+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    but you still read those 3 series
    What does that have to do with anything?

I've not read HxH in a loooooooooong, long time but unless it has seriously nose dived in quality it is surely miles above the glop that is Fairy Tail.

I deleted my comment about Greed Island cause I didn't want the HxH discussion to keep on going, I guess it was for naught.

C'mon guys, let's leave this discussion out of the thread, and let's keep it focused just on what it is, which is great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite quote has to be the one about how Oda gets pissed off by people calling his villains weak, and that provoking him to power-up these villains.

Have we seen any instance where that might've happened during the series?

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    I deleted my comment about Greed Island cause I didn't want the HxH discussion to keep on going, I guess it was for naught.

C'mon guys, let's leave this discussion out of the thread, and let's keep it focused just on what it is, which is great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite quote has to be the one about how Oda gets pissed off by people calling his villains weak, and that provoking him to power-up these villains.

Crocodile, I was surprised by his performance in the war against DD, Mihawk and Akainu.

Quote Originally Posted by ZONBI View Post
    Crocodile, I was surprised by his performance in the war against DD, Mihawk and Akainu.
    Crocodile was always strong, he and Moriah lost to Luffy due to overconfidence not lack of power, so no Croco boy didnt get any power up.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Answer to that question was right below that Oda comment.

"I get annoyed to hear people speaking ill of characters in ONE PIECE. For example, when they say ‘this villain is weak’, I can't help thinking that then I'll make him much stronger!" Color Walk 6 (2014)
    "Don't speak ill of Zoro." Niconico Live Broadcast (28 December 2011)
    Pre Timeskip Zoro always get the most injuries after a fight. He struggles more in a fight when compared to opponents Sanji beat easily and they are not that weaker than opponents Zoro is struggling with. Example: Kaku and Jyabura, Sanji beat Jyabura faster and easier but Zoro struggled with Kaku who's not that far superior to Jyabura.

And last two arcs before Kuma separated them Zoro was in his weakest state. So I guess people started calling Zoro weak then but now after Timeskip Oda has Zoro looking invisble.

EDIT: will they make this thread sticky? Wouldn't be fun if it goes bye bye and forgotten.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

So Oda says he doesn't put any message in what he draws but we all know that's some ol' bullshit.

"I live Based, so don't try to be Based" - Lil B

Does Bellamy count?

Probably Moriah too.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Does Bellamy count?

Probably Moriah too.
    Why would they count>?

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Does Bellamy count?

Probably Moriah too.
    You know I wonder when Oda actually planned to bring Bellamy back.
    It'd be pretty neat if he had this idea back in his head when writing Jaya.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Awsome thread, well done sandman!!.

Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    You know I wonder when Oda actually planned to bring Bellamy back.
    It'd be pretty neat if he had this idea back in his head when writing Jaya.
    I think that quote applys to Bellamy more so then Moria, I've always liked Bellamy and he's shining more then ever giving even Luffy a surprise.

"I live Based, so don't try to be Based" - Lil B

thanks a lot sandman

Thanks a lot Sandman :)
    Proud Kintama Owner

Sandman is Oda I tell ya people

He is using break and doing his research and hes sharing bit of it with us

"I get annoyed to hear people speaking ill of characters in ONE PIECE. For example, when they say ‘this villain is weak’, I can't help thinking that then I'll make him much stronger!"
    I love this. Seriously I love it. Now we even have a reason to keep the shit out of AP

EDIT
    Huge Kudos to you sandman. Just awesome

Thank you Sandman alot of work went into this!
    "Don't speak ill of Zoro." Niconico Live Broadcast (28 December 2011)
    Best Thing I've read this whole month.

Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    Was the Kenshin stuff that bad?
    It was only in the volumes anyways.
    If you ever get your hands on the Kenshin volumes don't read any comments from Watsuki. Not because of the copious amount of bullshit about nothing that Ordinary is referring to, but because when Watsuki is talking about the series he's revealing himself as an incredibly depressive inconfident person who just constantly shits on his own creation and self.
    It makes the manga less enjoyable when he's constantly talking about every other character being a failed attempt at something.

I don't think Kenshin is anything special as a manga to begin with, but it is enjoyable so it's no good to have it's creator rain on his own parade.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    I'm making this my signature.

And I will point towards it every bloody time somebody tells that I just don't get it and that I don't understand the story.
    Yes Darth I'm sure Oda means he would smile and nod if people interpreted One Piece as an ode to pedophilia...nazism...murdering people...or pro-authoritarianism such as yourself.
    This doesn't make you actually good at reading comprehension, it makes you even fucking worse than we thought lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    I can name a lot of problems with Hunter x Hunter.

It might have less problems that Bleach or Fairy Tail, but it's massively overrated for what it is. The only arc it has that's above average is the Yorknew City arc. The Chimera ant arc is debatable. The rest was just ranged from average to mediocre. Mentioning it in the same sentence as FT and Clorox isn't an insult.
    Fairy Tale is the absolute bottom of the fucking shonen barrel. What the hell are you talking about.
    And lol at comparing HunterXHunter to Bleach.
    If Fairy Tale is a massive volcano of turds, Bleach is the complete absence of sensation.
    Even your own description of HxH comes nowhere near either of those awful awful comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
    I've not read HxH in a loooooooooong, long time but unless it has seriously nose dived in quality it is surely miles above the glop that is Fairy Tail.
    No it's been as great as ever...and as questionable as ever.
    The strange sadomasochistic reading experience of thinking Togashi is both an idiot and genius, though always a lazyass except when it comes to overly explaining his awesome concepts in pages and pages of words.

I think people are misunderstanding what Oda meant by messages. I think he meant he doesn't straight up leave a message in a chapter like "even though Chopper and Hiluk aren't blood related they are still family". Instead he writes the story and allows those things to come out. "If I draw a story, the themes emerge all on their own."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King
    Fairy Tale is the absolute bottom of the fucking shonen barrel. What the hell are you talking about.
    And lol at comparing HunterXHunter to Bleach.
    If Fairy Tale is a massive volcano of turds, Bleach is the complete absence of sensation.
    Even your own description of HxH comes nowhere near either of those awful awful comics.
    I didn't compare any one of the series in terms of quality. What exactly are you talking about?
    What I basically did was say that HxH wasn't some kind of godsend and that merely mentioning it in the same sentence as Ft and Bleach wouldn't somehow insult it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information