+ Reply to Thread
Page 399 of 399 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 397 398 399
Results 7,961 to 7,974 of 7974

Thread: one piece treasure cruise (7/11 Never Forget)

Default Re: one piece treasure cruise (7/11 Never Forget)

Quote Originally Posted by tadabola View Post
    is anyone doing the blitz? I'm between 1900-2000 but I'm really afraid. it ends 5 AM here, and I'm gonna stop playing at midnight or less... I wanted an idea of how much should I farm
    I quit after getting the 50 runs yesterday. I should try to do Pica at least once for the gem, but I'm lazy after all that farming yesterday XD

The good thing about getting Barto is that I can use Lucy friends with subs (he's my only safe STR captain and he can boost Lucy too). The bad thing is that I can't use Lucy's own batch for this (maybe I'll use them with Fuji since they're all Driven)

What was Legend Croc's dream team? I only remember 3D2Y Robin and QCK Califa, but there must be better options now with Zou's batch

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Oh, alright, how would Madame Sharley work as an orb booster until i get doflamingo?

feels like game is just massive with depth and content, a bit overwhelming haha
    She wouldn't work. She gives a conditional ATK boost, so she wouldn't overlap with Lucy's special, but she's INT, so she would ruin Lucy's CA (he does even more damage without PSY or INT units in the team)

I was checking the database for STR/DEX/QCK orb boosting units, and if you can't farm Raid Doflamingo now, your best choice is probably Colosseum Lucy. He has a decent drop rate on the medium difficulty and your current team shouldn't have much problems with him (just change Killer for another strong DEX unit )
    Last edited by luffink; February 25th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.
    Waiting for a signature that is worth to see...

Oh, alright, how would Madame Sharley work as an orb booster until i get doflamingo?

feels like game is just massive with depth and content, a bit overwhelming haha
    it will come natural with time don't worry

there's no madame sharley in the game that is an orb booster..there's a dex one that is an orb randomizer and switchers (basically changes all your non-matching orbs into random ones and then lets you exchange the orbs between your units x number of times) and also a delayer (adds +1 to the timer of the enemies in the room if they don't have a protection against that kind of effect) and there's a INt one that is a type/class booster but only if an enemy has a barrier..and it's also INT, so you can't really use it with lucy since you'll lose a big chunk of your atk multiplier and also she would not be boosted by lucy anyway

if i find the time later i'll write you a little guide around the main concepts of the game and team building

You should have an easier time next week, when the anniversary ship changes from "gives 3x Pirate EXP" to "charges all specials from the start".

The game has been building layer over layer of improvements for the characters, so it's truly overwhelming for new players, yeah XD We can go real quick over each part chronologically:

Basic parts: Level up and skillup.
    - Level up is a given: the higher the level, the higher the stats (with the exception of some characters that lose RCV, but that's a different issue). You can level up your characters with practically everything, but the most efficient way is to use turtles or evolved pigs. There's also Meats, which Bandai gives from time to time, that give 5 million XP, enough to raise any character from level 1 to 99.
    - Skillups reduce the charging time of your special, something that becomes necessary in stages where it's hard to stall (or with characters that have starting charge times of 30 turns, something unviable in most stages). You can skill up your characters with either copies of the character (it needs to be the same one or its pre/evolution with the same special) or manuals, with 3 different options:
    *Specific manuals: they have the image of the character and only work for him (or the preevolution if it shares the same special). They drop from fortnights (each one has their own set of manuals), event islands or Colosseum stages (only for the unit of that Colosseum).
    *Almighty Manuals: these manuals work on every character. The're usually given as rewards or as drops on event stages
    *Absolute Almighty Manuals: These manuals work on every character, and they give a guaranteed skillup.

Now a few extra notes to end this part
    *Specific manuals are for Rare Recruit units, Story units, Colosseum units and Legends. If you want to get skillups on Fortnight characters or Raid (Clash) characters, you can only do it by farming copies of the character. The only exception to this rule are some fortnight characters that have low appearance rate.
    *Specific manuals (for RR and Legend units) are only introduced in the game some time after the character is introduced. This makes it hard to use newer characters, since they don't have manuals available, and it's specifically worse in Global since they have introduced most of the batches earlier than usual. We'll have to wait around 5 or 6 months to get the fortnights with manuals for this new batch
    *Skillups by copy, specific manual or Almighty manuals are random. People usually wait for when the game has a "Skillup x2" event or the current x3 to use their manuals and copies to have a better chance.

- Cotton Candies: this was the first improvement for characters, items that boost the character's base stats. An Orange Cotton Candy will give 5+ HP, a Red Cotton Candy will give +2 ATK and a Green Cotton Candy will give +1 RCV, and finally a Yellow Cotton Candy counts as all three together. Each character can get a total of 200 cotton candies, and up to 100 of a certain type, so the most usual advice is to give your captain and your most used characters +100 HP candies and +100 ATK candies, and leave the RCV candies for characters that depend on their RCV stat for their specials or Captain Abilities (like Rocinante in your case). You can get Cotton Candies as rewards from Chopperman Missions, from the Colosseum (as rewards for clearing stages or as enemy drops) or from certain special islands that come from time to time, like Sanji's Le Crap Restaurant, which is coming back next week.

One of the best parts of the Cotton Candies is that they're transferable, meaning that if you feed a unit with another unit that has candies, the first unit will get these candies. People use low evolvers like penguins to "store" the cotton candies that they want to save for later, and then just feed the penguin with all the saved candies to the unit they want to boost

- Powers (commonly called sockets): This is the most strategic part of the game, and the one you'll spend more time on. When you look at the info of a character, you'll see between 2 or 5 empty circles (some low units have just 1 or 0, but they don't matter here). These sockets can be used to give your character extra powers randomly when you give him any version of his character (for example, you can use the DEX Law from the current fortnight to give these powers to a Legend Law), or when you give him Forbidden tomes. There's also Final Forbidden Tomes, which give you an specific power.

There are 10 types of powers, but 4 or 5 of them are usually considered useless:

*Bind Resistance: you can reduce up to 3 turns any bind applied to your team.
    *Despair Resistance: You can reduce up to 3 turns of any Despair applied to your captains
    *Charge Specials: you can redices up to 2 turns the charge time of your team's specials at the start of the adventure (if you use them you'll need to wait all the turns later)
    *Auto-Heal: You can restore up to 1000 HP at the end of each turn
    *Slot Rate: Increases the chances of getting matching orbs on your characters.
    *Map Damage Resistance: some (very few) stages can deal damage on you at the end of X turn. This power can reduce or nullify this damage. Generally useless.
    *Poison Resistance: in the same way, some (rare) enemies or stages can poison you, damaging you at the end of each turn. This power can reduce or nullify that, but it's usually better to just use a character with a special that heals poison
    *RCV Boost: This power can increase the HP you recover from each meat orb. If you need more healing, it's better to invest on Autoheal, since depending on the appearance of RCV orbs can be dangerous. To be honest, this power is only useful for Legend Enel.
    *Damage Reduction: This power can reduce up to 10% the damage that you receive from attacks. Practically speaking, 10% is a small percentage, so it doesn't help much, and it's usually better to use a character with a special that reduces damage, like Fortnight Alvida. Still, it's better than nothing if you can't get better powers.
    *Resilience: It gives you a small chance (from 5 to 20%) to survive a deadly attack from an enemy. Let me quote Brook on this: "What kind of fool... would even plan to die?"

Now the most important part is that these powers depend on the whole team. A character can get up to 5 points of each power, but to get the full effect of these powers your team will need to have between 15 or 24 points of the power. For example, if you want the full effect of the Bind Resistance, you need to have 20 Bind Resistance points between all your characters (Friend Captain included).

Like I said before, you can level up these powers with Forbidden Tomes. It's better to use these on characters that don't have "easy to farm" copies (like... well, any character on your current team, actually XD). Like the Cotton Candies, you can get these tomes as rewards from Chopperman Missions or from Colosseums as rewards or drops. The Final Forbidden Tomes are more rare, and only for rewards or special stages

The last and latest layer of customization is the Limit Break, but if you don't mind we'll leave that for tomorrow XD
    Last edited by luffink; February 25th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.

I'll add a bit about team building

there are several ways to boost the attack of you team momentarily, and the entire meta of the game is based around stalling for specials and then find a way to use them all at once to do millions of damage in one swoop, that's because almost all bosses and mini-bosses have nasty specials that activate when you lower their hp under a certain point.

just remember that you can have ONLY ONE special of the same kind active at the same time

class/type boosters: boost the atk of a certain class or of characters of a given color. very few units are able to boost every kind of unit.

orb boosters: if a character gets a color orb of the same color of his type (for example DEX and green) that unit gets double atk that turn. at the same time if it gets an orb of. the opposite color, the one its weak against (like DEX characters with red orb) they have half their usual atk that turn. if you use an orb booster though, those effects are multiplied for a certain amount... so a DEX character with an orb booster while a x2 orb boost special is active will heal his own atk multiplied by 2 because of the matching orb and then another x2 given by the orb booster.

Conditional booster: these are specials boosts that activate only if the enemy is under a specific debuff.
    color efficiency boosters; a DEX character will naturally hit for double damage against a QCK enemy, and orb efficency booster increase that usual x2 boost by a given amount.
    chain lockers and boosters: the more hits you do the more your chain combo mater will rise and the more damage you do.. a chain locker will set your combo meter to the max from the start, allowing you to do. more damage... a chain booster will instead add a certain amount to the combo chain.

x damage addition:
    some rare units will add x times their own atk on top of your normal. damage

this will do for now... for now the objective for you for now should be to make a team that has a type booster (you have Lucy) an orb booster (doflamingo) and some way to give you the right orbs (diamante already covers half of the team, doflamingo can help you with the rest since it makes you switch orbs between members of your team too) and you should be done for the atk part.
    for the defensive part you. might look for a delayer (golden pound usopp, one of the evolutions of base usopp is great for that) and a damage reducer (Alvida from her fortnight will suffice for now.
    Last edited by Maju; February 25th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

I'm gonna miss playing with Ninja-boosted units when the Blitz is over..!

The last hit on Pica is ~14 million damage.. :D

yep, I'm doing double lucci v2, without any specials I'm hitting 1.5 million on the last hit against diamante. and the last hit is like, the third on the chain. he is super boosted

thanks a lot for the info guys, lots of new stuff I didnt know about!

i managed to get doflamingo from Clash!, so he has taken Killers place.

Saved up tons of cotton candy, forbidden tomes and manuals, just dont know when the time is right to use them yet.

The time to use any manuals you have for characters is right now since they'd be especially effective with the 3x skillup, which lasts for another day or so. Just select the character and look for highlighted manuals.

Tomes are best used for characters that don't have easily farmed copies. That's most legends and a few odd rare recruits. Your Burgess is one of the latter since there's no way to get him right now except rare recruit.

Cotton candy should go on characters that you plan to use a lot or that particularly benefit from it. Corazon would be a good choice for the green recovery candy for instance since his special heals more that way.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Saved up tons of cotton candy, forbidden tomes and manuals, just dont know when the time is right to use them yet.
    yeah,but you do know that you have to get multiple copies to level up his skill right?XD
    actually i suggest you do it now and tomorrow since we are under x3 skillup chance,so you are gonna level up his skill really fast compared to the usual

I updated my previous post with more specific info and advice on skillups and cotton candies. But like Ubiq says, the best time to use those manuals is right now before the skillupx3 ends (you can use the candies and tomes whenever you want, but you'll need lots of money, specially with the candies)

Feeding cotton candies to evolvers and turtles is a good way to save box space by the way and then you can feed them to characters when you're ready. Just be sure to favorite them until then so you don't accidentally use them to evolve somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by tadabola View Post
    is anyone doing the blitz? I'm between 1900-2000 but I'm really afraid. it ends 5 AM here, and I'm gonna stop playing at midnight or less... I wanted an idea of how much should I farm
    Yeah, currently 300some runs into Pica.. but I'll probably stop around 350. This one is hard to get a feel for when to stop and apparently people are speeding up the game somehow with certain phones so that doesn't help. ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    yeah,but you do know that you have to get multiple copies to level up his skill right?XD
    actually i suggest you do it now and tomorrow since we are under x3 skillup chance,so you are gonna level up his skill really fast compared to the usual
    Humm.. rather than Doffy, you may wanna consider farming colo Lucy copies from the mid tier level instead? He's pretty easy and I think it'd be more worthwhile considering he has a lower team cost and won't be around too often compared to Doffy who is permanent. He's a 1.75x orb booster compared to Doffy 2x _but_ his special also gives a full board of matching orbs for 6★ Lucy teams and he has 5 sockets(which you can also fill in from the permanent Halloween FN) so I think he'll be more useful to you as a whole for a beginner. Just my 2c though~

On the other hand, Solid has Fujitora which Doffy would be boosted by. So while he's permanent, he's also more useful in the short term.

I'm going to sleep now. lets see how it ends tomorrw. gonna leave that here (diamante)

Your Rank1508th

Your Victory Pts132

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information