga. The man really deserve this good moment. I love the superhero theme, just finish reading chapter 6 and i want more.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

I hope Frog-girl will be and stay relevant. She´s one of the reasons why I´m interested in this series, I really like her design.

Boku no pico ?

(Just for the 16 characters.)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information