+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    I'm making this my signature.

And I will point towards it every bloody time somebody tells that I just don't get it and that I don't understand the story.
    It also has a plenty of potential to backfire. Your interpretations might lead to point-missing criticism (remember that Oda still has his own intentions), and that might lead to several neverending debates (which probably means nothing here will really change, so whatever).
    Last edited by King Cannon; December 27th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.

"Oda said that he didn't intend for certain messages in his work. That means that Akainu is the good guy and all pirates are bad guys who need to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcat View Post
    Greed island was pretty cool, but i thought this thread was about Oda's interviews.
    Yes, youre right - sorry - I gotten into exchange with master complainer and it went to complaining at other great manga.

Darth- I give up, think whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    It also has a plenty of potential to backfire. Your interpretations might lead to point-missing criticism, and that might lead to several neverending debates.

Be very careful of that quote.
    Thats why I asked him to read it few times but he doesnt get it imo
    Last edited by sabinis; December 27th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

That was very fun to read, so many things I never knew, it really paints a picture about Oda and what direction One Piece is going!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

It also has a plenty of potential to backfire. Your interpretations might lead to point-missing criticism (remember that Oda still has his own intentions), and that might lead to several neverending debates (which probably means nothing here will really change, so whatever).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    "Oda said that he didn't intend for certain messages in his work. That means that Akainu is the good guy and all pirates are bad guys who need to die."
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post
    Yes, youre right - sorry - I gotten into exchange with master complainer and it went to complaining at other great manga.

Darth- I give up, think whatever you want.

Thats why I asked him to read it few times but he doesnt get it imo
    Here we have three consecutive messages that have nothing to do with this good idea of a thread and serve only to pointlessly stir shit up, as if we didn't need to deal with that already.

Thus instead of responding to them from this day on, I will report every comment aimed at me personaly instead of discussing things One Piece related as spam.

I know that discrediting opponent in a discussion is one of the old eristic classics, but keep it to yourself.

thank you Sandman. Best thread of the year definetely
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Would you like a Blast?
    100000000000000 Berries please.
    Blasting Destinations: Gotham city, Jaya, central perk, E. R.

Here we have three consecutive messages that have nothing to do with this good idea of a thread and serve only to pointlessly stir shit up, as if we didn't need to deal with that already.

Thus instead of responding to them from this day on, I will report every comment aimed at me personaly instead of discussing things One Piece related as spam.

I know that discrediting opponent in a discussion is one of the old eristic classics, but keep it to yourself.
    We're discussing something about One Piece that Oda stated in a interview in a thread called "Oda's interviews".

I believe it is on-topic and One Piece-related.

Not that I want it to deviate from sandman's work, which is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by King Cannon; December 27th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

lol oda's bullshitting on the "OH WHAT I DRAW HAS NO MESSAGES LA DI DA please ignore everything I have the world government do and fishman island"
    The complete quote is that he doesn't start with the message, it's not like he went to the buggy arc thinking "this is about the meaning of treasure" and started doing everything, he did it the other way around, he wanted luffy to defeat a pirate, and the point of contrast that he found with him was the definition of what they value the most (money and fame vs personal relations)|
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

So good to have it all in one piece, I mean place. Thanks sandman, you da real MVP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

We're discussing something about One Piece that Oda stated in a interview in a thread called "Oda's interviews".

It is on-topic and One Piece-related.
    No, we are discussing a methodology of discussing about One Piece.

And your apparent incapability to understand that one can understand the message and still disagree with it.

Baseless conjecture, patronizing and condescending comments I do see. Not so much the so called discussion.

And your apparent incapability to understand that one can understand the message and still disagree with it.
    I can understand that.

I was talking about not understanding the message in the first place.

But alas, I think it's better to drop this issue if you're feeling this bothered.
    Last edited by King Cannon; December 27th, 2014 at 04:15 PM.

Great thread.
    Most of the stuff is already known due to Greg's website, but it's still nice to have everything in one place (and stickied, please!).

I just wish some sources were more accessible. Really curious about the context in some cases, like

"Don't speak ill of Zoro." Niconico Live Broadcast (28 December 2011)

lol.

"Basically I don't kill any characters because I wish the readers to feel satisfied after an arc ended." Asahi Evening Newspaper (26 November1999)
    Weird reasoning, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcat View Post
    Greed island was pretty cool, but i thought this thread was about Oda's interviews.
    Honestly I had no fun whatsoever reading that arc. I was almost bored to death.
    One of my worst reading experiences.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

In other news I really liked the quote Ods had about how he draws characters and the one where he said that he prefers to draw the crew hanging out rather then fighting.

I'd wish that instead of "the crew with animals" he'd use these covers to show the crew hanging out in sunny during the travels as in "this happened back then when they were traveling here"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Ohh you so silly

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Everyone knows Everything Jack O. Falltrades's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZONBI View Post
    In the final scenes of ONE PIECE, there will be a pirate who appears with an eye patch. One Para (2007)

Who might be? someone we already know or a new character?
    maybe zoro would wear and eyepatch

also luffy's mom would possibly be big mom now since Oda said she was not pretty and has a perm lol

Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post
    Stop stalking me.

When it comes to Togashi only his art is medicore at best. Greed Island was weakest part of HxH but rest is a quality work.
    Kubo is an artist with screwing up his work deeper and deeper and Fairy Tail is well Fairy Tail. Putting HxH(also calling it scribbles) and those 2 in one post is pretty bad move to prove any point.
    I can name a lot of problems with Hunter x Hunter.

It might have less problems that Bleach or Fairy Tail, but it's massively overrated for what it is. The only arc it has that's above average is the Yorknew City arc. The Chimera ant arc is debatable. The rest was just ranged from average to mediocre. Mentioning it in the same sentence as FT and Clorox isn't an insult.
    Last edited by Magi; December 27th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    I can name a lot of problems with Hunter x Hunter.

It might have less problems that Bleach or Fairy Tail, but it's massively overrated for what it is. The only arc it has that's above average is the Yorknew City arc. The Chimera ant arc is debatable. The rest was just ranged from average to mediocre. Mentioning it in the same sentence as FT and Clorox isn't an insult.
    but you still read those 3 series

Weird reasoning, but ok.
    Definitely interesting reasoning and one that's also causing it's own problems.

The most obvious thing is that the convolutions to keep characters alive are now dis-satisfying in themselves. The most recent example being Monet and Vergo (and yes, we *know* they're still alive ). Personally I find it interesting, we have Sabo who returns and ends countless rounds of speculation, and Hody's crew who are the first who've been very definitively and permanently taken out of the action using non-lethal means.
    After 15+ year even the youngest reader with the story from the beginning is now nearly 20 and hopefully prepared to deal with real death. It's right that Oda doesn't want to use it as an incidental thing (even though fodder, possibly different arguement) but the question is what balance will he strike.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information