Karin
    Charles
    Jean
    Q
    Oro
    The russian guy that its not Zangief.

Default Re: Street Fighter V

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Let's talk rosters, this other stuff is stupid.

Ryu is doing a Denjin Hadouken, which is something he learns around SFIII time. That might give us a hint as to where the game is situated on the timeline, and may suggest using the SFIII cast as a base. Or at least making an effort to include them.
    Wasn't III's weird and bland as hell cast why most II and Alpha fans ignored it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

About roster.

If this is really after III or close to it, I'm really interested if Gouken will be in.

Some wishes outside from the obvious.

Charlie
    Oro
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Wasn't III's weird and bland as hell cast why most II and Alpha fans ignored it?
    it's also the game that the community played for a decade or so, and many players today got their start in 3rd strike days. Though even more just got in with SFIV, in which case they're used to seeing Ibuki and Dudley and such in their game. They're no longer the "new weirdos", is what I'm saying.

I think the reason people shunned SFIII at first was because it took out EVERYONE, even Chun-Li wasn't in the first version. I don't think it was the fault of the new characters themselves, just that they replaced all the classic ones.

But then, I wasn't playing fightan much at all back then, so I don't really know what people's reactions were at the time. Makes me wish King_of_Sarus was still around, he might know this stuff.

But just looking around online, eventhubs and other SF-associated sites, people are excited about the idea that it might return a lot of SFIII characters. They want Urien, Q, Alex, they definitely don't want to lose Dudley and Makoto, etc. Nobody seems to care about Twelve or Remy, though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Here is my wish list for returning fighters-
    The russian guy that its not Zangief.

who?

If this is taking place after SF3, I'm interested in seeing what's Sakura been up to between 4 and 5
    Last edited by y2kyle89; December 7th, 2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: She wasn't in 3 IIRC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

[FONT=Verdana]
    who?
    The white and blue guy from SFIII.

The white and blue guy from SFIII.
    Do you mean Necro?
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

Quote Originally Posted by joesephes View Post
    Do you mean Necro?
    See, to me, I would identify Necro as many other things before "russian who isn't zangief". "stretchy armed freak who isn't dhalsim", "electric fucker who isn't blanka", "white and blue darkstalkers looking sumbitch", etc.

I was really hoping that Street Fighter V would be a 'futuristic' Street Fighter in the sense that either characters would be much older, the children of fighters would participate with their paternal moveset, and the plot would move A LOT more. But... meh. We'll see.

Roster-wise, I only really want Cammy and Necro.
    Last edited by Insider2000; December 7th, 2014 at 08:31 PM.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

...I guess I am the sole fan of Twelve and El Fuerte...
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Sooo..Roster and where this one will take place in the SF timeline ?

Last time we saw Ryu he was with Oro...
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

It'd be nice if Sakura grew up *someday*. I know the damn sailor outfit is "iconic" but really, long as she has the headband and gloves she looks like Sakura. She needs to get out of the jailbait outfit already, its been like 20 years.

SF 1 -> SF 4 -> SF 2 -> SF 3 -> SF 5

Is that right ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

An older Sakura would be nice, but I still want her in the sailor uniform because I love the idea that she's failed to graduate from High school because she spends too much time fighting and not enough time studying.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It'd be nice if Sakura grew up *someday*. I know the damn sailor outfit is "iconic" but really, long as she has the headband and gloves she looks like Sakura. She needs to get out of the jailbait outfit already, its been like 20 years.
    Eeehhhh. She says she wears it because 'she finds it comfortable'. She's graduated high school by Street Fighter 4, but wears it because it's what she prefers to wear. At the same time, I kind of feel some characters wear their outfit as kind of a 'uniform to who they are as a fighter'. Kind of like how Chun-Li wears her usual outfit despite being Interpol.

Regardless, I would actually be really happy if Sakura wore more jogger jumpsuits or a karate gi.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    SF 1 -> SF 4 -> SF 2 -> SF 3 -> SF 5

Is that right ?
    Close.

1->2->4->3

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Eeehhhh. She says she wears it because 'she finds it comfortable'. She's graduated high school by Street Fighter 4, but wears it because it's what she prefers to wear. At the same time, I kind of feel some characters wear their outfit as kind of a 'uniform to who they are as a fighter'. Kind of like how Chun-Li wears her usual outfit despite being Interpol.

Regardless, I would actually be really happy if Sakura wore more jogger jumpsuits or a karate gi.

Close.

1->2->4->3
    Don't forget Alpha, aka 0.

1->0->2->4->3

and yeah, I wouldn't mind if Sakura used her bloomers+sweatshirt as default uniform. Though that's actually pretty high-school as well, huh.

and yeah, I wouldn't mind if Sakura used her bloomers+sweatshirt as default uniform. Though that's actually pretty high-school as well, huh.
    I was thinking more along the lines of her Street Fighter 4 ending.

Man, those two need to hook up officially already. I know Ryu has basically said that he wants to wait until he no longer wishes to train or fight, but who knows when that will be. Still, you gotta respect the fact that Sakura takes his lack of action as a challenge to train herself in hopes to become as strong as him.

Okay, here's something else on my SFV wishlist - cutscenes that don't suck. If you can't draw or animate, then just use the in-game models. worked well for SFxT.

Can they make the final boss Akuma/Oni?
    I guess its already time Ryu had his deal done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post

Man, those two need to hook up officially already. I know Ryu has basically said that he wants to wait until he no longer wishes to train or fight, but who knows when that will be. Still, you gotta respect the fact that Sakura takes his lack of action as a challenge to train herself in hopes to become as strong as him.

Oh and apparently Ryu X Chun-Li is a thing too

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information