+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1240

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

1996? I don't understand. Was Kubo already a mangaka in 1996? What manga was he writing?

From what I heard Bleach actually was quite good, as in quite really good, in the beginning. Before everything went downhill.

But Kubo really sounds like a generic smug villain. Is there any fanfiction manga about Oda's life maybe? With Kishi as the friendly rival and Kubo as the asshole villain...
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by Could be Meadows... View Post
    1996? I don't understand. Was Kubo already a mangaka in 1996? What manga was he writing?
    According to wikipedia, it was the one shot Ultra Unholy Hearted Machine.
    Given the time frame he was competing with one of the Romance Dawn one shots, and not the actual One Piece series.

Btw, most of the mangaka, especially those who work in Jump, get their start by writing one-shots before being hired to write a full series. It's normal for their career to start before they get a full series.

Ah, ok. Thanks :D

Quote Originally Posted by Could be Meadows... View Post
    https://twitter.com/kan_ei_sen/statu...39410801303552

What about Zombiepowder?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What about Zombiepowder?
    Right?

If his gears were grinding over the defeat of his one-shot, imagine how he must have felt about the utter failure of his debut series.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    From what I heard Bleach actually was quite good, as in quite really good, in the beginning. Before everything went downhill.

But Kubo really sounds like a generic smug villain. Is there any fanfiction manga about Oda's life maybe? With Kishi as the friendly rival and Kubo as the asshole villain...
    Hidden:

it's hard to read, but it seems the only remaining source

It was also posted here long ago, but the images seem to have disappeared. It's basically a story about the God of Manga, where Togashi sees Oda as the ultimate rival, with Kishi & Kubo as the Rex Raptor & Weevil of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    It's basically a story about the God of Manga, where Togashi sees Oda as the ultimate rival, with Kishi & Kubo as the Rex Raptor & Weevil of the story.
    Who wrote this ? The narrator seems to be Togashi, but if he really is the author then he has a lot more perspective and self-mockery than the story suggests.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Some Photos from Super Kabuki at tonight, Voice Actors of Straw hats and Oda, and Some gifts from VAs to Actors of Super Kabuki !!

Spoiler:

Tonight Oda appeared in ONE PIECE Kabuki show in Tokyo with Straw Hats' VAs. After the curtain was closed, Oda went on the stage and said thanks to every one of the actors individually.
    Oda's daughter and Emino Ichikawa (Kabuki actor) exchanged their tambourines. Staffs recommend audience to use this Super Tambourine with Oda's illustration with the theme song "TETOTE" at the beginning of the Kabuki show Scene 2.
    Hidden:

source: https://ameblo.jp/udanji-ukon/entry-12328701803.html
    https://twitter.com/emino331g/status/930777370608332802

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Gift From Oda to Inoue charu (Actor of Super Kabuki)

Figure Usopp

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Chief editor Kazuhiko Torishima, known as editor for Dragon Ball, scolded Kubo that his manga was terrible and recommended him to read Dragon Ball and Fist of the North Star [EDIT]after returning home. Torishima gave him those mangas' volume 1.
    But Kubo didn't read them, thinking "Damn you!!"
    Now i understand why Toriyama send a support letter about not discourage in the industry. The son of a bitch, Torishima himself was involved, and to think that that's how Torishima encourages manga-ka artists x)
    Tori just translated in fine words for Tite, and for sure he was pissed about Romance Dawn winning over him, how could an episode of Mario saving Peach with a crappy art win over UUHM?? I get what he thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If his gears were grinding over the defeat of his one-shot, imagine how he must have felt about the utter failure of his debut series.
    How can an unfinished series after 10 years be an utter failure?

Still, Oda can just postrate and will be forgiven, but needs to finish OP first, just like here:

____

Oda giving Usopp as a gift, can't avoid it, the guy knows what's a good present.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

How can an unfinished series after 10 years be an utter failure?
    ???

I'm talking about Zombie Powder, what are you talking about?

Jeez, that line about Kubo just feels so wrong. Really, not like a normal human being, but instead like a caricature of an asshole smug villain - being villanious just for the sake of it.

The only thing missing is that he kicks kittens and eats babies.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    Jeez, that line about Kubo just feels so wrong. Really, not like a normal human being, but instead like a caricature of an asshole smug villain - being villanious just for the sake of it.

The only thing missing is that he kicks kittens and eats babies.
    "Kubo is every bit of Kubo as you can expect it."
    -Greg.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    ???

I'm talking about Zombie Powder, what are you talking about?
    About ZP too xD.
    I read that it's classified as Unfinished.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,

^_^; It was cancelled. You could say it's 'unfinished' because it was *cancelled* before he could finish it.

Did you really thought ZP was still ongoing?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Oh no, i've never said that it wasn't cancelled, just that is unfinished, i even read that is officially unfinished.

Don't tell me guys that you think magazines have the last word in telling an author that it's work is finished and can't continue on??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information