+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter V

Default Re: Street Fighter V

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Kinda relevant.

Birdie is super unpopular. I think it's not so much that he's an actual street fighter, but just that his design is kind of a mess, and he's a big ugly dude. At least he's not as unpopular as Rufus - I think Team EG members might be the only people who actually like him.
    Damn the japanese poll has 7 of the top ten slots filled with female characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I thought Cody was the closest to an actual street fighter.
    Both sort of are. Cody has the weapon usage and is based in a boxing kind of style while Birdie is the token huge thug who fights with brute strength and viciousness.

Kinda relevant.

Birdie is super unpopular. I think it's not so much that he's an actual street fighter, but just that his design is kind of a mess, and he's a big ugly dude. At least he's not as unpopular as Rufus - I think Team EG members might be the only people who actually like him.
    Well, no one like Rufus. Strange that Gill is so unpopular, though.

Kinda surprised at Rufus being so low. I thought he was one of those goofball characters that people were at least ok with.

Kinda relevant.

Chun-Li and Cammy are in the Top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Kinda surprised at Rufus being so low. I thought he was one of those goofball characters that people were at least ok with.
    It's kind of a two handed problem.

On one side, you have people who think he's a gross and unfunny joke character.
    But on the other hand, he's so huge and powerful in the tournament world, that people are sick of him. Seriously, when Rufus mirror matches happen in tournaments, you can hear everyone verbally groan.

I personally have no issue with Rufus. But in terms of the "goofball character", everyone loves themselves some Dan.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

What's surprising about that list to me is how high R. Mika and Karin are. I like them both, but I'd expected Street Fighter 4 to influence opinions. SF4 seems to have done the opposite for every new character except Juri.

Also, I just realized that Street Fighter EX characters aren't included. :(

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Strange that Gill is so unpopular, though.
    It ain't easy being cheesy.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post

Also, I just realized that Street Fighter EX characters aren't included. :(
    Well that's no big surprise since they are Arika's property, not Capcom's.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

I know... I know... :(

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Strange that Gill is so unpopular, though.
    The hate for his Resurrection super is strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

On one side, you have people who think he's a gross and unfunny joke character.
    But on the other hand, he's so huge and powerful in the tournament world, that people are sick of him. Seriously, when Rufus mirror matches happen in tournaments, you can hear everyone verbally groan.

I personally have no issue with Rufus. But in terms of the "goofball character", everyone loves themselves some Dan.

What's surprising about that list to me is how high R. Mika and Karin are. I like them both, but I'd expected Street Fighter 4 to influence opinions. SF4 seems to have done the opposite for every new character except Juri.
    You hit the Rufus issue on the head.

As for Mika, Karin, Q, and some others who haven't been in a SF game for a while yet placed highly, remember that there are people meta-voting. The question was just "who is your favorite", but it's hard to not think that the hidden question is "who would you like to see in the next game". Someone's #1 favorite might be Chun-Li, but realizing that she's always going to be in, voted for Karin instead to try and boost her popularity.

That also explains why the SFI cast got any votes at all, people think it would be cool to see Retsu or Lee or whoever get resurrected.

I don't know if you guys saw Capcom Cup tonight, but...

Hidden:
    Charlie Nash is alive.

Extended trailer and proof of our... friend:

I didn't really see any of that aerial combo stuff people (myself included) thought we'd see. It's really just Chun having a long-ass air string, which she already sort of has.
    also, no guard break meter - just revenge and EX (so like SFIV). I didn't notice any guard breaks from repeated hits in the gameplay, but I'm pretty sure Ryu's EX hadouken breaks it.

the stage transitions are only at end of round, and noodle-bowl chun is godlike. animations looked slick, too. the UI - it's a work in progress. But overall I'm pleased with how it all looks, aesthetically.

and I'm 99% sure that's Charlie, resurrected with Gill's gem bullshit.

also 500k prize pool goddamn

I don't know if you guys saw Capcom Cup tonight, but...

Hidden:
    Charlie Nash is alive.

Wonder how long til Chun-Li's dead father is revealed to not be dead.

OMG... Charlie <3

Same hairstyle, same glasses, a short but awesome orchestrated version of his theme from SFA1&2 playing in the background......yep, that's him! :D

What's new here is that glowing dot on his head. Judging from that, I'm guessing he got revived by the Illuminati (the same organization that Gill and Urien work for) and is now working for them.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

This excites me! I miss a lot of those Alpha/Zero characters, really, but none more so than him.

The thing that I am most looking forward is if Guile's theme will go with everything.

If Charlie is in the game (maybe a mid boss or a secret character), then we can expect to see Guile in the roster ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    If Charlie is in the game (maybe a mid boss or a secret character), then we can expect to see Guile in the roster ?
    I'd hope so. I mean, Guile threw away his family life in attempt to get revenge for Charlie's death. For Charlie to suddenly be alive (and potentially evil due to Gill's resurrection) would be a tremendous blow to Guile.

The only way he's not playable is if Capcom emphasizes that he is either too old to fight (saying that this game is post-SF3), that he is dead, or that Charlie killed him.

I've always thought that maybe Guile's daughter, Amy, might end up being a fighter. It'd be neat considering she'd be cousins with Mel, Ken and Eliza's son. Man, I really, really wanted Street Fighter V to be like a '30 years after Street Fighter IV' type story. Like Soul Calibur V's story, but not absolute shit.

I'm shocked how poorly E. Honda performs O_o

I didn't expect him to enter the top 10, but this guy is super iconic!

Spoiler:

I've always thought that maybe Guile's daughter, Amy, might end up being a fighter. It'd be neat considering she'd be cousins with Mel, Ken and Eliza's son. Man, I really, really wanted Street Fighter V to be like a '30 years after Street Fighter IV' type story. Like Soul Calibur V's story, but not absolute shit.
    Can Dhalsim's son enter too?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information