+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X-Files

∞ Samus Returns ∞ Deviant_Mugen's Avatar

Default Re: X-Files returning(?)

Now that it's confirmed, I can actually get hyped for it, especially due to the mini-series format that they're apparently going to go with. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Spoilers from someone who just finished the series

Spoiler:
    Felt that the series finale was pretty disappointing. It didn't really have much story closure at all even if the feeling of it was kind of closure like. It reminded me of the season finale where it seems like Mulder was blown up in that train car. I think it was season 2's finale. I think they should kind of retcon the date of the alien invasion and make it December 22, 2016 (or maybe even 2017). Retcons generally suck but I think this one could be for the better, since I think it would be pretty stupid to have the show continuation take place in 2012 when it's airing in 2016. I also want at least some mention or showing that Scully is immortal since that's apparently a thing but was never brought up in the series after the episode with the immortal crime scene photographer.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Tweet with a photo of Scully and Mulder during shoot
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Can't really see much of anything. Anyway it's strange that they're not having Scully with red hair.

It is going to be strange seeing both of them quite a bit older. Though I didn't really have that issue while watching the movie from 2008 so maybe it won't be that jarring.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Seems like Joel McHale has a role. Was wondering who was talking at the beginning but found him on the IMDB page.

I hope they retcon some things. Like Mulder's sister's thing. I didn't like how that ended. Out of the 6 episodes 3 will be tied to the overall story arc while the other 3 will be the monster of the week stuff.

So first two episodes have aired. I like it a lot. I was never as critical of the original series as some of the reviews I read of the episodes but I don't really have too many complaints about this revival so far.

Spoiler:
    I do hope it wraps the series up better than the original finale did though. They've already been establishing in these two episodes that aliens aren't really the driving factor in the conspiracy but members of the government are, which is fine, but I don't want anymore bullshit like the walk in spirits they threw into the lore towards the end of the initial series and I hope they retcon that and actually have Mulder's sister be with aliens or being held by the same people part of the conspiracy. The second episode didn't really have a conclusion to its story though, which I thought was weird, and I hope that the story from that episode is continued later. I can't imagine it won't be.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Okay that third episode was absolutely tremendous

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Oh man. That was fucking fantastic. The best X Files episodes always were the ones that weren't played straight.

And they did finally reference Scully's immortality. I'm happy about that.

damn I really wish I could get TV in.... without cable I can't get reception in my apt which sucks. I usually don't mind missing the reg channels but at times like this?
    daaaaaammmmmnnnn its time to whine about it
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

It's not that hard to find downloads of the episodes.

yeah but sitting in an old comp chair isn't as comfy for hours as sitting on the couch. Not to mention the screen is smaller than a TVs.

Still I'll break down and watch it as the alternative is to miss totally out.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

If you have a laptop plug it into your TV while playing it.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

I do have to say it is a damn shame that Gillian Anderson has not done a lot of comedy because she is GREAT at doing comedic moments.

Also the Easter eggs are great with

Spoiler:
    Rhys Darby as Guy Mann stealing his clothes from Kolchak the Night Stalker (the inspiration for Cris Carter to make X-Files was great

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

I think I read that this was originally a script for Kolchak that the writer had lying around so he rewrote it as an X-Files episode when it was announced it was coming back.

Default Re: X-Files

I was worried when I heard X Files was getting a new season, but it has been absolutely fucking fantastic - even the standalone monster of the week episode was incredible quality! I'm kind of curious if they'll continue after episode 6... I think the ratings have been pretty impressive so far.
    OPTC Global: 747044391

Fourth episode was pretty cool.

Spoiler:
    I didn't really like the whole subplot with Scully's mom though. Most of the stuff related to that felt out of place. Having the monster be a tulpa is cool though. Felt like nothing was really accomplished in the episode though. It just ended like "Welp, everyone died, episode over. Oh wait we still have more sentimental Scully stuff".

Episode 5 was probably the second best of this season so far.

Spoiler:
    Shame that Doggett and Reyes aren't on board for this but I like that they had two agents similar to Mulder and Scully in this episode. Might have made it more interesting if the genders were switched though, with the woman being the equivalent of Mulder and vice versa with the guy. And at least this episode had a conclusion. Both the other MotW episodes other than the one with the lizard man had shitty conclusions that really didn't resolve their stories. They still introduced the trumpets from the sky and didn't do anything with that though.

Hopefully the final episode is better than the first one since we're getting back to the mythology arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Episode 5 was probably the second best of this season so far.

Spoiler:
    Shame that Doggett and Reyes aren't on board for this but I like that they had two agents similar to Mulder and Scully in this episode. Might have made it more interesting if the genders were switched though, with the woman being the equivalent of Mulder and vice versa with the guy. And at least this episode had a conclusion. Both the other MotW episodes other than the one with the lizard man had shitty conclusions that really didn't resolve their stories. They still introduced the trumpets from the sky and didn't do anything with that though.

Hopefully the final episode is better than the first one since we're getting back to the mythology arc.
    I just got around to watching the 5th episode. As far as I'm concerned, episode 2 wasn't a "monster of the week" episode. It strongly tied back to previous X-Files plotlines and Scully, specifically. I think that the open conclusion there was warranted, and quite fitting. Now episode 4, I had a problem with. It fell extremely short in terms of plot, conflict, or even a point at all. Even the philosophical angle was very weak compared to the general good job they've been doing lately with that, and trying to be relevant to current events.

In that respect episode 5 went right back on track. It had a tangible plotline that had a conclusion, while still remaining mysterious in many ways. Not to mention the two new agents introduced, which was humorous to me and they even almost broke the 4th wall by having Scully reference the very first episode of the first season. I also thought the matter of the trumpets existed solely for that last scene, which was fine. So yeah, good episode.

Not sure what they were going for with that ending.

Spoiler:
    Is it a cliffhanger that they might continue later? Is it supposed to be implied that the ship maybe somehow reversed the virus? I mean I know there's only so much you can do with two 1 hour long myth arc episodes but you have to stop dragging your audience by the hair with cliffhangers at some point. Up until the ending though I liked the episode. It's not that different from what happened a few times in the series (and movie) earlier though with people being infected with smallpox. Just wish we had an actual conclusion to this show that started in the early 90s.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information