+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default General Monster Hunter Thread

I looked I looked I looked, and I saw no threads. Regardless if there is one, it needed a jumpstart.

Monster Hunter is one if the greatest, if not the greatest Action J-RPG that ever existed. Seriously, for 30-40 bucks you get well over 500 hours of gameplay, battling terrifying monsters with a difficulty scale out the frickin roof.

3U is a great place for people new to the series to jump in (They give a lot of buffs in the beginning, not as punishing until later) and with 4U around the corner, probably my most anticipated game, there is no greater reason to jump in and discuss this great series.

I'd love to discuss this series with any of you and whether you are having trouble with the game, questions, need a friend to play online with, hopefully this thread will be of use.

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Forever stuck on 3ds so no online for me :PProud lance user, but haven't used much in G rank until I have a good armor set for it.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

It always looked like a nice game to me but i don't know if i'd really like it. I tried the 3 Ultimate demo, and the gameplay was actually fun ... but i just got frustrated because i was dying all the time ...

Maybe i'll look into it again when the new game comes out.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

My first experience with the franchise was with MH3 on Wii and I totally fall in love with it.
    How many hours I spent with that game.
    It's a shame the 3DS version doesn't have online since that's the strong side of the game.
    there's nothing greater than hunt with your friends.

I'm totally getting the 4th installment on day one.
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    It always looked like a nice game to me but i don't know if i'd really like it. I tried the 3 Ultimate demo, and the gameplay was actually fun ... but i just got frustrated because i was dying all the time ...

Maybe i'll look into it again when the new game comes out.
    The demo is shit. It just throws you in the game with no directions at all. The only thing I can tell you is just to buy the game and start from the beginning , read all of the text, and slowly plow through it. You will be good at it in no time, it just takes a little.

Btw I would get 3U for now, it has tons of monsters that 4U wont have, so if you play 4U and decide that you want to play some new monsters, you may be disappointed that 4U improved so much on 3U and you wouldnt enjoy it as much.

@ Hekti: Me too! I already pre-ordered it an everything. The amount of content in 4U is staggering.

So I just watched an intro of the final boss. Needless to say I'm absolutely terrified, heard THAT thing moves faster than friggin Alatreon.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Details on "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's" localization:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/reno/blo...imate-question

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Imma squeeze more hours into 3U im almost clocked to 400 hours, the game is addicting I cannot wait for 4U!!!!

3ds: Jonnyboy0079 0001-3313-0073
    US Battle.Net Real ID: JonnyBoy#1119

What are the chances I can finish MH3 before the 4th one comes out? and I don't start it for another two weeks or so
    Last edited by NateRich; January 14th, 2015 at 04:55 PM. Reason: 0%? Alright thanks

So who else is also enjoying the demo?
    I like the changes they give to the lance.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Forget the lance, my favorites are the insect glaive and the charged axe. The fact the later is an upgraded version of the Axe/Sword makes it gain additional points.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Texture comparison between the New 3DS and Regular 3DS running "Monster Hunt 4 Ultimate":

Spoiler:

http://nintendoeverything.com/monste...ws-on-new-3ds/
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; January 19th, 2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: dead link

AP Discord

Is it wrong of me to say that the comparison has made me less apt to upgrading to a New 3DS?

I really wanted to like Monster Hunter, but I tried the demo on my 3DS and I really didn't like it :( I've heard it was not a very good demo, though...
    DS Friend Code for Pokemon: 4339-2587-4129

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Is it wrong of me to say that the comparison has made me less apt to upgrading to a New 3DS?
    Well, here's another comparison:

Spoiler:

I can definitely see why though. The differences aren't that "major" (but it definitely does look better on the N3DS).

Here's full footage of the demo for anyone interested: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/613451856

AP Discord

AP Discord

I am so happy. Please stomp on me too khezu i wait for you

I've been getting my feet wet in Monster Hunter, starting with the 3rd one since I got in on some sale forever ago. And 20 hours in, it feels like I've haven't accomplished anything lol. I've completed some 3 star quests but I've gathered materials for only 1 decent weapon so far and it's one of those jumbo swords so I'd rather not buy it. The game is fun to play but after 20 hours I doubt that I scratched the surface.

It's fairly challenging, I can't believe I ran out of time to beat the Qurupeco on my first try. FIFTY minutes or slashing away and I couldn't win But I did win on my second try at around 35 minutes I think. Packing extra paintballs helps a ton

Still nowhere close to finishing 3U on the 3DS but I recently got 4U and I love it. Need to increase my skills with it but I'm working on it. I haven't been with the series long---I started out on Tri close to when the servers were about to close---but I've spent a decent amount of time on the series.

As far as 4U is concerned, I'm working through the village questions for a while---at least until some point into High Rank---before I try online. Just fought my first Tigrex the other day though. I've been looking forward to that. Is anyone else getting/have it?

:O 4U is allready out in Europe? Damn, my body was not ready. I'll just go and run right to the gameshop and buy it <3
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information