+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter V

Default Street Fighter V

http://a.pomf.se/uxpcau.webm

Edit: Posted a webm version since the youtube videos have been taken down by the copyright shotos.
    Last edited by Sesha; December 5th, 2014 at 08:32 AM.

Default Re: Street Fighter V

I'm gonna guess this takes place between 2 and 3 (maybe even between 4 and 3 or 2 and 4)
    Last edited by y2kyle89; December 5th, 2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Haven't actually seen trailer, snark snark
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Some are speculating that Ryu looks like his SF3 incarnation. It could be just after 3rd Strike. I'm hoping it is.

My soul is ready. My body is ready. I'm ready

I'm crying... I really do... Bring it as soon as fucking possible. Besides Xrd I have nothing to look for fighting wise at my PS 4 <3

Exclusively on PS4 and PC........uh-oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I can't think that exclusiveness is going to last to long. Like how Guns of the Patriots was originally PS3-exclusve. Also, I wonder how many more unique martial arts are left for any new characters?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I can't think that exclusiveness is going to last to long. Like how Guns of the Patriots was originally PS3-exclusve. Also, I wonder how many more unique martial arts are left for any new characters?
    Uhhh Guns of the Patriots is still a PS3 exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesha View Post

Edit: Posted a webm version since the youtube videos have been taken down by the copyright shotos.
    That makes no sense.

I'm guessing it's a timed exclusive.

All these stupid times exclusives are getting annoying. Especially when stuff like this and the new Tomb Raider are the next games in multiplat series. I don't really care about the game but still.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That makes no sense.
    How not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post

How not?
    If were content leaked I would understand, but a teaser?

Also, I wonder how many more unique martial arts are left for any new characters?
    Do they have drunken boxing or monkey fist yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Do they have drunken boxing or monkey fist yet?
    They do not. But SF can also make a character out of and ethnicity/stereotype, they don't focus on real-life martial arts like Tekken does.

I'd like to see a Polynesian/Hawaiian character, a Banchou, or the type of dude who fights in a suit and returns to the proper, stiff posture after every combo. Dudley talks about being classy, but his actual moveset is pretty rough (aside from the rose toss). Maybe his butler would like to fight? or a male secret agent in whatever organization C. Viper is in.

Or, if we're further along in the timeline, how about characters' kids? I know Ken has one, Hakan and Viper, too.

I do like Street Fighter IV, it seems it's the only thing Capcom is doing half decently lately. But still, not terribly excited by this.

Back in the day, Capcom could simultaneously juggle 3, 4 or even 5 fighting franchises at the same time, all of them ranging between decent and great. Now it's only Street Fighter. It's getting kinda boring.

Where's the oh so mentioned and hyped Darkstalkers 4 project? Was it all one giant trolling attempt by Ono (┐was it Ono?), or did he get the shaft by the higher ups? Did that project REALLY depended on people massively buying the cheap remakes (read=direct ports) they made to be greenlighted?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    a Banchou
    Banchous are Rival Schools thingie.

I was half serious when I mentioned this series before, and even a quarter serious when I said Rival Schools vs. Darkstalkers. The ammount of charisma and charm would just make the tv screen implode.
    Last edited by kouch_lee; December 5th, 2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Even if thematically speaking such a crossover would make exactly 0 sense. But still awesome.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Was there anything new in there other than the logo?
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Did that project REALLY depended on people massively buying the cheap remakes (read=direct ports) they made to be greenlighted?
    Yes basically it was doomed from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Also, I wonder how many more unique martial arts are left for any new characters?
    Legit question here for anyone to answer, but isn't there a fighting style that involves a cane/stick, and sorta had you dress like you were in a barbershop quartet? It was known to be a strange fighting style, and it really intrigues me in retrospect.

I swear I read about this somewhere and I'm not making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Legit question here for anyone to answer, but isn't there a fighting style that involves a cane/stick, and sorta had you dress like you were in a barbershop quartet? It was known to be a strange fighting style, and it really intrigues me in retrospect.

I swear I read about this somewhere and I'm not making it up.
    think you're thinking of Bartitsu, which was what Sherlock Holmes claimed to have knowledge of in the original stories

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu

It seems there was a few shots available already for test purposes such as Kishido's avatar and Maximillion posted a video with information and thoughts but unfortunately he yanked it soon after. Looks like Capcom is keeping a tight lid on this as much as possible.
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information