+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Travelling Thread/ The Home Town Thread

Default The Travelling Thread/ The Home Town Thread

Well, I didnīt found anything like this, so why not?

Want to travel somewhere?
    Want to share your dream travels with your forum mates?
    Are you planning a trip to some place and need help planning it?
    Want advices, or suggestions about places to travel?
    Or do you want to publicize your own home town and grow some traveling appetite?

So, use the traveling thread/ Home Town Thread!

So yeah, the point of this is to share your travelling desires and show your home town to your forum buddies.

And since Iīm supposed to take the initiative, here are some places in a 5 min. radius from where I live.

Spoiler:

Default Re: The Travelling Thread/ The Home Town Thread

There is a place I want to go, and that place is Portugal, so if someone is kind enough to help me with tips and cities to visit, I will be glad.

About my city, shish..is a pretty big city, if you like big cities, you will like São Paulo.
    Last edited by C_uggs; January 9th, 2015 at 10:38 PM.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I'd like to visit the home villages/areas of my recent immigrant half.
    County Cavan in Ireland, and Settefrati in Italy.

Otherwise I'd like to visit Georgia (the country lol) some day.

Where I live near is this place.
    Though come at the right time of year and you don't even need to hop on the train to go anywhere, because you'll see this just around the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Otherwise I'd like to visit Georgia (the country lol) some day.
    Good luck

And also, this is very close to my house.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I live in this metro area which is incredibly convenient for getting internships at foreign policy-related think tanks and institutions, and also if you like cherry blossoms and museums I guess. IMO the height restrictions get a lot of shit from some members here but honestly I find it makes the city pretty manageable without being completely boring. The Maryland suburban area where I live is pretty comfy and not too big (although development is crazy right now in Montgomery County), and Virginia's immediate suburbs are where you go if you want to feel like you're in a slightly bigger city with tall buildings (most of which I'm very glad are on the other side of the Potomac). Right now though I'm going to college in rural northeastern Ohio about an hour outside of Cleveland, so it's pretty cold and there's not too much to do in the surrounding small town. During the summers I go up to Cape Ann which I'd say is a pretty great place during the summer. New England really knows how to make its god damn ice cream!
    I'd also love to visit Bulgaria sometime, particularly Dupnitza where my grandmother came from but also Sofia because it looks like a pretty neat city.

I'd like to visit Germany, Ireland, and England to explore my roots. I'd also like to visit Japan, Spain, and Malta. Also, I really wish my wife felt safe going to Mexico, I think it would be interesting and it would be a short flight. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to venture into Juarez when I go to El Paso for work.

This is near my home

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    Good luck
    I've already been to North Cyprus, a country recognized by nobody but Turkey, with off limits soldier guarded territories ringing it, and a pack of feral stray dogs right near where we parked the car.
    Georgia should be a cinch.

I always wanted to visit Russia. But i reckon i'd have to take a couple more Russian classes before that

I've already been to North Cyprus, a country recognized by nobody but Turkey, with off limits soldier guarded territories ringing it, and a pack of feral stray dogs right near where we parked the car.
    Georgia should be a cinch.
    Well yeah~ No it's not really a bad place. Good food, wine, sights, people are at least polite too I guess.. But speaking of cars:

You should never drive. Never xD

Definitely want to take carter to Texas this summer so we can hang out around Austin and maybe visit the river walk in San Antonio, maybe spend a day at schlitterbahn and drink piņa coladas on the hills near lake Travis

It's been sooo long since I've been up that way

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Definitely want to take carter to Texas this summer so we can hang out around Austin and maybe visit the river walk in San Antonio, maybe spend a day at schlitterbahn and drink piņa coladas on the hills near lake Travis
    The lake is really low right now so the view from the Oasis isn't as nice as it used to be.
    Last edited by Vectorkov; January 10th, 2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: *now

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorkov View Post
    The lake is really low right so the view from the Oasis isn't as nice as it used to be.
    ahhh noooo ;_;

Hmmm well maybe we'll go to the iguana grill instead since they still have those amazing iguanacoladas

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I always wanted to visit Russia. But i reckon i'd have to take a couple more Russian classes before that
    Aside from some pretty churches isn't there like...nothing there otherwise...like in terms of sightseeing and experientally and the like.

Aside from some pretty churches isn't there like...nothing there otherwise...like in terms of sightseeing and experientally and the like.
    St.Petersburg as a whole is pretty stunning. I could definetly wander around there for a while.

But mostly it's a culinary thing. They've got somethings i wanna check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    There is a place I want to go, and that place is Portugal, so if someone is kind enough to help me with tips and cities to visit, I will be glad.

About my city, shish..is a pretty big city, if you like big cities, you will like São Paulo.
    If you ever need help in Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais just ask.

Not sure about São Paulo. The size scares me.

Well, they have the trans-siberian...
    I wouldnīt mind taking a ride in it.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorkov View Post
    I'd like to visit Germany, Ireland, and England to explore my roots. I'd also like to visit Japan, Spain, and Malta. Also, I really wish my wife felt safe going to Mexico, I think it would be interesting and it would be a short flight. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to venture into Juarez when I go to El Paso for work.

This is near my home
    Thatīs Texas?

I always thought it was... drier...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    If you ever need help in Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais just ask.

Not sure about São Paulo. The size scares me.
    Lisbon, Coimbra and Leomil are the cities I want to go.

About São Paulo, yeah..It is big but donīt let the size scares you, there is a LOT of things to do.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

On the immediate food travel wishlist we have, in no particular order.

-Russia. Lots and lots of interesting soups, beverages and lots of interesting local variations.

-Italy. Lots of simple, pure flavours, and many vegetable heavy dishes.

-Germany. Like the sausages and charcuterie alone merit a visit. And all those beers.

-China. Do i even have to motivate this? More intersting food than i could dream of.

But there are of course a bunch more that i'd wanna check of before i die.

Thatīs Texas?
    Yep, that's Central Texas and in the middle of a big city.

I always thought it was... drier...
    You're thinking of West Texas. Speaking of West... here's El Paso. Can you tell where the US ends and Mexico begins?

One place in Texas I'm ashamed I've never been to is Big Bend National Park.

I'm not quite sure where I'd like to travel. I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to such things, but one day I'd like to travel someplace, alone. Finally an adult after all, so I'd be nice to save up and go on a short trip without my family dragging me around. Does anybody know any good places south of sweden? Someplace a coward broke first-time tourist would enjoy? It doesn't have to be stunning or amazing, and preferably anything but a planted forest.
    I'm a villager at heart, so I feel most comfortable in those environments.

Other than that, I've been thinking of the baltic countries, or anywhere near or around Germany. I'd love to visit Wales, Scottland or England as well. Some of the rural areas look absolutely stunning! A bit nostalgic, somehow...
    And of course both Japan and the U.S. are up there, along with New Zealand, but that's another story entirely. Costa Rica also seems neat.

As for where I live... close by is an area called Österlen. It's the very, very, very, very southern-eastern tip of sweden (south-eastern scania, to be exact) and it has some beauitful scenery. It's not spectacular or world famous, but if you like nature, walking and relaxing places I'd recommend it. There should be several nature reserves, probably a few ruins, and the National park Stens Huvud. There is also the town of Kivik. Every year, in August-September, they display a painting made entirely out of apples. Though if you're ever going there, I strongly recommend May-June instead, when everything blooms.
    There are also plenty of beaches nearby, and close access to both Malmö and Copenhagen, along with the danish island Bornholm. Actually, Bornholm is a pretty fantastic place as well. There is a neat castle ruin there, among other things.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information