+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    I started playing Monster Hunter World a week ago. I'm still trying out weapons to find out which i like most but so far i prefer the more "mobile" weapons like the Dual Blades. I tried the Insect Glaive yesterday and it's also really fun. Although i don't know how that Kinsect works yet ...
    It's a really good game and i'm enjoying it a lot more than the beta that i tried before the release. I heard it gets even better after you reach stronger monsters (i'm just Level 3 right now) and really have to be prepared for specific fights which was'nt necessary so far, so ... looking forward to it!
    Dual Blades are great starter weapons (and pretty good solo ones). Maybe a little simple, but every once in a while you get one of those sliding-downhill pirouetting spin attacks down the full length of a Deviljho and it will keep you coming back for more.

Behemoth launches Summer August as part of the next update. First official gameplay goes live July 15th.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

- How much?
    - Nothing, it's free.
    - Free!? All that new content for FREE!?

Universing Misunderstandal

Damn, Behemoth is so biiiig. Those wide arms are so intimidating and powerful, though they mostly showed him roaring lightning and raining meteors.
    Sadly it looks like it may be on its own, but I'm stoked to see him in action on the 15th gameplay stream.
    I would wager a guess that crystal wielding Kulu Ya-Ku won't be dropping his newfound weapon until you beat him or down him, probably will be a one-time deal like the Luna/Deviljho special event quests.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

He's got muscles like Rajang except he's as big as a house. I'll attempt to avoid watching any gameplay so I can get a nice blind run.

this game is still so good

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    probably will be a one-time deal like the Luna/Deviljho special event quests.
    Doubtful, it has its own cinematic intro. I could be wrong, but I think this upgrade for Kulu is going to be a permanent thing after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Doubtful, it has its own cinematic intro. I could be wrong, but I think this upgrade for Kulu is going to be a permanent thing after the update.
    I should have phrased that better, I agree that I don't think it'll disappear.
    I meant to say you probably can't refight it, unless they treat it different than previous special assignments/story quests that lock after completion.

They could give him a random chance to dig up crystals after or bring it back as an event quest, which I'd be fine with, that's fun.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund

That I agree. I guess it can be a random thing.

But more importantly... just when we thought the Gajalaka were a pain in the ass, here come the Cactuar.

Here's the bulk of what you need to know about Behemoth.

- It's a special assignment that unlocks at HR 16 or and above
    - Behemoth location is the Elder Recess
    - The quest must be completed under 35 minutes. No multiplayer scaling
    - According to the producer, it poses the most difficult challenge players will face off, to the point they recommend to max out equipment
    - The battle mechanics that are implemented for this monster are brought directly from FFXIV
    - After the update, Cactuar will invade the Wildspire Waste and Kulu may get a hold of the Aetherite to tackle hunters
    - An event quest featuring an even more dangerous Behemoth will be available later

Is there a guide listing the best weapon for each monster ?

After watching Behemoth get solo'd without a Palico gives me determination that I'll be able to beat it too... if I don't time out with my defensive build.
    Aside from that, Arch Tempered Teostra, Kushala and Extreme Behemoth have all been announced.
    What's in a name?

It's soloable. Like any other monster. To triumph you only need the same as always: strategy, learn the monster patterns, and time your attacks and dodges properly.

Speaking of which, they managed to make Kulu an Elder Dragon threat level. The bastard even casts Heal magic on itself, that crystal really is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    It's soloable. Like any other monster. To triumph you only need the same as always: strategy, learn the monster patterns, and time your attacks and dodges properly.

Speaking of which, they managed to make Kulu an Elder Dragon threat level. The bastard even casts Heal magic on itself, that crystal really is something.
    The Kulu Yaku was far less annoying than any phase of Behemoth with minds eye or attracting the Barroth and Anjanath to distract it.
    Honestly, Behemoth wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for those tornadoes.

Got to its third stage dropping safety rocks a few times, but it times out before the transition to the final phase.
    I think I'm going to wait until I have a better set-up before I can finish the quest proper.
    It is crazy weak to dragon element, as my bonelance defensive build matches the output from my all-out Odogaron crit build.
    Just need more lance streamstones to get my health augment on my Deviljho lance...

At least the Drachen Gear can be obtained with the Palico Plunderblade and breaking the horns, tail and claws.
    Really want that armor for its skills and set bonuses, just need a few more hornbreaks and tailbreaks
    What's in a name?

I tried Dual Blades against him solo and ran out of time. I got him limping but since he uses the wind attack in the last phase, I knew it would be difficult to finish. Those attacks stay on the map WAYYYY too long for my liking. It feels like they last longer than Kushala's. I might try again but there's a chance I resort to using cluster bombing

Also, you can dodge the meteor with the FF jump gesture. I'm 1/1 on my attempts so far, but maybe that was beginner's luck.

Flash pods will stop Behemoth from casting Charybdis. Also, I do recommend if you intend to solo it, that you focus all your attacks on its front legs, then hit the head when it falls down. Dragon element works wonders, more so than water.

Apparently getting a mount allows you to stay on Behemoth preventing him from attacking unless his horns are broken, which will stagger him and knock you down.
    If enough damage is done to him during the 2nd and 3rd phases while the mountee sticks to him, he will immediately drop comets and then summon Ecliptic meteor, meaning he won't have a chance to destroy your cover.
    It's best to get a mount with a weapon that won't eat up your stamina beforehand (cries in lance) and to have skills that allow you to mount faster and prevent stamina from falling fast (raise stamina cap, horn buffs, felyne rider, mounting master, dash juice, latent power).

Unfortunately, I can't make use of any of that unless I play with a Palico Rally set and grab a Gajalaka sniper, hoping it survives the first stage since running to get it once stage 2 starts means letting Behemoth heal (the most annoying thing solo).

However, another gimmicky thing to do is to lure Behemoth under a collapsible crystal in the first area and make it fall to sleep, plant bombs, then drop the rocks for massive damage (3k+).
    I'm def going to test these strategies after I level up my Palico's Meowlotov Cocktail... though it might not be as good solo as with a team.
    What's in a name?

I didn't know the damage thresholds worked like this. I just assumed if you loaded up on damage in the first area that he would just hit-and-run in the last 3 areas. Or maybe that's what happens if you don't get enough damage in?

A few observations people have noticed:

- When encountering Behemoth after triggering its cutscene, occasionally he will walk past you without a reaction, until either a few seconds have passed or the player attacks the first.
    - When performing any of the spells he harnesses, the Behemoth will first stay still while is charging the spell, then roar into the sky.
    - Behemoth raises one of his arms and charges it with energy before slamming the ground and trigger a large radius explosion.

This behavior is not new. There's another monster out there that adopts same stances: Zinogre. And coincidence or not, it also happens to be a mammal with canine features and horns.

What I'm saying is that Behemoth skeleton could be used for that monster. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say the Zinogre skeleton was used for Behemoth.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information