+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X-Files

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default X-Files

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...-to-television

FOX is in early talks to bring back The X-Files. Dana Walden and Gary Newman, co-chairmen and CEOs of FOX Television Group revealed at today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour.

Loved this show back in the day. Hope it does happen.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: X-Files returning(?)

Why ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Money. In any case this is funny because I just started watching the show yesterday. Same thing happened with Twin Peaks (I think). Right after I started watching watching the show they announced the return of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Money. In any case this is funny because I just started watching the show yesterday. Same thing happened with Twin Peaks (I think). Right after I started watching watching the show they announced the return of it.
    You must be a wizard of some kind
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

half of me is interested, the other half remembers how shitty the last 3-4 seasons were and weeps

also i thought they had already rebooted it under the name 'Supernatural'

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    half of me is interested, the other half remembers how shitty the last 3-4 seasons were and weeps

also i thought they had already rebooted it under the name 'Supernatural'
    Which incidentally, has followed suit by being pretty shitty for the past four seasons haha.

Color me interested if Duchovny and Anderson are involved, I suppose.

Yeah, as long as Mulder and Scully are coming back too...otherwise it would be just another new show with the X-Files name plastered on it.

Gillian Anderson is currently on Hannibal, and she's been said to be a regular for the season. Probably means she dies, but either way, I just want more Gillian Anderson. Like, Mulder doesn't even have to come. If it's an entire show about Dana Scully battling the evils of light cream cheese, I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Which incidentally, has followed suit by being pretty shitty for the past four seasons haha.

Color me interested if Duchovny and Anderson are involved, I suppose.
    Anderson herself said that she would be up for a return, so that only leaves Duchovny

Start watching Deadwood immediately.

Can you start watching Breaking_In and Don't Trust the B in APT 23, k thanks bye.

X-Files already missed their chance to capitalize on the series finale. The aliens were supposed to invade in 2012, and they made their second movie just prior to that.

But instead of taking their one shot at doing *that*, they just did a random run of the mill mystery.

X files is interesting bc they had Vince Gilligan on it, as well as Kim Manners from supernatural

I would want a return of the x files on a few conditions. I wouldn't want mulder and scully to come back as main characters but maybe as enigmatic characters that are referenced occasionally and show up when you least expect it. I'd want two fresh new leads who are interesting enough to hold the show up without them, with a new cast of quirky secondary characters (to replace the ones we lost in the most pointless and stupid way in s9)

2big things that made x-files was the monster gallery and the romantic tension. I think Supernatural and the original Xfiles really exhausted pretty much everything out there as far as monsters go, but I think a few good scifi writers could come up with new story lines. As far as romantic tension: I would like that but I'm not opposed to throwing in a third man unexpectedly like in Supernatural

Like I think there's a good foundation there, but as far as the original show goes with Mulder and Scully, I think that version is very very much dead. And good riddance too after those last 2 seasons and that movie. Woof

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

If anything, I'd prefer if it was with new characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    lol. "I haven't been this excited since i was abducted by Aliens" Nice poll option.

So yeah, a production date has been announced, and Mulder and Scully will be returning. 6 episodes only for now though.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/24/x-files...-episodes-fox/

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

just 6 huh? well we'l have to see what happens

I feel like just a short miniseries would be fine. I doubt reviving the series and having multiple seasons would be any good. I think both Duchovny and Anderson said that they really wouldn't want to do a true revival, but a movie or a short miniseries would be fun to do. Anyway I'm almost finished with the series and I'm pretty excited. I can't imagine having watched the series initially and having to wait 13-14 years for more.

Glad it's only going to be a miniseries, keep it short and sweet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information