+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter V

Default Re: Street Fighter V

If Poison is in, I'm extremely interested.

Otherwise, meh.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Banchous are Rival Schools thingie.

I was half serious when I mentioned this series before, and even a quarter serious when I said Rival Schools vs. Darkstalkers. The ammount of charisma and charm would just make the tv screen implode.
    Oh, I know that. Bring some more RS characters in to make Sakura feel comfortable, that's fine. I'm just thinking of the banchou concept arts I've seen, I think they were considering one before deciding on Juri.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    If Poison is in, I'm extremely interested.

Otherwise, meh.
    To be fair Poison and Hugo we're only in Ultra because they were going to waste in SFxT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Well it isn't a timed exclusive just confirmed via PSExperience
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Fighting gamers who were hoping for more than just the PS4 for SFV just got XBoned.

It seems one of the reasons the Xbone got shafted is because of the cross play between PS4 and PC.

Excited to see more gameplay at capcom cup in a week, but from what we got so far

-guard breaks?
    -chun did an OTG attack like from Darkstalkers, maybe they want to steer the game away from revolving around wakeup shenanigans
    -is it just me, or do these combos look more like chains than links?
    -breaking the sign as you pass by, and then breaking the wall. destructible environment maybe a focus, perhaps the wall break is more of a way to get out of the corner, rather than an opportunity for big damage like in Injustice.
    -I think Chun was able to follow up on her Super Art, which is a rarity in current SFIV
    -both characters did a charge move thing and got glowy hands. maybe like Angry Scar? or another meter involved?

It's hard to tell what's really going on without seeing the meters and stuff, but I'm very excited. I wonder if there will be more characters available at CC?

I can already see crapcom when they announce the first of thousands SF V rereleases, that Ultimate Turbo SF V Championchip edition will also come to the Lunchbox Done, cause they consider it a different game from core SF V, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    I can already see crapcom when they announce the first of thousands SF V rereleases, that Ultimate Turbo SF V Championchip edition will also come to the Lunchbox Done, cause they consider it a different game from core SF V, lol.
    Featuring Asura from Asura's Wrath.

I have to admit, I'm quite impressed.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

I was under the impression that part of the reason it isn't on Xbox is because Xbox straight-up refuses to allow crossplay. So they considered the PC+PS4 base combined was more valuable than the One+PS4 base seperately. wiiu was obviously never even in contention.

Or, if what people are saying is true, then Sony bankrolled production, and has some say over its exclusivity.

All I know is, there's probably an actual reason they left xboners out in the cold on this one, and I don't see why it would change.

Sony were pretty clear at their presentation that they have an actual financial stake in the game. I also feel like they flat out said the PS4 is the only console it will ever be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Corson D. Burley View Post
    Sony were pretty clear at their presentation that they have an actual financial stake in the game. I also feel like they flat out said the PS4 is the only console it will ever be on.
    Suuuuure, that Street Fighter V will be on. They didn't say shit about Super Street Fighter V.

It's fucking Capcom. It doesn't matter if Sony flatout paid for the games development, they'd find a way in the fine print and getting out of it.

Cuz Sony is dumb enough to fund the game witht heir money not knowing Capcom's way of releasing multiple Street Fighter games.

Boyes and Ono made it straight... This game wouldn't have been made, or better not anytime soon, if not for Sony. Similar as Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo.

So I bet Sony has been smart enough to prevent Capcom using s simple upgraded rerelease on the XBox One... Just make a contract with everything with Street Fighter V in the name being PS4 only.

This would include Hyper, Omega, Ultra, Super and what the fuck else.

And yeah it's fucking Capcom... But look... Dead Rising 3 is still XBone only... Cuz let me bet... MS was smart as well pretending fucking Capcom from shitting on them

PS
    The gameplay is fantastic. Can't wait for it

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I'm guessing it's a timed exclusive.
    Turns out it's not timed exclusive.

Sony or Playstation agreed to help fund the game development if Capcom make the game exclusive on Ps4. So I think this is a done deal, if Capcom releases SFV on Xbox one then that will mean a breach of agreement and Sony will have all the right to sue them for all the money they used to fund it. Well I believe this how this stuff works.

When big companies do an agreement like this don't even try to turn on it.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

I call bullshit on it wouldn't have been made without sonys money. I mean it's one of the biggest fighting franchises. I'm sure they would have found the money to do SF V on both consoles. But they will do it with Super SF V, 9 months later anyway. xD

I call bullshit on it wouldn't have been made without sonys money. I mean it's one of the biggest fighting franchises. I'm sure they would have found the money to do SF V on both consoles. But they will do it with Super SF V, 9 months later anyway. xD
    And yet one wonders why Dead Rising 3 is still only available to Xbox One and as of this writing PC owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

You really think Sony is stupid? Do you?

BTW
    Where is Super Dead Rising 3 for PS4 or Titantall Ps4 edition?

Let's talk rosters, this other stuff is stupid.

Ryu is doing a Denjin Hadouken, which is something he learns around SFIII time. That might give us a hint as to where the game is situated on the timeline, and may suggest using the SFIII cast as a base. Or at least making an effort to include them.

I still think we'll get a large number of SFII characters, but dudes like Honda and Deejay are just honestly not big draws compared to more popular characters like Juri or Dudley, so I don't think they'll go out of their way to have a SFII reunion like they did in SFIV. I also expect 4 newcomers and a new boss character.

something to consider, though, is that Arika owns the rights to the EX characters, so Skullomania, Karin, and the rest are stuck in limbo. But that doesn't stop capcom from making a new totally-not-skullomania character and putting it in, which I would like to see. Maybe spin it as a heel that El Fuerte fights? But then again, El Fuerte is one that I don't expect to return, it's only very recently that anybody likes him, and only because /r/kappa sponsors Pepeday.

Also got to think about who would make story sense to include, and who would work well with a more offensive meta. damn I love roster speculation, this is just what I needed after cooling down from smash bros hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    You really think Sony is stupid? Do you?

BTW
    Where is Super Dead Rising 3 for PS4 or Titantall Ps4 edition?

I am gonna save this post for months and years to come and gonna rub it in your face when there will be a SF V version on the bone. Muahahahahah. Lol.

No, seriously though, all jokes aside, I am a sony fan since the origina playstation and don't care for street fighter whatsoever. If they really secured all things SF V for PS4 for ever, then I am happy for them.^^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information