+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Hunted the base set of elder dragons, with the wind one being THE WORST, can't even cut it's tail before I have to kill him or die. Zombie, Fire, Kirin and Nergigante being manageable, and the end boss and Zorah being somewhat of a pain more than a challenge.
    I can mostly agree with this, though Tempered Kirin still gives me fits.

Kushala is the least fun hunt in the game, save maybe Zorah, which is really more of an event than a hunt.

Have you started SOSing or joining investigations yet? Pretty much going to need to for Kulve and Behemoth. Behemoth is really impressive though not that fun, but Kulve is a great fight.

Haven't helped any sos. Is behemut out on PC?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I will always love what they did with the final boss. It's a newborn, and it shows during battle. It isn't intended to be a challenge, but to give us a taste of what is essentially a monster that lacks the experience of a real Elder Dragon.

Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure one day we're going to face off with the fully matured Xeno'Jiiva.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

It makes me feel particulary bad, there are some sounds that it makes that make me feel like a monster.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Haven't helped any sos. Is behemut out on PC?
    Don't think so on Behemoth. Think it's caught up to Lunastra and that's it at this point?

Turns out I only faced a LR kirin. And all my good armor is weak to thunder. ALL of it.

It was hard T_T
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Kirin's a son-of-a-gun. Pretty much need a dedicated anti-Kirin set.

Seems like more dedicated players have sets for just about every elder, but I mainly just have a few decoration places dedicated to different anti-elder things, like miasma, fire, etc.

You think Kirin is bad? Pray they don't add Rajang to World, otherwise you'll know the true meaning of pain.

Does anyone think they'd ever make a spinoff of this franchise where you fight more Gothic like monsters and less dinosaurs? like vampires werewolves etc.?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Considering the hit it is right now, the sky is the limit. But this game isn't made to fight such small opponents.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The smallest large monster you're ever going to encounter in MH would be Kirin. From there it only goes up.

Consider me a hater of tempered Kirin, fuck that horse.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Consider me a hater of tempered Kirin, fuck that horse.
    I have some bad news for ya.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Does anyone think they'd ever make a spinoff of this franchise where you fight more Gothic like monsters and less dinosaurs? like vampires werewolves etc.?
    I mean, that's Bloodborne. Mechanics are pretty different, but think they've probably got the market cornered on difficult Gothic Monster Hunts.

Unless Castlevania: Lords of Shadow gets a remaster. Which, I mean, I can dream.

Beat the fucking Kirin after like 7 attempts. Didn't realize that I still need to farm the streamstones for unlocking aguments.

Meh, I'll finish the pokedex first, only the alts, the regular elders, and that annoying lava piscine to go.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Beat the fucking Kirin after like 7 attempts. Didn't realize that I still need to farm the streamstones for unlocking aguments.

Meh, I'll finish the pokedex first, only the alts, the regular elders, and that annoying lava piscine to go.
    Are you soloing him? I usually use the Anja Arch or one of the fire hammers I have and then I'll rotate the thunderproof and vitality mantle with thunder resistant armor and gems. With a bow, he might be too easy if you know what you're doing, but it's a nice challenge with a hammer.

Just collecting the last few mantles, after I got rocksteady, I decided to swap out my Bazelgeise gear for the ear protection, into the offensive bonus for Nergigante, so I have 2 for Rathalos and 3 for Nergigante to get that sweet sweet lifesteal.

Still dancing around with elemental swords, tried to invest into a hammer build, but dunno what to do.

I still have tons of armors to collect, but frankly I doubt I'll ever do it beyond what is useful, as I see the "Bone armor beta" pieces that I have and I think "why would I wear this?" and I share a similar feeling with a ton of the stuff on the forge.

Maybe if there was a transmog system like wow's, as I was kind of enthralled by Bazel's lion-like headpiece, but I dislike nergigante's unapealing horns.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Universing Misunderstandal

Looks like the new patch wasn't a title update, bringing us AT Lunastra and Zorah, along with:
    Spoiler:
    the data for AT Xeno's armor and the next seasonal event.

Seems like it's going to be a long time between new monsters, unless they throw something in between the releases of the AT mons and the seasonal event.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

Fuck Kushala Daora. Half an hour and who remembers how many resources down the drain for like 4 scales.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Never get into a battle with Kushala Daora without bringing flash pods first. Unless you are equipped with a set that gives you Wind Pressure resistance/immunity.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information