+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Great compilation! Some of these are very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Shouldn't we like create some sort thread where can state our opinions regarding his status, so the mods can just give him that star as a New Year's present.
    It's already been brought up with the staff, you really don't need to make a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's already been brought up with the staff, you really don't need to make a thread about it.
    16 Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    Doesn't he mean actual messages from himself in the chapters?
    Just read the Viz Color Walk 2 myself. He is talking about messages/themes, but it's taken a bit out of context. He's not denying there are messages in his work, but he wants the reader to decide what they take out of it. So if they choose to ignore his messages of pacifism in Dressrosa, then so be it.

Some quotes I haven't seen before. Nice compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFan View Post
    Just read the Viz Color Walk 2 myself. He is talking about messages/themes, but it's taken a bit out of context. He's not denying there are messages in his work, but he wants the reader to decide what they take out of it. So if they choose to ignore his messages of pacifism in Dressrosa, then so be it.
    Here's the whole quote, I think we should replace the one in the opening post since it's so out of context:

"Does art tell you something? Does manga advocate something? As a matter of fact, I don't put any messages in the manga I draw. If I draw a story, the themes emerge all on their own. I do my utmost to find an answer in what I come up with, but each reader is entirely free to decide what he or she takes away from the story. So I don't send messages. But, hmm. It's not as if I don't have anything to say."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCrane View Post
    Here's the whole quote, I think we should replace the one in the opening post since it's so out of context:
    I'm making this my signature.

And I will point towards it every bloody time somebody tells that I just don't get it and that I don't understand the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    I'm making this my signature.

And I will point towards it every bloody time somebody tells that I just don't get it and that I don't understand the story.
    Because from time to time dont get what Oda wants to tell readers Its like missing the point. Hope you wont attack me here.
    Read that thing few times before you will use it in way you want to use it.

Also thank you sandman for all the work.

Are you perhaps Oda ?

This is gonna be so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post
    Because from time to time dont get what Oda wants to tell readers Its like missing the point. Hope you wont attack me here.
    Read that thing few times before you will use it in way you want to use it.
    I think you might be confusing not getting things with not agreeing with things.

One is lacking reading comprehension skills and other is having an opinion.

But this is neither time nor the place. Stop stalking me.

Fantastic thread. Great job sandman

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCrane View Post
    Thanks! That really clears it up.

I really like this line from Oda

"There is a trend that people who point out the inconsistency of a story are rated high, but I don't necessarily think a story must be written coherently." GHIBLI Magazine (2014)

I really like this line from Oda

"There is a trend that people who point out the inconsistency of a story are rated high, but I don't necessarily think a story must be written coherently." GHIBLI Magazine (2014)
    Actually, I agree.

There is no formal requirement for the story to be coherent or logical. There is also no "must be good" standard. There is no "must" on character development. There is no "must" on anything, except for one thing.

It must sell.

Which is why Togashi can release his scribbles and have them sold.

Why things as terrible as Bleach and Fairy Tail still sell in milions.

Quality is not something that readers/watchers require from creators, therefore it is not needed.

Though manga world (or any form of art, written or otherwise) would greatly benefited from opposite situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Actually, I agree.

There is no formal requirement for the story to be coherent or logical. There is also no "must be good" standard. There is no "must" on character development. There is no "must" on anything, except for one thing.

It must sell.

Which is why Togashi can release his scribbles and have them sold.

Why things as terrible as Bleach and Fairy Tail still sell in milions.

Quality is not something that readers/watchers require from creators, therefore it is not needed.

Though manga world (or any form of art, written or otherwise) would greatly benefited from opposite situation.
    Stop stalking me.

When it comes to Togashi only his art is medicore at best. Greed Island was weakest part of HxH but rest is a quality work.
    Kubo is an artist with screwing up his work deeper and deeper and Fairy Tail is well Fairy Tail. Putting HxH(also calling it scribbles) and those 2 in one post is pretty bad move to prove any point.

Greed island was pretty cool, but i thought this thread was about Oda's interviews.

"I live Based, so don't try to be Based" - Lil B

When it comes to Togashi only his art is medicore at best. Greed Island was weakest part of HxH but rest is a quality work.
    Kubo is an artist with screwing up his work deeper and deeper and Fairy Tail is well Fairy Tail. Putting HxH(also calling it scribbles) and those 2 in one post is pretty bad move to prove any point.
    I meant Togashi's period of releasing works that look as poor sketches. Still sold relatively well, if I recall.

And he did that. Come on! Things like this:
    Spoiler:

Or this
    Spoiler:

Come on. This is objectively scribbles. There is no room for interpretation here art wise, it is scribbles.

The argument here is that there is no inherent standard that must be kept for work to sell, but at the same time it would be nice if there were.

I still laugh to myself when I see that quote about blood relations.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcat View Post
    Greed island was pretty cool, but i thought this thread was about Oda's interviews.
    It is. Which is why I was trying to comment on Oda's comment that I find really interesting industry wise and brought HxH (And more specificaly, Togashi's behavior towards that can hardly be considered ethical) as an example. It was not my intention to start the discussion on the quality of the story itself. Even if I am not a fan.

lol oda's bullshitting on the "OH WHAT I DRAW HAS NO MESSAGES LA DI DA please ignore everything I have the world government do and fishman island"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information