+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Thanks a lot Sandman
    "Happily ever after is so once upon a time"

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

If 65 % done is the truth, One Piece will last roughly 1300 (1280) chapters. Thats roughly 11 years of One Piece if Oda maintain his current pace. It's good to hear that Oda is choosing to limit his imagination in order to finish One Piece at a more reasonable pace. Personally, I feel Dressrosa would've been better if he made a better effort to follow this statement, but meh, it wasn't too bad.

Thanks sandman!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    - Lucci is a chief commander of CP0 now!
    Does it mean that he's the leader of CP0 (like Dragon for the RA) or his rank is similar to "Chief of Staff" (Sabo)?

So much Lucci's hype, I wonder if someone trained him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Thanks for the summary sandman :)And I hope they leave Oda alone with their movies from now on. He seems fed up with them anyway. As far as I know he even had to design the characters for the Gold TV special.
    Yes and I don't like what I read...it really seems that he is worried about the audience in his manga. He don't work for pleasure with the movies but to increase the audience of the manga :-/ (I remember an interview after the first film in which he said he would never do it again, he was too tired).

Interesting info about Oda. Thanks so much for the summaries Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgaladviola91 View Post
    Thanks sandman!Does it mean that he's the leader of CP0 (like Dragon for the RA) or his rank is similar to "Chief of Staff" (Sabo)?
    Im thinking he is one of the top guys but probably not #1
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Vanquishing Light The True Saviour's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Yeah this is what i cannot figure out either. How the fuk Luffy is going to beat him because his fighting style doesn't seem suited to a guy that literally is invulnerable to all physical damage. He's like that Kelly Funk guy by a million times stronger...But he has been beaten 7 times so.....i expect on more than 1 occasion Whitebeard probably handed him a defeat....As for the interview, onl 65%? wow. I agree with him saying he needs to be brave oin not using all his ideas, his ideas are awesome but it seems if he uses all of them it'll add even more years to story. Once all is said and done, i think he can finally enjoy a nice long rest with his family. Though i dread the day one piece finally comes to an end....i also hope i live to see that day
    The way i read the manga, Kaido lost those times by foolishly trying to fight entire armies(marines, other pirates) by himself. Remember the line, "in a one on one ALWAYS bet on Kaido". Which implies the brute saw the 3 marine admirals + a bunch of VAs and probably thought "i am kaido!!" And just blindly attacked them. Jack also has this ridiculous mentality of not giving a damn about who they're fighting.

Kaido also probably wasn't born as the strongest creature. After several defeats he might have come back as the monster he is know for.

People changes over time. Sometimes for the better and sometimes...well...they become Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Kaido also probably wasn't born as the strongest creature. After several defeats he might have come back as the monster he is know for. People changes over time. Sometimes for the better and sometimes...well...they become Moria.
    And then sometimes, after being kicked in the teeth twice, they return to their former glory.
    Spoiler:
    Moriah will be back as a bad ass; mark my word.....
    EDIT: On another note, I like the idea of Jack being Whitebeard's estranged biological son (which means Newgate got it on with a fishman lady) who felt Kaidou's world view was more in line with his than his father's. It baseless, but it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    And then sometimes, after being kicked in the teeth twice, they return to their former glory.
    Spoiler:
    Moriah will be back as a bad ass; mark my word.....
    Just curious, but I wonder, why so much confidence in Moria? I mean no harm in my question.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Oda's long interview was revealed in a TV show today.- Question: What would you do if you had vast amount of money?Oda: I already have it, so...
    hahahaha so Oda is now rich because of OP that one makes me happy. Thanks for the translation Sandman :D
    Lazyness is my superpower

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ill-be/.104694

As expected, Oda knows exactly what the final panel of One Piece will be.

Also, concerning the 65% thing,
    that means roughly 44 or 45 more volumes :D

And since the series has been running since 1997, it's gonna have a 30th birthday before it ends. Insanity.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Just curious, but I wonder, why so much confidence in Moria? I mean no harm in my question.
    Truthfully, I have no substantiation for my claim. I'm just thinking that just as Don Chinjao's drill was wrecked by Garp and then returned to it former glory, Luffy's defeat of Moriah will (somehow) have similar effects.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Truthfully, I have no substantiation for my claim. I'm just thinking that just as Don Chinjao's drill was wrecked by Garp and then returned to it former glory, Luffy's defeat of Moriah will (somehow) have similar effects.
    I see. So I'm guessing you think after losing to Luffy (and I'm guessing losing his fight against Jinbei) and coming close to death by Mingo, Moria will finally get off his lazy rear end and train himself and his DF power to get stronger and make a reappearance (somehow), am I right?

If so, then I support this all the way. I was so blinded by how much I hate his voice that I forgot that Moria used to be one tough pirate before Kaidou wrecked him badly and killed his old crew. I'd think it would be awesome to see a newly transformed Moria after the timeskip.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ill-be/.104694

As expected, Oda knows exactly what the final panel of One Piece will be.
    Thanks for the link.
    Actually Oda talked more besides my summary about the TV show, but I didn't mention it since I thought many people have already known them. If someone is interested, here is the rest of the summary.

- ONE PIECE was inspired by the anime "Vicky the Viking" Oda watched in his childhood. He likes especially the scene in which the protagonist kid says "I'm going to set out to sea with my father!"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicky_the_Viking

- Oda made a resolution to draw Pirate Manga when he was in junior high school.

- An editor taught Oda about how to draw a good manga when Oda was 17 years old.

- When Oda started ONE PIECE, he was going to finish it in 5 years.

According to another interview, his plan was like,
    All crewmates join before Grand Line. (1- 1.5 year)
    Great adventure (3 years)
    Final arc (1 year)"

source: Sound Recording (2012)

- Oda doesn't know for sure why ONE PIECE has become so popular. He goes so far as to call it a "miracle". He thinks Strong World in 2009 might have been the turning point.

- One of his main target audience is Oda himself when he was a boy (around 15 years old).

[EDIT]
    Here is Oda's interview in a smartphone app called "My Jump" (Myジャンプ), which was released yesterday. It seems this app basically requires a monthly fee.
    http://www.myjump.jp/
    Hidden:

Q. When/why did you start reading Weekly Shonen Jump?

Oda: I started reading Jump in fourth grader. There is no particular reason for shonens to read Jump. It's nothing special.

Q. Which manga impressed you most?

Oda: Hokuto Hyakuretsuken in "Fist of the North Star" surprised me since it blew up human's body.
    Hidden:
    My favorite character in "Fist of the North Star" is Rei. I liked him so much that I quit reading it when he made his exit from manga,

Q. What influenced you in Jump?

Oda: All mangas I read in my childhood are related to all of my memories. I remember how I felt about scenes in each manga. They are my precious memories and data.

Q. Could you send a message to My Jump app?

Oda: I hope you will add more lineups since there are many mangas I want to re-read.

At the end of the interview, Oda selected 10 mangas he wants to re-read/read in the future.

"Barefoot Gen" Keiji Nakazawa
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot_Gen
    Hidden:

"Ten de Showaru Cupid" Yoshihiro Togashi
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_de_Sh%C5%8Dwaru_Cupid
    Hidden:

"Butsu Zone" Hiroyuki Takei
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butsu_Zone
    Hidden:

"Tabula Ana Tomico" Masaya Tokuhiro
    Hidden:

"Yurei Kozou ga Yattekita!" Yudetamago
    Hidden:

"GUN BLAZE WEST" Nobuhiro Watsuki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Blaze_West
    Hidden:

"NINKU" by Kouji Kiriyama
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninku
    Hidden:

"Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho" Hiroshi Motomiya
    Hidden:

"Koya no Shonen Isamu" by Souji Yamakaw/Noboru Kawasaki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8...C5%8Dnen_Isamu
    Hidden:

"Kenkaku Shibui Kakinosuke" Yutaka Takahashi
    Hidden:

Last edited by sandman; August 8th, 2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    If so, then I support this all the way. I was so blinded by how much I hate his voice that I forgot that Moria used to be one tough pirate before Kaidou wrecked him badly and killed his old crew.
    How can you dislike this?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Having still 35% of the story left, i wonder how much the final saga (finding OP, BB fight and the final war) will take of this space. In the beginning Oda said it´s about a quarter of the overall story, when he still thought it would only last a few years. So i would estimate it at least being 10-15% of the story. Wano and the Kaidou war will also take a significant amount of the story, maybe less than the final saga, but around 7.5-10%.The current arc with Totland i assume won´t be that long, but still going against an emperor for the first time should also take 3-5%. The Reverie is also approaching right before or after Wano, which doesn´t have to be that long, depends how the SHs may or may not be involved - 2-3% maybe.That leaves us with around 10% of the overall story that we´re still more or less in the dark about. Knowing how many enemies are still around and at least Elbaf coming for sure (also pretty likely Shanks being involved in some bigger shit later on), Oda seems to have not that much room left to fiddle about with his ideas of islands and stuff. Just imagine how many open plot threads he has still to address, no wonder he combines his ideas already^^
    Since 4 years ago it was on 60% and now at 65%,most likely it will be at 70% in 2020;and by that time we will have Big Mam,Kaido and perhaps Reverie covered.So plenty ofadventure left before Raftel and Final Fight.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Since 4 years ago it was on 60% and now at 65%,most likely it will be at 70% in 2020;and by that time we will have Big Mam,Kaido and perhaps Reverie covered.So plenty ofadventure left before Raftel and Final Fight.
    Cant wait for elbaf, I have a big feeling that the strawhats will be small people in a world scaled for giants and it will have references to gullivers travels and maybe other giant stories like jack and the beanstalk etc
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Cant wait for elbaf, I have a big feeling that the strawhats will be small people in a world scaled for giants and it will have references to gullivers travels and maybe other giant stories like jack and the beanstalk etc
    We'll also get to see Usopp's development.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information