+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

What rank do you have to be to do that quest? Still working my way through, slowly, since me and my friend can only play a few hours at a time on weekends, and I'm busy anyway. Still haven't gotten to the +equipment and high level monsters yet. (I know that's like, rank 11?)

Still not high enough to do the Horizon quest, which dissapoints me, though I do have my kitty dressed as a Zoid now. (Sadly its kind of... the worst armor defense wise?)

Tobi Kadachi is still by far my favorite. I have so many armors and weapons from him, I feel bad.
    Last edited by Robby; February 8th, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It is the awful part of this game, that if you love a critter design, you have to kill (or capture and somehow non lethaly extract it's heart) for armor and weapons.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Still haven't gotten to the +equipment and high level monsters yet. (I know that's like, rank 11?)
    *spits drink across room, through the wall, across town, around the globe, into orbit, past Mars, pierces the limit of the known universe*

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    *spits drink across room, through the wall, across town, around the globe, into orbit, past Mars, pierces the limit of the known universe*
    I only just started the game. And I've only been playing it with my friend for a couple hours on weekends.

I didn't pick it up a year ago like everyone else did.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It is the awful part of this game, that if you love a critter design, you have to kill (or capture and somehow non lethaly extract it's heart) for armor and weapons.
    there's a definite disconnect between how the narrative treats the critters and how you actually treat the critters
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

Some of them make the most pitiful noises when near death.

Like, I'll kill the elders and rathalos like whatever, but poor Dodogama..
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Jagras, Kulu, Dodogama or Kadachi, are some of the non malicious species you can encounter. They would rather mind their business than tackle you. So is natural to feel bad for hunting them.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

The flashy boy is annoying but he's so helpful against skin dog or the ice dragon. Or the goddamned asshole pidgeon dragon.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Or the goddamned asshole pidgeon dragon.
    Boi, you're going to be in for a treat, if a certain demonic ape makes it to the New World.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Finally "beat" the game, yaye!

Pretty much a repeat of the first time around with some new stuff to do. Because I didn't realize some of the walls were climbable until the very end (I didn't last time either...) I screwed up basically every step of the way. Only blew up one of the three crystals on his back, didn't fight the bonus monster, didn't trigger bonus traps.... but unlike how any other game would treat it where the story didn't move until you did do those things... the cinematic just kept going like I was doing all those things. Eventually just went out and fired canons at it for like 10 minutes and a giant spear and I still won.

I think it might be possible to lose if you do literally nothing, but its pretty forgiving and seems to take care of itself. (Maybe the last shot requires you've done X damage though?)

So that done, I finally jumped into the new content to see how the *actual* game feels. Actually being challenged by a pukei pukei thats way more agressive and does more damage, its neat.
    Finally MR 11, I then went off to do the Horizon quest because that's on a limited timer before it goes away for a while....and completely got my shit kicked in by Anjanth. Just utterly destroyed. And it was then I went "Ooooh, this is probably what the gear check was SUPPOSED to feel like the first time around." Cause when I originally fought him I guess I was geared up pretty good by then so I didn't really get why people said he was a stumbling block, but this time around.... he just destroyed me, kept one shotting me, no margin for error. WHELP.

Guess its back to grinding Jagras and Pukei Pukei for a while to get new armor. Sorry Aloy costume.

I settled into using the bow mostly, and have been gearing towards that. Ways to go. I also ultimately settled on spear and shield as my secondary, but I have't practiced with it enough to be comfortable with it yet. ANd the new scarier monsters is probably not the place to practice with it right now.

Also, for the anniversary event, which happens to basically be when I started playing, they gave your sidekick partner a giant goofy cat outfit.... any story cinematic meant to be taken seriously did not have THAT costume in mind for them. I imagine its also weird if you have her dressed as Chun Li or whatever, but especially the giant cat head and pajamas is just... wow. That really breaks the moments. I'm not sure if its terrible or infinitely better as a result.
    Last edited by Robby; February 19th, 2019 at 12:48 AM.

Should see the Witcher content with the Handler in palico costume.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't even qualify Zorah as "beating" the game. It's the intermission. There's still a lot of content beyond the high-rank critters without counting post-launch critters, and there's a very definite "main" boss. You're halfway.

Congrats! The real Dark Souls begins here. [also, this is when the game gets much more rewarding and fun]

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    There's still a lot of content beyond the high-rank critters without counting post-launch critters, and there's a very definite "main" boss. You're halfway.
    Yeah, that's the impression I got, but I got to the point where the secondary armors unlock and the hard rank quests open up, that was the main thing I cared about reaching because spending time grinding the earlier stuff... well, felt like a waste of time considering I knew it was gong to be outclassed immediately.

I've got some Pukei Pukei+ armor now and a super poisoney lance... though my understanding is poison actually kind of sucks but oh well, its a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yeah, that's the impression I got, but I got to the point where the secondary armors unlock and the hard rank quests open up, that was the main thing I cared about reaching because spending time grinding the earlier stuff... well, felt like a waste of time considering I knew it was gong to be outclassed immediately.

I've got some Pukei Pukei+ armor now and a super poisoney lance... though my understanding is poison actually kind of sucks but oh well, its a start.
    The High Rank unlock is great, though it was a little overwhelming for me.

The best part, to me, is that you haven't done the three best hunts yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information