+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Not even hiding in a narrow space will save you. The fucker will just shoot its spikes through the gap for massive damage.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Continuing in High Rank. "Hey, why did the bgm chang- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?"

Guess yourselves which monster is.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

I give this a 9.5/10 so far.

It would get a 10/10 if the targeting system was better but sometimes it just annoys the hell out of me. I swear Ocarina of Time had a better targeting system.
    Besides that, I can't think of any negatives of this game. I'm having a blast and though someone said it's not like dark souls, it's similar enough to get my fix taken care of.

I feel like the monsters are big enough to not really need a targeting system. I didn't play the last couple games on the New 3DS so just having that stick to rotate the camera has been enough for me. Moving around in general is more comfortable and natural without having to fix the camera. I can understand the need for it if there's multiple monsters in the area though.

Glad to see Kirin is still a massive spammer asshole and as much as pain to beat up as always. Actually, he's much harder than in any of its previous appearances, specially because now Elder Dragons do really live up to the environmental disrubters they're meant to be. I just can't strike as much as I would because of thunder storm raining down non-stop. I dread when I have to face off with Kushala Daora and its impenetrable wind barrier.

Universing Misunderstandal

Default Re: Чулки интерне

Wish I had been hunting Investigations since the beginning, and now I find the Plunder Gadget for my Palico gives me even more rewards to help me finish sets faster.
    Still haven't had the need to take off my Low Rank Kirin set since going High Rank, though I probably will have to swap more than one piece of armor to get resilient enough to fight Bazelgeuse.
    I was doing pretty good against him in expedition mode until one of his shells one shot me, so I need to figure out whether that's Kirin's weakness to fire or just pure blast damage gibbing me.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

You're going against Bazelgeuse wearing on the Kirin set? Bad choice, dude. Minecone wyvern deals fire damage, is not wise to face it off with armor that is weak to that element.

This is my first MH experience, so I didn't know it went to high rank. Was it a waste to grind for my low rank Diablos set right before getting to high rank?

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    This is my first MH experience, so I didn't know it went to high rank. Was it a waste to grind for my low rank Diablos set right before getting to high rank?
    I've been wearing mostly Diablos, and I've killed just about everything in high rank again that was present in low rank save for Rathalos, Diablos, and Kirin. So, it can work.
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I've been wearing mostly Diablos, and I've killed just about everything in high rank again that was present in low rank save for Rathalos, Diablos, and Kirin. So, it can work.
    Good to know. I was getting cocky in low rank, thinking I can take on any monster now. Then I found out about high rank and quickly got 1 shotted by Diablos, who I thought I mastered lol

No, it wasn't a waste of time. You'll need high rank armor so you can get away with being hit. It's no fun being KO'd by one attack.

Diablos, Kirin, and Bazel do stupid damage with some of their attacks. Nergigante hits hard with that one move, but the rest of the game is actually pretty tame other than that. I like that chip damage got reduced or in some cases taken out entirely. I have nightmares of fighting Yian Garuga with dual blades

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    You're going against Bazelgeuse wearing on the Kirin set? Bad choice, dude. Minecone wyvern deals fire damage, is not wise to face it off with armor that is weak to that element.
    I just had it on while I was on expedition mode trying to crop up investigations, gotta capture everything for that extra loot.
    Probably will have to put on some more serious hunting gear soon, but I'm stuck farming for Torrent and Inferno Sacs that just don't want to appear.
    Whereas when I was farming Tobi Kadachi, he just gave me more Thunder Sacs than I'll probably ever need, but wouldn't surrender his +pelts.
    Maybe they'll just appear in the Wyverian melding pot now that I've collected so many other materials to feed it...
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    No, it wasn't a waste of time. You'll need high rank armor so you can get away with being hit. It's no fun being KO'd by one attack.

Diablos, Kirin, and Bazel do stupid damage with some of their attacks. Nergigante hits hard with that one move, but the rest of the game is actually pretty tame other than that. I like that chip damage got reduced or in some cases taken out entirely. I have nightmares of fighting Yian Garuga with dual blades
    And do the high rank monster's move sets change? Or just their stats?

This game makes me wish there were more hours in the day cuz it sucks up a lot of time lol

And do the high rank monster's move sets change? Or just their stats?
    I haven't noticed any moveset changes between low and high rank. Their health and attack go up quite a bit and that's about it. And with added health comes different stagger values and more durable body parts. In previous games you need to take a few more % points of health to capture at higher ranks too. Every monster in low-rank has a high-rank counterpart but there are monsters that are only high-rank.

This game makes me wish there were more hours in the day cuz it sucks up a lot of time lol
    It really does. I've actually played a little bit on weekdays and I don't normally do that.

Monsters do gain some new moves in HR, but is barely noticeable. For example, Pukei-Pukei may eat bomb nuts, as this type is not found in the Ancient Forest.

Where it gets more noticeable is in their move patterns. More than once I was caught offguard due to not predicting that.

Then we have things like the different color palette swaps aka subespecies, which come with their own distinct movesets.

Unlike in MH4U, Pink Rathian is a joy to fight with the lance and I'm already taking her down in around 5 mins.
    Seems like she doesn't hit me with her special crazy sweep at all, which bypassed my lance shield over half the time in MH4U.
    That may be because I'm never under her when she decides to use it now, but powershield and counterstrike should cover me.

Probably going to have to stop using my Kirin armor as I start fight everything onward, since Black Diablos demands my stamina be up and she won't go down if I can't block or evade out of her tackles.
    What's in a name?

Bazel is such a pain.

Reminder that Deviljho is coming to World in Spring and we may end up with two party crashers in the same hunt.

Like, imagine having to avoid being carpeted to death, while from the opposite side a huge mad dinosaur is coming to smash you clean with the Great Jagras that has between its teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Reminder that Deviljho is coming to World in Spring and we may end up with two party crashers in the same hunt.

Like, imagine having to avoid being carpeted to death, while from the opposite side a huge mad dinosaur is coming to smash you clean with the Great Jagras that has between its teeth.
    That sounds stressful as hell lol anjanath is still a huge pain in my ass even after beating stronger high rank monsters. I run in terror everytime he gets enraged -__-

Welp.

Love being ganged up on by a Diablos and a black Diablos. First time running into black Diablos and the normal one would not back off. I didn't have any dung to shoo him off and if I wasnt stun killed by black, I'd get blind sided by the regular lol

And what's up with monsters just randomly leaving the area without warning. I finally had black almost beat after dying 4x and right in front of me he digs down and dips out. Soooo frustrating

Side note, blue rathalon is feisty as hell! Downed him first try though. Could not imagine going at these two with a melee weapon. Especially black diablos.

PS does anyone know when the main quests end ? I'm about at the first "slay nergigante" quest

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information